Help......... How do you beat Brazil??

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by teddles, Dec 16, 2005.

1. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    registering...

2. eu sou eu

eu sou eu New Member

May 3, 2006
    I forgot...
    quoi????? You think we are that bad...what part of Argentina are you from???

3. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    I do not think WE are that bad. I just wanted to see which foolish solutions certain people came up with, or which of the people hate us the most.

4. VATRENI 11

VATRENI 11 New Member

Jun 14, 2004
    Brazil is always going to have my respect, but they can be beat

5. BED-STYPUNDIT

BED-STYPUNDIT New Member

Dec 20, 2005
    Brooklyn/Boston
    Yup, Klansnic and Prso has to go right at the D, and challenge Dida, who isn't World Class anymore. Give them NO SPACE what so ever and be physical with Ronaldino. Yes, he's strength is underrated but you have to be physical and get him out of the flow. The same with Kaka and Ze Roberto. There's nothing dirty about it, that's soccer, or football.

Have players come back to the ball so they won't dominate possession, because they will always have thier possession, they are Brazil, but negate that with slick but smart passing.

It would also help that Roque Junior is in D :D , but if I was Brazil's manager (I think its Parriera, I check if I'm wrong, cause I think I am) I would start Alex from PSV.

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The manager already announced his starting line-up for the game vs. Croatia. It will be:

Dida; Cafu, Lúcio, Juan, Roberto Carlos; Émerson, Zé Roberto, Ronaldinho Gaúcho, Kaká; Ronaldo, Adriano

7. palpatine4363

palpatine4363 Member

Apr 22, 2006
    I've got a feeling Brazil that Brazil will be beaten by France or Italy before the final losing maybe after extra time.

I can see seem having a lot of scoring opportunity, with a ball posession of 66%, but facing a good defense and a goal keeper on a great day.

I can see trezeguet or toni scoring a head against dida on a corner kick ...

A team with a great goal keeper , a good defense and an efficient striker.

8. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You're saying this, you dont think other teams have tried that and failed?

9. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyway - to get back to the thread. Popular wisdom seems to be
    that Brazil are vulnerable to quick counter-attacks on the flanks,
    where Carlos and Cafu will sometimes be missing due to their usual
    runs upfield.

I'm not really convinced by this idea, as I think if Brazil play at
    100% they'll beat anyone, especially late in the WC when they've
    grown in confidence. In Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, and Ronaldo they
    have four players who can change a game in a millisecond. No other
    team has that kind of quality.

Interestingly, if Brasil go out I think it will be early - in the second
    round, before they've got in gear. When Tp was in New York we
    talked about this. Italy-Brazil is a dangerous game for the Brazilians,
    if it happens in the second round. Italian players will be happy to lose
    the final to Brazil (note how many of them have told the press their
    dream is to make the final vs. Brazil--note they don't say *win vs.
    Brazil); but they can't go out in the second round, it's too early after
    the disappointments of the last WC and Euro. Italy wants to prove
    it's second only to Brazil, and in the second round Brazil could be
    susceptible to a shock. Herein lies the key to the World Cup imo. It
    is either Italy-Brazil in the final, or Italy-Brazil in the second round, I
    think, and the timing of that match-up could make a huge difference.
    (N.B.--this prediction only holds if Nesta and Cannavaro stay healthy
    for Italy.)

10. Juanbuix

Juanbuix New Member

May 14, 2006
    USA
    I must agree to your well thought analysis .... as Brazil will "normally" go all the way .. (if they are not collapsed in early round) as more games involved, their great players will start "jelling" in synchronization and "enjoying" the jogabonita !

here are tips to win over Brazil

1- No other choice but ... DEFEND well with 10men and grasp in QUICK COUNTER-ATTACKs (like England and Turkey in last WC02 to score first). Rule of thumb is NEVER let Braxil scoring the 1st goal.

2- Practice well in SET-PIECES (Brazillian defenders are not good in the air) like Zidane of France in WC98!

11. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    definitely agree. quick counter-attacks and physical play are our weakness.

and the 98 final had a deceiving scoreline. the game was a lot closer...france pretty much had those corner kick goals...

12. Rubbernose

Rubbernose New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    I'm not sure I agree with this. You set up camp with 10 men on the edge of the goal box and you're asking for trouble against Brazil. It suits Brazil to have teams drop off and give them time on the ball, and they'll innevitably prise you right open.

I think you need to have the balls to defend higher up the pitch and queeze them and defend from the front back. It's risky, but so is being out there playing Brazil in the first place. I think there is indeed often space in behind their fullbacks to exploit but the key here is getting the ball there very quickly, as well as generally trying to keep the game at a very high tempo, and, perhaps more importantly, WINNING the ball either in that area, or near to it.

