Help me choose a US Football team!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by england4eva, Sep 7, 2002.

1. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Oh, and Tom Landry was Satan.

2. empennage

empennage Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    The Chargers kicked Cincinati's(sp?) ass today. I think coach Marty is going to make a huge difference this season, and it should be reason enough for a new fan to root for them.

3. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    STAY AWAY FROM THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS...and I'm not just saying that because I'm a Cowboys fan and bleed blue and silver this time of the year. Their owner is one of the biggest idiots, chumps, arse hole characters ever. (a little like Jerry Jones as a matter of fact). Little Danny Snyder once trashed a suite in Texas Stadium after the Cowboys beat his sorry team. True story. If you want a working class team with tradition, then go with either the Packers, the Bears, the Jets, or or the Bills.

4. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help me choose a US Football team!

That wasn't during the Tom Landry days. And if you want to get into it, why don't you do the math and figure out the percentage of the team that had those problems. What is it, like, maybe two percent of the whole team at any given moment??

The Cowboys are the greatest and nothing puts fear into an opposing team like the blue and silver star.

5. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard someone say. Tom Landry is golden. One of the true champions and all around good guys in the history of all professional sports. You don't have to be a Cowboys fan to know that.

6. Foots

Foots Member

Jan 7, 2002
    Ellicott City, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    If you do the math, that is one percent from the whole organization.

7. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    hehehe, that's true...although his level of idiocy could carry a ten or twenty other people.

8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'll give credit where due here. I'm a thirty-year Steelers fan, but I have nothing but respect for Landry's 70s Cowboys. I can't hate on Jimmy/Jerry, tho, because they won. I CAN hate on Neil O'Donnell...

BTW, whatever happened to Duane Thomas?

9. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Hey! England4eva, I absolutely forgot to mention that you can get in on the ground floor of a new franchise. Why not support the Houston Texans?

10. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Because franchise teams are lllaaammmeee...

11. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Oops, I meant expansion.

12. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    You must be the bastard son of Satan...and his lieutenant, Staubach...

13. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    First, good to hear. Second, I was under the impression that if you were from Liverpool and were Catholic, you tend to support Liverpool. But if you're Protestant, you support Everton. Or Catholics for Man U., Jews generally for Man. City. Just what I'd heard. Third, have a nice day.

14. WarrenWallace

WarrenWallace Member

Mar 12, 1999
    Beer and Cheese
    I just say to support Green Bay. This team is not owned by a greedy owner. The team will never, ever move. The team is owned by the public. And I am one of those owners. Plus the city of Green Bay is 100,000 people. Titletown is the little town that could!

15. Mr. Cam

Mr. Cam Red Card

Jun 28, 2001
    You cannot possibly be stupid enough to write "OK, I have decided to really try and get into this sport this year." And then state "have you ever seen rugby? I like that cos of the running. I don't like the throwing all the time. it just gets boring and there isn't so much skill involved IMO."

Perhaps the athletic talent, complexities, and subtleties of an NFL passing game require more thought than you can or care to give to "our" game. With that in mind, if you really want to lean what American Football is all about. Don't pick a team, embrace the sport by watching EVERY American Football game that you can, college or professional. I defy you to watch the entire 2002-2003 NFL regular and post season and NOT realize that the NFL has league wide ATHLETIC talent that RUGBY: LEAGUE or UNION or AUSTRALIAN RULES FOOTBALL cannot even dream of!!!

By the end of the season england4eva, you too will realize that our best athletes play in the NFL, not MLS. And then you will realize we HAVE the athletic resources to win a WORLD CUP, we just don't the interest, yet!

It’s called a salary cap. The New England Patriots had a team player payroll in 1999 that totaled $60,000,000. The salary cap in the NFL has prevented one of the major problems that currently plagues MLB. The NFL is the MOST valuable FOOTBALL LEAGUE in the World!!!

16. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Oops. Satan's team just got beat by an lame expansion team...

17. Smiley321

Smiley321 Member

Apr 21, 2002
    Concord, Ca
    Heheheh

Campo has to be an idiot to rival Jerry Glanville. Having the players punch a timeclock to pretend that they're blue collar......

And the Cowboys will be lousy as long as Jerry Jones thinks he can run the team. Quincy is Jerry's qb of the future, he stinks. Nobody can be an NFL quarterback named Quincy or Bubby.

They were much more hate-able back in the Landry days. Now they're too pathetic to hate.

18. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    They need to find someone named Y.A.

Or Fran.

19. oman

oman Member

Jan 7, 2000
    South of Frisconsin
    Yup. I reckon.

20. eric515

eric515 Member

May 8, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Aston Villa FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Root for the Falcons!! We need fan support, and we have the guy who will arguably be the most exciting player in the NFL for the next 10 years in Michael Vick, if you like overall athletic skill, he is the guy you need to watch. We are unfortunately, akin to someone like Southampton or Everton in the EPL, always around, never do much...maybe that will change.

However, if you want to watch a team with great fans and another exciting player, go with Green Bay. The Packers have great fans, are owned by the city of Green Bay, are the smallest city in the NFL, yet have a great team and great support from fans. I don't know who you would compare them to in England...Man City??

21. 655321

655321 New Member

Jul 21, 2002
    The Mission, SF
    Freakin' terrible, the Cowboys were. Even the glowing defensive performance couldn't save that terrible offensive showing. Quincy Carter had a nightmare. He was one, maybe two more games to redeem himself.

22. england4eva

england4eva New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    England
    ok, ive just spoke to my bro and he says that its kinda true about the everton/liverpool and the religion thing, but most ppl i know support them cos of owen etc.

as for man u fans being catholic and man city fans being jews - lol! i have never heard that before in my life.

ttyl

23. england4eva

england4eva New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    England
    im scared now ;)

24. england4eva

england4eva New Member

Sep 4, 2002
    England
    man city do have a very loyal and "vocal" fan base. bit too mouth for me ;) i am biased though cos im United all the way.

25. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Yeah, but now they've got the Greatest Coach In Helmetball History...Steve Spurrier :D. I'm telling you, count out the Ol' Ball Coach at your own risk...