Help please?

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Dyfi Forester, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Dyfi Forester

Dyfi Forester New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Corris, Wales, UK
    Hello nice Bulls fans,

We are coming to NY next week and would like to attend the game V DC Utd. I have some idea of what to do to get to the Giants stadium (some bus service from Manhattan??) but i'd rather ask some proper fans what to do. :)

And where do we buy tickets? At the ground on the day??

Thanks if anyone can help. BTW, We are at the Holiday Inn in Midtown Manhattan.

2. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can go to the Port Authority at 42nd and 8th and get a bus to the stadium. There will be regular bus takers here who can tell you which bus.

You can definitely get walk up tickets.

Here are the guys you want to meet before the game.

http://www.empiresc.com/index.jsp

3. SteveB2

SteveB2 New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Nanuet, NY
    Welcome to New York.
    When you are at your hotel try to get information regarding the schedule for the bus. Unfortunatley Saturday bus service is not as regular as weekday service. Also you want to make sure you have plenty of time.
    Seats are plentiful in the stadium. If you look on the teams website and click the stadium button on the side you will get a schematic showing the seating chart and prices.
    The supporters club [the "ESC"] stands in Section 101. The area behind the opposing goal will house the visiting DC Scum fans.
    I hope you enjoy your time here.

4. locolos

locolos New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    New York
  5. QrysDonnell

QrysDonnell Member

Apr 2, 2006
    New York
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Okay, here's how to get to the stadium from Manhattan:

(1) get to Port Authority (42nd St, everyone in the city knows where this is)

(2) you need to go to the NJ Transit windows and buy a ticket for the event bus for Giants Stadium. They run when there's events, so there isn't really any schedule. You'll likely see people wearing soccer jerseys and such, and they'll help you if you have questions. Don't buy the tickets from the machine, as they're a different route and don't drop you off right at the stadium.

You can buy walk up tickets not to far from where the bus drops you off. The bus will pick you up at the same spot after the game (it's near Gate D).

I have a tendency to always end up with tickets far away from Gate D (I'm not very good at paying attention to where I'm buying tickets) - You may want to get tickets in a section close to the gate so you're not walking through the whole stadium before or after the game.

It's pretty convenient. Especially compared to the last time I drove to the stadium from the city (Man U/AC Milan game) where it was a nightmare and we had to park out behind the Continental Airlines area after taking two hours to drive there from the Upper West Side. (With no traffic it'd be 20 minutes).

The buses usually aren't too bad for Metrostars games. (For the Chelsea/AC Milan game last year the line at the PA was obnoxiously long although it moved fast enough that I didn't end up missing any of the game).

6. SteveB2

SteveB2 New Member

Feb 21, 2005
    Nanuet, NY
    I copied this off the RB site. Hopefully it will help you with the bus.

PORT AUTHORITY IN MANHATTAN
    The Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan at Eighth Avenue and 41st Street offers load-and-go bus service for all events at the Meadowlands Sports Complex (20 minute ride). Service begins operating 1-1/2 to 2 hours before the event begins. The last bus to the Sports Complex will depart 30 minutes after the event begins. Frequency of service will be determined by the nature of the event and the ridership demand. ( In New York City, passengers are required to have a ticket prior to boarding.)

Departure Locations:
    Departure areas for all other events should be confirmed at NJ Transit Ticket Windows 1-10.

From Meadowlands Sports Complex to New York Port Authority Bus Terminal: Bus service begins operating at the conclusion of the sporting event or concert. The last bus to New York City will depart one-half hour after the event has concluded. (Fares may be paid on-board the bus at the Meadowlands Sports Complex.)

Departure Locations:
    Giants Stadium: From the bus shelters near the west end of the Stadium and practice field area (Gate D).
    $6.50 round trip for adults.
    $1.50 one-way for seniors and disabled persons.

Look forward to seeing you at the game. If you get to the stadium early stop by Lot 16A and you can meet some of the guys from here. If you start siinging "Men of Harlach" we'll know you are you.

7. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    SteveB2 forgot to mention to you guys that Parking lot section 16A is close to Gate C. So if you wish to join us there you are welcomed. Or if you wish to contact Jolysaddler he will be here as well. He supports Walsall in England and he will be here for the match against DC United. He will also give you information.

Welcome to section 101 folks.

8. Dyfi Forester

Dyfi Forester New Member

Jun 25, 2002
    Corris, Wales, UK
    Thankyou for all the help. I hope we'll make it to the game but i'll have to see how much of our Saturday it takes up. If we can come to the game and still have time to do other things, it'll be fine but if it's going to take much of the day, maybe we won't do it. I can't see my companions agreeing to use all their day watching footy. :(

Around what time do you think we should leave Manhattan for the game? And what time should we be back?

9. sccrhound

sccrhound Member

Oct 8, 2002
    CT
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know there is some timing with the buses after the game, but the stadium is only a 20 minute ride from the bus station at that time of night

Figure leaving NYC around 2:30 to 3 and being back by 7 at the latest. BTW the Empire State Building is much better at night.

You might be able to leave later if you don't want to do pre game