Help save the Wizards!!!

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by BenC1357, Jul 15, 2005.

1. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
  2. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    "Lamar Hunt will be on 1310 AM The Ticket in Dallas on Monday. You can listen online at www.theticket.com and I'm sure they will be taking calls. The show that he will be on is called "BaD" Radio, and their website is www.bobanddan.net

There are e-mail links to both Bob and Dan and the producers of the show, so I would almost bank on that question being asked if you e-mail it to them (Dan would probably be your best shot. he loves stirring up siht)

The show is on from 12 to 4 CDT. Maybe you can get the question posed to him and force an answer."

3. FreeNachos

FreeNachos Member

Apr 10, 2001
    North Hollywood, CA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    People need to take shifts calling the radio show. Take an hour, get three or four friends and don't stop calling. Keep the questions fresh but on the same topic. They'll probably want to talk about the opening of Pizza Hut Park. You'll be a screener's nightmare.

4. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Thanks for putting the fliers out on BigSoccer Ben.

Start writing people!!!

5. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wrote my letter today, dropping it in the mail tomorrow. Don't know how much they'll care about a non-local's opinion, even if I am from MO, but I let them know how much I want the team to stay, in no uncertain terms.

6. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    Since we were asked by the Wizards front office not to pass these out at the game, we need to pass them out in the community.

I've attached the PDF of the flyer. Please print out copies of it, cut it in half, and distribute them all over the city. Stick them on lightpoles, post them up in soccer establishments. Put them up in bars. Tape them to people's backs like "kick me" signs. Just do whatever needs to be done to get them out there.

Thanks

7. ojsgillt

ojsgillt Member

Feb 27, 2001
    Lee's Summit MO
    should there be a bounty?

8. wizards girl

wizards girl New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    i just printed a couple. but when i do write mabey i should send a picture with one of my jerseys on, infront of all my posters holding my huge goal sign.

mabey seeing how young and devoted some of us are, he will keep his word.

9. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    It has been decided that we should hold off on distributing the flyers for the time being.

10. wizards girl

wizards girl New Member

Dec 19, 2004
    why?
    cause i already put some up.

oops.

11. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    It's fine... don't worry about the ones that you've already put up. Just don't put more up for now.

12. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Why?

13. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they were not printed on recycled paper! Always think Earth First :p

14. FreeNachos

FreeNachos Member

Apr 10, 2001
    North Hollywood, CA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd like to remind everyone, that there's been a bounty of $100 to stick a "SAVE THE WIZARDS" sticker on Lamar Hunt for months. I'd even give it to three people!

By the way, Lamar's Arrowhead parking space is cute but DOES NOT COUNT.

Nice try though.

15. Village_Idiot

Village_Idiot New Member

Feb 26, 2004
    Prairie Village, KS
    While I appreciate the enthusiasm Scott, I have to weigh in on this one as a massively bad idea, for a number of reasons. While most of us are disappointed with his decision to sell our favorite club, the Lamar still deserves our thanks and respect for 10 years of professional soccer.

I am not an apologist for HSG (by ANY means), but let's try to keep our passion for the MLS in Kansas City above board.

- Greg

16. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    As for the "Save The Wizards" stickers.

Scott, you'll be glad to hear that there are a good number of them stuck to chairs and lockers and walls in the Wizards locker room. Not sure exactly which of the players stuck up the stickers, but I'll be sure to ask next chance I get. There's a bunch on the wall near Davy's locker, so that could be the culprit.

Your eBay auction of the Wizards is also up on the wall, along with the article about it.

17. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Not that golfers would particularly care, but many now see the message in the strangest places....

18. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
  19. KCRovert

KCRovert BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 17, 2004
    Overland Park
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if he tries to bring it to my goal!! :p

20. FreeNachos

FreeNachos Member

Apr 10, 2001
    North Hollywood, CA
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fight to keep the Wizards in town is pure fandom. There are no secret agendas, nobody's getting any cash. It's only people giving their time and effort for one thing: to watch the Wizards play soccer in a nice stadium in Kansas City.

That's it! The only motive. An MLS team is not an instant cash cow. Nobody's getting rich. Hell, I doubt anyone makes 10 bucks on this. I blame the X Files and Daria (though I like both) for making people look at the world with such a cynical conspiracy-theorized vision.

This is for civic pride and the fun we have watching soccer with a big crowd.

21. SamPierron

SamPierron BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 30, 1998
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guys and gals, time to start firing off another round of those letters. It can't hurt to reinforce the message. Please try to remain positive in your remarks.

22. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    That means the flyer campaign is back on too. Print them out and paste them up all over the city.

23. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Thank you for printing the flyer. There was concern that the negative connotation of the flyer would do more harm than good, but at this point all we can worry about is how to keep this team in town. Please put up as many as you feel you can.

24. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    The two moderators got together and we decided that it be best that this thread be split. Not the best place to have a discussion about people's opinions of HASF and those involved.

As Sam said.....send more letters!

25. Sachsen

Sachsen Member+

Aug 8, 2003
    Broken Arrow, Okla.
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's my letter.