Help......... How do you beat Brazil??

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by teddles, Dec 16, 2005.

1. El_PoToSiNo

El_PoToSiNo Member

Nov 8, 2005
    Ontario, California
    Club:
    San Luis FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I agree!:p

2. zagorje_do_meksika

zagorje_do_meksika New Member

May 4, 2005
    wine cellar
    We had a horrible coach ;)
    This one today has balls to play attacking football and fears no one..

:D :p

3. californya

californya New Member

Jan 5, 2006
    You learn how to samba? or at the very least, cha cha cha

4. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania

it's not the same guy that wasy in EU 2004 ?!!

5. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    WOW !!!!
    Big statement there buddy .
    Cafu hasn't proven himself at MIlan ?!!
    Do you watch any Milan matches at all ?!!
    He's been injured all these months, but he was a regular for the past 2 seasons, and dominating that right side. Don't forget that he's 35 yrs old, and still faster than most 20yr odls. If Ancelotti subs him sometimes , is so he can conserv some energy, he's 35 (can't think of anyother fullbacks at that age). Oh, Serghino is 34 (faster than Cafu). :D

6. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    to answer your question yes i do watch it. Usually at 35 years old and your out for 3 months, it is very hard to play like you did, and if u do get back on form, it will be hard to be consistant. Cafu is an amazing player im not taking it away from him, but it just seems to me he has been slowing down slowly.

7. zagorje_do_meksika

zagorje_do_meksika New Member

May 4, 2005
    wine cellar
    Nope

8. Bernabeu

Bernabeu Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Madrid, España
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I truly admire your love for your country, but try to avoid toxic substances.

9. Bernabeu

Bernabeu Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Madrid, España
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Excuse me... did you say Brazil is very overrated? If the last world champion, the five times world champion, the last confederations cup champion, the permanently #1 team in the FIFA ranking, and a currently full of the best world players team is overrated, I just don't understand what you think could be best than that.

Perfection doesn't exist, but Brazil is the absolute favorite, specially in this very world cup, where most rival teams are in a lower level than ever. Germany, Argentina, France, Italy, England or Holland are far from what they were.

10. Bernabeu

Bernabeu Member

Oct 16, 2004
    Madrid, España
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Yes, very beatable. Who gives them any credit?

Sure.

Impressive.

Amazing.

Sweden 1958.

Interesting remarks, very well sustained your theories.

11. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    well i wouldnt say they are too far from us. of the bunch, i'd say argentina and holland are the closest, but they still have some questions. and i even wonder about italy, regardless of their average form as of late.

12. robii

robii Member

Aug 27, 2005
    usa
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Albania
    good

13. JoeToledo

JoeToledo New Member

Dec 25, 2005
    California, USA
  14. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    you idiots. I didnt even claim brazil had won the world cup in Europe. I clearly said I "think."

Besides. Brzil last won the world cup in Europe in 1958. That's before most of you were born. That's 40 years before they lost 3-0 to France in the finals... that must be one of the most lopsided finals score in decades. And that's probably before that one time brazil has failed to advance from the group stages.

And as i've stated before they have at least had one tie in almost every past several world cups.

Brazil's amazing world cup records? Germany has been to more finals than brazil. Brazil is just a bit better than Italy, Netherlands, or Argentina.

15. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    lopsided final score yes. lopsided game, no. but that happens in football. scoreline usually doesnt say much about the actual game. The argument about never having won in Europe since Sweden is just dumb. I dont get people who bring it up. When was the last time a European team won outside of Europe? Never. Does it matter? No.

brazil last failed to get anywhere in the World Cup was in 66. I'm sure most teams would too if they didnt have Pele.

Most teams get ties or losses in the world cup. What's your point? Even the mighty Brazil gets those...although in 2002, they finished with the best ever World Cup campaign. Brazil's World Cup record is still the best. 60 wins, 13 losses, 14 ties. They have 18 more total points than the next team, Germany.

5 x 3. That's all that matters. I'm sure most German fans have forgotten about the losses...and I have forgotten about 98. Brazil are still playing the best football now. Italy are iffy. Might not get out of their group. Argentina, we've beaten them 3 out of the past 4 times. They need to get healthy, then I will worry about them. Netherlands are good, and I'll give you that. However, that whole side of the bracket is pretty tough. Much harder than Brazil's side.

16. girco

girco New Member

Jul 3, 2005
    São Paulo
    And who can say they haven't had? (Brasil's record in group stages from 1982 on is 16 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. Just for the record)
    Finals Appearances per Country
    Germany: 1954, 1966, 1974, 1982, 1986, 1990, 2002 - total = 7
    Brasil: 1950, 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 1998, 2002 - total = 7 (1950 didn't have a final match per se but Brasil finished 2nd nonetheless)
    Italy: 1934, 1938, 1970, 1982, 1994 - total = 5
    Argentina: 1978, 1986, 1990 - total = 3
    Netherlands: 1974, 1978 - total = 2

And this time you didn't "think", son.

17. Vamp301

Vamp301 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Texas, USA
    i think to many people are deifeying (if thats how you spell it) brazil. yes they are good, damn good. but lets not forget after their really easy bracket they run into a really tough team..... that being a wide range either Italy, Czech, or USA. we can all agree that the brazilian team can beat anyone, but, Italy poses a huge threat..... the czechs are a 50-50 team, could beat them, could not, the US, no one respects them... i dont, but they could beat brazil, could being the key word. brazil is easily a favorite this cup, no #$@. but they are beatable, every team is, and when you hit the 2nd round its win or go home. if i was brazil...... i would be praying the azurri dont get 2nd, and win their bracket... no one, and i dont care what you say, no one wants to play the italians.. just like no one wants to play the brazilians. there are teams that are good, and there are teams that just ooze the tradition of world cup soccer, if italy meets brazil in the 2nd round, it could be for all the marbles.

18. ronaldo2006yes

ronaldo2006yes Red Card

Jan 26, 2006
    Unfortunately for you being "courageous" doesn't win you games. You are professionals too, but they are a higher level. You have two legs too, but they have two super legs. Perhaps if you slap your men in the dressing room enough they will go dizzy enough to actually play good soccer. But still, they will lose.

19. ronaldo2006yes

ronaldo2006yes Red Card

Jan 26, 2006
    THE ONLY WAY TO WIN AGAINST BRAZIL IS THIS:

The night before the game you sneak some 15 gorgeous women past hotel security into the player's rooms. Better yet if they are carrying some booze. Then as they are "doing" the players they slip a dose of Valium into their drinks so they cannot wake up the next day. Make that a double dose of Valium just to make sure.

VOILA!!!

20. ronaldo2006yes

ronaldo2006yes Red Card

Jan 26, 2006
    Because of the blasphemy you just said you are never going to soccer heaven anymore.

21. ronaldo2006yes

ronaldo2006yes Red Card

Jan 26, 2006
    ROFMAO!!

22. ronaldo2006yes

ronaldo2006yes Red Card

Jan 26, 2006

Please tell me where you bought your crack.

23. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    haha. the guy is just trying to flame.

24. junjunforever

junjunforever Member

Feb 18, 2002
    More help for me; According to a korean paper that i read, Pele basically said Brazil is going to win the world cup. Sorry guys.

25. leonidas

leonidas Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    May 25, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    yes i read that. old news. who listens to pele anyways?