Help

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by wusa_fan, Nov 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wusa_fan

wusa_fan New Member

Jul 31, 2003
    This has gotten me real upset. Someone another board (ponytail posse) is making derogitory remarks
    using filthy language. about the nat'l team, and threesomes and using words like C**t and C##t.
    I was wondering when the moderator was going to step in and fix it. this guy/he/she/whatever it is has gone into other sections of the board and said something filthy. Isn't there something we can do??
    I am sure the younger kids don't need to be seeing these kinds of filthy remarks. Isn't there some kind of internet laws this "thing" is making. (the lovely vision of this "thing" being taken away in handcuffs) Personally I think the thing is using someone screenname when they arent around or someone looking for attention. Someone have any suggestions???? HELP

2. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    You need to contact the moderators at PonyTailPosse.com

BigSoccer is completely unaffiliated.

Sorry.

3. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    I think I saw some of these (Malibu I assume). I did not see any way to report an offensive post or contact the moderators/owners otherwise. If these are the official boards of the US Players Association they are very foolish not to moderate them regularly - trolls show up everywhere eventually. I doubt there is a law censoring free speech (and don't think there should be), but moderators should and do have the power to keep their boards on topic (a beauty of bulletin boards over email lists). Note that trolls simply want to elicit angry reactions. Ignoring them is the best policy, don't encourage them by posting angry replies.

So my only suggestion is to start frequenting us instead :D Though we have our share of trolls here as well, they are not as offensive as this example and even have some valid points at times. When they do need to be dealt with, our moderators stirke down with an iron fist and may god have mercy on anyone who gets in their way ;)

Welcome to BigSoccer!

4. wusa_fan

wusa_fan New Member

Jul 31, 2003
    I understand that and I know that
    I was just looking for some help since
    the moderators dont seem to be
    responding to anything.

5. wusa_fan

wusa_fan New Member

Jul 31, 2003
    yep it just
    disgusting they way
    they get away with it.
    I came over here once, it was
    after the us v germany game and a
    fan said she was glad that the US lost that she
    didnt what her daughter looking up to
    April. UGH

6. DCUPopeAndLillyFan

Apr 20, 2000
    Colorado
    Well, like Andy said we're not affiliated with them and can't contact them any better than you can. We can just provide an alternate forum.

As for anti-US comments, not everyone likes the US so you will see some of them.

7. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Which is an entirely valid opinion. Nobody is going sugarcoat things at BigSoccer. The mods here do a pretty decent job of getting rid of offensive material and personal attacks but people's opinions are fair game. The above is a bad example - and if it's the type of thing you're complaining about then you probably won't be comfortable at BigSoccer, either.

8. XYZ

XYZ New Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Big Cat Country
    BigSoccer is better. While we allow differing points of view, the things described in the original post would not be permitted.

Since we try to keep discussion in this forum specifically about the WUSA and, since this thread is off that topic, I'm closing it. As others have said, we're not affiliated with the other boards, so we can't help you with them.