Help me find a team

Discussion in 'France' started by English_Gent, Aug 4, 2006.

1. English_Gent

English_Gent New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Reading, England
    Bonjour,

In around 4 weeks time I will be holidaying the south west of France, my hobbie is collecting football shirts from the places I visit around the world and I would like to find the closest team so I can hunt down the shirt.

I don't know the name of the area I am going to but when you look at a map it is pretty much right in between Bourdeaux & Toulouse. The team doesn't have to be top division, in fact I prefer lower division teams as it makes the shirt all the more unique back home.

Can anyone recommend a team located in that area?

p.s the shirt has to be available from local shops in the area so I can buy it of course

2. bb.85

bb.85 New Member

Aug 1, 2006
    PARIS
    so in this this area you have the TFC=Toulouse Football Club in their stadium which name is "le stadium" here is their website : http://www.tfc.info/fr/home/0/Accueil

or you also have the FC Bordeaux ( his name is also "les girondins" because the area, the region is "la gironde" ). this club play this year the champions league. here is their website: http://www.girondins.com/index2.html

But in france the most famous club is PSG (Paris Saint Germain), OM (olympique de marseille) and OL (olympique lyonnais) and it will be very pity(i don(t know if it is pity or damge....:confused: ) il you don't go in paris just for one match because bordeaux-paris in train last just 3h......( i do some publicity for my club (psg) ... and my kop (kop of boulogne)...lol )

bb.85

3. English_Gent

English_Gent New Member

Jul 29, 2004
    Reading, England
    If this the colour of their home shirt then I am definately buying it!

[​IMG]

4. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Libourne/Saint-Seurin

In second division is just outside of Bordeaux. They sound like a good team for you.

http://www.fclss.com/

5. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    rep for your hobby because it's mine as well.

I'd go for the toulouse kit, the sponsors look nice on the kit and it isn't plain. But the bordeaux kits are always nice and distinctive.

6. hypolithe_forever

hypolithe_forever New Member

Jul 10, 2006
    Créteil - France
    This area is a rugby country !!!

There's two of the most famous rugby team in the area : Stade Toulousain and Biarritz Olympique.

For football shirts there's only Girondins de Bordeaux, Toulouse FC and Libourne Saint Seurin but Libourne is really a bad team, they are in Ligue 2 for the first time in history !!

7. Herm

Herm New Member

Sep 14, 2005
    Bordeaux, France
    Girondins of course !
    Or Libourne... but i don't know where you'll be able to find their shirts except in Libourne maybe.

Bordeaux shirt will be much easier to find.

[​IMG]
    Home 06-07

[​IMG]
    Away 06-07

Our sponsor is now KIA.

8. Das Berzerker

Das Berzerker New Member

Oct 6, 2005
    Hello, I don't know if any of you saw this in the England forum. But they had a list of all the teams in the EPL and a quick summery of the personality, style and history of the team. I want to follow L1 more so this season I enjoyed it quite a bit watching the Fox soccer channel but they only play about 1 game a week. And it would be more enjoyable to actulley have a better understanding of the teams and its make up. My family is from the Normandy region in the Houssaye area ( if I understood the geography proper), the only 2 teams I have really heard much about are Rouen FC and FC Caen. I doesnt bother me to follow a team not in the top but my french is not good enough to just follow a team by reading on line plus I would like to see a game ever now and than on tv over here :) Any help would be much appriciated thanks in advance!

9. sl7vk

sl7vk Member

Mar 3, 2005
    Salt Lake City
    Club:
    AS Nancy Lorraine
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I like Caen a lot, but what about Le Havre?

If you like French soccer at all, I suggest you get Setanta sports, they are the only chanel, aside from tv5 that is covering league 1 this year. 2 matches per week.

10. Anti-footix

Anti-footix New Member

May 30, 2006
    Lyon
    Le Havre Athletic Club is the oldest French club (since 1972).
    Stade Malherbe Caen is named from the name of François de Malherbe, a famous poet from the "Renaissance Era".
    one thing that really sucks about that 2 teams : they changed their logo, the logos are ugly and you can't feel any History and legacy behind this logos.

11. ilv2

ilv2 New Member

May 30, 2004
    L'abbaye de Leffe
    à Das Berzerker

Anti-Footix did a good, brief run through of Lens, ASSE, OL, OM, and PSG on another thread. For history and stuff, you should check wikipedia.