Help-about distance covered

Discussion in 'Statistics and Analysis' started by raul830, May 6, 2007.

1. raul830

raul830 New Member

May 3, 2007
    Shanghai
    As I watched Champhion league via ESPN. There's the statistics on player's "distance covered". So where can I get the full image of each player in the game?

2. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I'd also like to know how the statistitians calculate these distances?

3. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess they just a chip similar to nike + ??? Who knows or they are just guessing and have people actually making rough estimates..

4. underh

underh New Member

May 10, 2007
    then where can i get them?

5. raul830

raul830 New Member

May 3, 2007
    Shanghai
    seems not published

6. Cattus

Cattus New Member

Aug 14, 2004
    wallingford
    In the end, isnt this really a useless stat. Not trying to be negative here.

7. sportfriend

sportfriend Member

Jun 24, 2006
    Canada
    every stat is some-what useless...the only ones that REALLY matter are
    W D L :cool:

8. HSEUPASSION

HSEUPASSION New Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Duck, NC
    It's an interesting stat, Rafa Benitez is a big fan if it (judging from his success, I'd say that's a pretty good endorsement). He had some stats showing Peter Crouch covers more ground than Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard, which is an incredible feat.

It shows a players workrate more than anything, something goals don't always show. For instance Emmanuel Adebayor is a harder worker than Ruud van Nistelrooy, but you'd never know it without a stat like this.

9. raul830

raul830 New Member

May 3, 2007
    Shanghai
    W D L is a team stat. it's the individual split.

10. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Actually, from watching Arsenal all the time, that is a stat I'm not surprised about. I am surprised about the Crouch/Gerrard stat.

11. Skizz

Skizz Guest

van Nistelrooy and Adebayor are different types of striker though. Adebayor often acts as a link up player and target man, whereas van Nistelrooy is a 6 yard box player and while he does score outside the box from time to time, the majority of his goals come from in the box. I recall in the whole of his time at Man U he scored one goal outside the box.

12. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Actually, RVN is not supposed to track back too far into his own field. I am surprise with Gerrard and Crouch. Gerrard should be running more. Crouch should be running less since he is the target man. his job is to stay close to the goal.... not running around the field.

13. Midorit

Midorit Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Tokyo
    Doesn't Crouch travel like 15 feet in one step though?