Help the Wizards Host the West Final [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by KCFutbol, Nov 9, 2003.

1. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    And let's not forget that San Jose sucked eggs for 3 1/2 games against LA prior to their comeback.

Right now there are three "hot" teams in MLS, and they're all still playing - Chicago, New England, and Kansas City.

2. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was anyone else struck by the fact that Hartman didn't seem to try on any goal except the last one?

I watched only the highlights on MLS Wrap, but Hartman looked completely lackadaisical on all of those goals, particularly Agoos' FK. Chad? Ben?

I don't think San Jose will get the same type of luck against Tony.

3. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Looking back I'd say Hartman didn't have much of a chance...

#1 Ruiz header from a free kick out wide. Hartman left flat footed, but from 6 yards unless you're guessing very well you're not going to get to that ball.
    #2 Hartman comes out and takes down Walker (still think that should have been a red card) and Donovan puts it away with no keeper. He tried on that one really hard.
    #3 Agoos free kick is indirect. they did a roll, step, shoot kick. Hartman was screened by his wall, and I don't think he knew the ball was started. You often see keepers flat footed on free kicks.
    #4 Header from a cross. Hartman kinda watched on this one, although its still a situation of what foot was his weight on and where was he guessing. Because its hard to change direction on a shot from that close no matter how slow the shot is.
    #5 He sure tried, but it was a good shot.

LAs defense and midfield just let the team down.

4. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    I only saw the last two goals... but from what I saw:

Hartman was somewhat positioned toward the near post on the equalizer... ball just cleared him and Roner had a wide open net to shoot at. Hartman had no chance to get back to that side of his goal and make a save. (Just like we're always taught as keepers, "It's easier to move up than go back"). He did seem to just let it go though... You'd think he would have made more of an effort.

The last goal was just a good shot.

5. Blong

Blong Member+

Oct 29, 2002
    Midwest, the real one.
    I don't think you can really blame Hartman on this one. Onstad was a bit flat-footed, though.

6. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    What the hell was I thinknig about. Doh! :)