The reason there is often space in behind their fullbacks is obviously because their fullbacks love to get forward, but the other point here is you watch Brazil play and whenever a team's attack breaks down more often than not it is their fullbacks which provide the out ball and start their attack, and usually teams are such intimidated girly-girls and have dropped off so much that this is exceptionally easy for them to do, almost elementary to start attacks and get forward.

Cut this rubbish out. Given the right personnel, I believe a 3-4-3 is the way to have a go at Brazil with your two (preferrably extremely quick and fit) wide forwards (and centre forward) working very hard to neutralise their path out. If they can do that to some degree it is beneficial for three reasons; 1) you are far better off starting a counter attack by winning the ball in Brazil's own half, and 2) it forces the likes of Ronaldinho and Kaka to move deeper and away from their own goal to look for the ball, which has gotta be considered good news, and 3) it will likely surprise them and piss them off.

It also lures their fullbacks into trying to work the ball out and move forward to help create options for their tightly marked central midfield - and Brazilian fullbacks are almost guaranteed to be very willing to do this - and this is exactly what you want if you are squeezing them and starting your counter attacks as soon as you lose the ball.

Again, if you've somehow managed to do all this, squeeze and pressurise their midfield when they receive the ball, preferrably deep, and leave little space between more advanced midfield options and your defensive line, who also need to be confident enough to step forward very quickly to shut down anything that gets through (and likely a lot will get through).

And one other point here; give away clever fouls. If Brazil's midfield look set to break through this system anywhere from the half way line to the egde of your defensive third, foul them, and tempt them to punch the free kick towards your box. You're far better off being able to set up and defend a set piece than having Ronaldinho, Kaka, Ronaldo and Adriano bearing down on you on the burst with a joyous glint in their eyes. Bugger that.

And if you do defend higher up the pitch, make sure your keeper isn't afriad to play as a sweeper.

Dangerous, dreamingand FAR easier said than done? Possibly, probably, but I'd far prefer to have a go at Brazil like that and lose than sit deep and resemble a human brick wall playing hoof and hope....and likely lose anyway.

Don't let them defeat you before you even get out on the park, have a crack at the mugs. :D

Yeah. Well they weren't, in '98 at least. France exploited that with ruthless precision. I remember reading that Aimee Jacques pointed this out to Zidane before the kick off, and again at half time, ie, that for the entire tournament Brazil had been very lax in marking up at set pieces. Dunno if they still are, but you can only hope they are, and set pieces are certainly a well proven way for lesser teams to snatch goals even when they are otherwise getting slaghtered.

13. thepichi

thepichi New Member

May 19, 2006
    Toronto
    There is no way any of those team could beat Brazil. Stop dreaming. Brazil will be the champion!!!

14. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Now understand what all u Brazilian Veterans say about Brazilian newbies:D

15. R9magia

R9magia New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    LOL...........I cringe everytime I see a post like that.

16. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Food poisoning

17. Rubbernose

Rubbernose New Member

Dec 6, 2005
    ThePichi's right though, because generally speaking, as we all know, no inferior team ever beats a superior team in football. Ever. It just simply doesn't happen. It's a universal the world over. It doesn't even happen on Playstation, and it's certainly never happened at a World Cup.

I challenge anyone to give me just one example of a super dooper team who were the overwhelming favourites who have EVER lost a game, anywhere on the planet, ever.

The idea of any of those teams even getting a draw against Brazil is just madness.

Forza Brazil!!! Yaaay!!!

18. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    ROFLMAO...

repped.

19. Mordakai

Mordakai New Member

May 12, 2006
    Dont forget that Scotland did a great job trying to contain Brazil in WC 2002. They made 2 slip ups that gave Brazil the go-ahead, but it is possible to hold and even beat Brazil.

20. benni...

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    1. Scotland didnt play Brazil in the 2002 world cup.

2. Scotland wasnt in that world cup at all.

21. R9magia

R9magia New Member

Aug 12, 2005
    Plenty of teams that when into games as overwhelming favorites have lost:

1) WC 2002.....Defending World Champions France 0 x 1 Senegal......South Korea 2 x 1 Italy

2) WC 1950.....Uruguay 2 x 1 Brazil.....USA 1 x 0 England

3) UEFA Champions League 2003/04...Monaco beat Chelsea....Deportivo La Coruña beat Milan and Juventus....Porto beat Manchester United

3) WC 1982.. Overwhelming favorites Brasil only need a draw against Italy and lose.

ETC, ETC, ETC.

22. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

WOW......LMFAO!!!!!!:D :D :D

23. guitarman57

guitarman57 New Member

Apr 20, 2006
  24. Agent Red

Agent Red New Member

May 8, 2006
    Near a pub
    ....with a tank, two cardboard cutouts of Maradonna and a notice in their changing room reading - Carnival this way - Leading to a brothel.

25. Oakland

Oakland New Member

May 26, 2006
    In a House
    How to beat Brazil is EASY just PLAY BETTER