Help me out here...

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by laurent garnier, Aug 24, 2002.

1. Chachi King

Chachi King New Member

Mar 14, 2002
    Right.

That's why Lee Eul-yong got 2.4 million to play in Turkey. Lee Eul-yong who wasn't even in the original starting lineup. That's why Song Jong-guk got 4 mil to play for Feyenoord. Why Seol Ki-hyeon is leading the Belgian league in scoring.

If you were a real man you would post on your original name instead of being a pu$$y and creating another screen name just to flame. And if your first action on Bigsoccer is to making a stupid post like that then I feel sorry for you, punka$$.

Read this article, if you really care what's going on with Korean players, and take that hairy thumb out of your ass: http://english.joins.com/Article.asp?aid=20020823000536&sid=600

2. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    80% chance that
    laurent garnier = Smoking Man

they were registered the same day

we just need one of the mods to check the IP address to make sure.

3. Korean Football

Korean Football New Member

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    Ono eclipsing Cha? or are you just talking about the UEFA Cup alone?

Even if you just count the UEFA Cup alone, Ono still has some ways to go.

Ono has to

1. move to another team that's not so great and then make the team into a great team eventually just like how Cha made Leverkusen rise to the status of today's Leverkusen.

2. win ANOTHER UEFA Cup to that new team

3. Has to score at the finals of the UEFA Cup playing a critical role.

Achieving the above 3 will make Ono in the same height with Cha IN UEFA CUP-wise.

4. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    dont forget that the uefa cup has to be won for the first time. he has to get the mvp in either spain, italy, or england.

5. jamisont

jamisont Member

Jan 30, 2002

When a club invest money on asian players, they look at their current level+marketing value+ potential, they calculate this first.

The gap between K-league players and J-league players arent much that different, thats why K-league teams are asking almost same transfer fee that J-league teams get. but they are forgeting marketing factor.

You would invest that kind money on players if you can get it right back and even more by selling jerseys and attracting visitors, that will never happen with korean players.

6. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    they could go to teams like Arsenal except that they won't start or get paid little.

because

1. the clubs that have those Chinese or Japanese players let their players go.

2. the players don't really care about how much they get paid

Anderlecht is a stronger team than mid-EPL teams.
    Anderlecht has shown fairly good results in the Champions League in recent few years. Anderlecht, at least, is a CL team.

because

1. the Japanese clubs let them go. At least MUCH easier than to deal with stubborn K-League clubs that rarely let go their players.

2. The Japanese players will bring them(let's be honest) LOTS of $$$ to the respective clubs that buy the Japanese players. Inamoto was called a "T-shirt" by the Arsenal fans for that reason. On the other hand, the EU clubs know that the Koreans don't buy the shirts of the Korean players. Haven't you heard of the Red Devils? we're pretty evil you know.

Knowing that bringing a Korean player wouldn't bring any financial help like the tourists buying everything, the EU clubs hesitate to try to bring an expensive Korean player in the midst of this frozen EU market.

*yawn*

Is this new to u?????

The K-League clubs know what happens if they sell their player. The attendance will be cut 2/3.

it's a long way.

1. The K-League clubs refuse to let their players go. They could do that in various ways like calling for unrealistic price, downright refusing the offers, etc.

2. The players, to be honest, aren't desperate....let's say like the Chinese players. The domestic league isn't THAT terrible.

3. the EU market is frozen right now. They can't afford to bring in Korean players from the K-League clubs that ask for high price tag.

4. the Korean agents are amateurs.

Try this:

http://english.joins.com/Article.asp?aid=20020823000536&sid=600

7. just for little note. ono is a midfielder and assisted the feyenoord's 3rd goal in uefa final to beat dortmund 3-2 on may 8 in rotterdam

8. SmokingMan

SmokingMan New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    A Dark Smoke-Filled
    Well, you sure proved that you arent very good at making odds.
    Smoking Man = Smoking Man. Why would I want to be anyone else?

I guess this "Asia" forum must be run by Koreans. As soon as you make any comment that is even mildly critical you ge two dozen of them jumping out of the woodwork trying to discredit you. Why dont you guys go take a cold shower and cool off. Sheesh, what a bunch of self-righteous braggarts you lot are.

9. funny to see some replies. i thought the guy was just asking with genuine interest. maybe bad timing asking after the mess.

10. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    i am more impressed at your ability to ignore all the facts stated above. why don't you try to quote some people's attack on you and return it? simple. cause its impossible. therefore, u (just like many others here) simply start Korea bashing. You are just like Mike sergroves and co. hey. at least they come up with something funny and creative.

11. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Korean market is not yet proven by the Europen clubs. Perugia signed Ahn with a hope of making tons of money. They were expecting Ahn as similar to Nakata's case. But when Ahn actually went to play in Perugia, Koreans had generally no interests in it. There was no live TV coverage, no jersey selling..nothing!

The only thing Korean broadcasting stations are interested about is Baseball. MBC, Korea's second largest broadcasting company paid almost 40 million dollars to buy the TV rights for live broadcasts in Korea of Park Chan Ho's games in MLB. With that much money, you could build a 20,000 seated stadium!

But hopefully, things are getting changed. After having a successful WC, the Koreans begin to have more and more interests in football. Korea is actually experiencing one of the greatest football booms in the history of the sport. Baseball is no longer a No.1 sport in Korea.

Feynoord is planning to develop a huge marketing activity on newly singed 'Song' in Korea. Let's see how it comes out.

12. SmokingMan

SmokingMan New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    A Dark Smoke-Filled
    Korea bashing?
    Thats a good one. You clowns dont need to be bashed, you do a great job of making fools of yourself without any help from me.

I posted one message noting that Alex was just signed by Charlton for 5 million, and immediately a crowd of Koreans show up, calling me and imposter or accusing me of being this laurent guy.

Hey, it isnt Korean bashing to note that the people behaving like rude children here are Koreans. That just happens to be what you are. If I said "all Koreans behave like rude children", that would be Korea bashing. I simply observed that the people who are behaving rude and attacking other people on this thread all seem to be Koreans.

That isnt bashing, its a statement of fact.
    If youve got a problem with it, maybe you should START by changing your behavior

13. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    Just chill a little. Some of these Koreans are simply quite protective and chauvinistic when the subject of Korean football is being discussed. You'll get used to it if you come here more often. :)

14. woorijim

woorijim Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Bucheon, South Korea
    Nowadays, it seems like every single thread in Asian forum is turning into rivalry boards.

Guys, just cool it down. Keep the discussion in football.

15. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    point taken. But still he has yet to score a winning goal at the finals of the UEFA Cup becoming the MVP. Twice.

But yes, I would take those two(especially the fact that he's an attacking mid) points.

16. Korean Football

Apr 21, 2001
    U.S.
    maybe you should STOP being jealous. :D

17. i actually don't dare comparing ono with cha yet but i still don't see the winning goal point at all. it sounds to me that playing as FW, MF, DF, and GK are all same. sorry to ask you forzagrifo but sometimes i need to ask someone apprently has better insight and analysis than me, do you completely agree with what he said?

btw in feyenoord, ono is mostly playing in as volante and sidewing, not particularly an attacking midfielder but all rounder

18. especially when two apparent 16th century psychotics called whinning king and leelo ( i see some others might join them soon) start zinging you everything will be as stunning and magnificent as the world you have never lived before.

19. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Get used to it. They are the most insecure people in these boards.

20. great word and so appropreately used.

21. AmoebaCulture

AmoebaCulture Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Andromeda
    Prior to the World Cup I used to hate it when Koreans declined offers from lesser leagues like the Dutch or the Belgian. Now I hate it when European clubs try to test us. Lee Chun-soo without question is one of the best in the K-League. But when shietty teams like Southampton want a trial from a player that just finished playing on the most prestigious and THE most IMPORTANT tournanment of the world, he should get a little more respect. Ulsan has the rights to lee and I say they made the right call.

As with why there arent many Koreans in Europe I say its partly because Korean agents can't even find which hole they shi+ from. Korean players..like Japanese and Chinese players are trained professionals and they should be treated like professioanls..with professional agents.

22. laurent garnier

laurent garnier New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Singapore
    Cheers woorijim,

The most insightful post yet. These are exactly the sort of stuff I was suspecting before but weren't sure.

Everyone said to me during the World Cup that Koreans love baseball more than football, and it could hardly tell during June. Everyone was behind their team and while I thought the success of the WC might auger a change of tide for Korea, the numbers that woorijim gave about the broadcasting certainly put paid to that notion. Those figures, I assume, are concrete.

By the way, I am not Smoking Man and its quite hilarious to see how the Red Devils have assumed that we are. I didn't even know me and Smoking Man registered on the same day! Seems to me we are on the same line of fate Smokey! haha!

But its great to hear different views from various points and I was sitting here wondering, aren't Korean concerned that their players are not getting the right kind of exposure at the European leagues?

Fair enough, Anderlect are a Champions League side but so are Zalaegerszeg [who defeated Man United 1-nil incidentally] and Rosenborg. With all due credit to the three teams, I don't conform to the suggestion that they are that much better than say Man City, Everton or Fulham.

I reckon Man City and Fulham will be able to give Rosenborg, Zalaegerzeg and Andelect a real proper go if they meet, with Everton perhaps the only EPL team amogst the three that is a bit shaky as a team.

That being said, Everton do look a different side with Li Tie on board. They were unlucky not to beat Tottenham last week in a 2-2 draw and defeated Sunderland AT the Stadium of Light [in my view there is only one Stadium of Light and that is at Benfica].

23. laurent garnier

laurent garnier New Member

Aug 22, 2002
    Singapore
    Hi ForzaGrifo,

It just seems to me that Korea organisations, notably say Samsung, are such powerhouses in the financial arena, and while they have played such a huge part in the World Cup organisation, why aren't they doing similar work on the European scene?

Like how Kejian Telecomms of China have boldly sponsored Everton, perhaps a similar deal could be struck to take Korean players to Europe?

A bit shameful I must admit but if you want patriotism, I think what Kejian have done is absolutely spot on. Everyone is happy... Kejian are happy with exposure around the world, Everton gets money, the two Li's get to play in England... I don't see the problem!

Cheers

24. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    if this isn't korea bashing what is it?

25. AmoebaCulture

AmoebaCulture Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Andromeda
    its kinda cute how smokey said that.