Help Lower Cost of FulhamTV

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by ChicagoTom, Aug 16, 2005.

1. ChicagoTom

ChicagoTom New Member

Mar 17, 2005
    Chicago
    On Friday, August 12th, Fulham Football club launched a new feature called FulhamTV. For those who do not know, for a monthly cost of 7.99 British Pounds, one can listen to match commentary from every match, watch match highlights, see interviews with players and be involved in other media related Fulham events.

In past seasons, the club charged nothing to listen to the Gentleman Jim call matches from Craven Cottage or other stadiums around England.

In doing some research, I have found that the 7.99 charge Fulham is asking people to pay on a monthly basis is double what every other club offers. Some examples of what others charge:

Chelsea - 25 Pounds/year for Live Commentary, Highlights, interviews and a 24/7 radio network

Aston Villa - 2.99 Pounds/Month for Live Match Commentary and 3.99 Pounds/Month for Highlights, Commentary, Interviews, etc.

West Ham - 3.99 Pounds/Month or 35 Pounds/Year for Live commentary, hightlights, etc.

Bolton - 2.99 Pounds/Month for Live Match Commentary and 3.99 Pounds/Month for Highlights, Commentary, Interviews, etc.

The bottom line is this.....myself and other Fulham supporters have no problems paying money to listen to match commentary, but why does the cost have to be double what everyone else is paying? It makes no sense.

Living in the States, Gentleman Jim's matchday commentary has become a big part of my connection to the club each and every match. Whether it be early Saturday morning or a midweek match, it is wonderful hearing the passion and love Jim has for the club. U

Unfortunately, if the price of this service does not go down, I am many other, who are unwilling to pay this steep price, will not get to listen to Jim.

Thus, I have started this petition in hopes on sending it to Fulham and letting them know how we feel about these absurd prices for listening to match commentary.

Please sign the petition and pass it along to anyone else who has ever or would potentially listen to Fulham matches via the Official Site.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/FulhamTV