Help Information

Discussion in 'College & Amateur Soccer' started by Amazon Dad, Sep 17, 2003.

1. Amazon Dad

Amazon Dad New Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Manaus Brazil
    Gentlemen and Ladies too,
    Excuse my jumping in here, but I am desperate for your help.

I am an american pop living in So. America, sense 1986.
    Baseball was my game back when, so am not keen on this sport.
    How ever my Brazilian adopted son now 17, has lived with the spotted ball sense birth.
    He is considered amoung his Brazilian peers here in Manaus as pro-stuff.

I don't know, but can say when we lived in Peru earlier, a Peruvian pro team there offered him , a contract, school, and living. He being only 15 at the time, I dis-allowed, believing school was more pressing.

My question?;
    Could anyone advise me as to how to go about seeking a contact to some GOOD soccer school there, a scolarship, or such.
    Being here in the Amazon, I do not have great access to info?

Secondly, what is advise, to get the boy a chance in our american system, as he lives, eats, and plays this sport.
    I really can't say, as I know little of the game, but all I can say he consistantly scores more goals than often the whole team during any one game.

I got him an inside pass with the Brazil National team who played Equador here in Manaus the other day.
    He bumped shoulders in the warm-up game with some of the Brazil boys, and they told me to go get him some contacts, as he was real stuff.

So if any of you would take the time to e mail me with some advise, it would be greatly appreciated, and "just perhaps" we jointly could give the boy a chance, his shot, as he has dreamed and trained for all his life.

This has not anything to do with the fact I have raised the boy for the last 12 years, I have just watched his passion develope.

When he was 5 years old, he got himself a job, washing the team jerseys, for a local simi-pro team, so he could learn and participate.
    I watched one full year as he sweated his little butt off, keeping those shirts clean so he could be there in training.

The kid deserves a shot, I just have NO IDEA how to get it for him?
    Thanks, for your time and any help you may wish to give.
    In Manaus, "amazon dad"

2. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    can i ask the name of the peruvian team?

3. Amazon Dad

Amazon Dad New Member

Sep 17, 2003
    Manaus Brazil
    Reply to Moderator

Mr. Mod.,
    Yes the team was in Abancay, in the upper Andes, and I would suppose to be what we might call Inter-national Pro.
    I only remember they played leage city VS city, or such.
    Thanks, Am-dad

4. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    A few things ...

1. Because I suspect it matters, what's his citizenship?

2. Are you talking about him going to college in the US (and playing soccer therein) or going straight to the lower level pro/semi-pro leagues around the country?

3. I saw this linked on another thread. Maybe it's worth checking out.

http://www.infosportinc.com/soccercombines.html

Or maybe there's someone there that can give you some good advice.

4. You might ask about all this at this place too:

http://www.usldiscussions.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi