Help! recreational soccer in Japan. Mie-ken? Chiba?

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Roblar, May 16, 2003.

1. Roblar

Roblar Member

Sep 15, 2000
    The 73072
    Does anyone know a site for information on pick-up soccer games or casual rec-leagues in Japan?

Specifically, I've just been offered jobs in Mie-ken and in Chiba-ken, and I'm thinking about using soccer as a criteria for deciding between the two.

I know it would be easier to SEE soccer in Chiba, but I want to PLAY soccer, adn I want to play the way I do here in CA - not so serious as to have practice and actually get into good shape, but serious enough to have uniforms, refs, and fullsize goals.

Any information (the more specific the better) you might have would be MUCH appreciated!

2. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    I wish I could help you but I'm not really sure if I could give you any info. But bumping this thread anyway so someone might see it.

3. Roblar

Roblar Member

Sep 15, 2000
    The 73072
    Thanks skipshady. ...but I've decided on Mie (today), so now it's just a question of finding people in the know in the city of Tsu....

Perhaps it will be a few years of "futsal".

4. Makno

Makno New Member

Jun 20, 2002
    Mie
    I don't actually play, but I live in Tsu and some of my friends play here. You can check out this site for more information on soccer in this area.

www.fa-mie.jp

And this is the site for my friends team in nearby Yokkaichi.

http://www.medianetjapan.com/2/sport/poruto/

If you need more specific information, send me a pm and I'll do what I can to help out.