Help a fellow out...

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by dlm_Fire, Nov 22, 2004.

1. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    My girlfriend and I are planning to come to London in January to see the Fulham vs West Brom match on 16/01/05.

Living in Chicago, I don't have a lot of knowledge about the ticketing situation and I was hoping some folks here could give me some advice.

I looked on the Fulham website to see about purchasing tickets, but they are not currently listing tickets for sale for matches in December or January. It doesn't seem like I need to worry that the match will sell out, but I don't want to leave much to chance, this trip is a birthday present for my girlfriend and so I want to know everything is taken care of.

Is it not possible for me to purchase match tickets yet?

Any advice for how to take care of this would be appreciated (also, if anyone can tell me what the "hospitality" that the website talks about entails, that would be good, too).

Thanks for any help/advice you folks can throw my way.

2. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Tickets for this match are not on sale yet but keep checking the official site as they are very good at letting fans know when tickets are on general sale. This match has a better chance of selling out ever since the incidents at West Brom.

Here are a few questions for you:
    1) Where do you want to sit? Home section or Neutral section?
    2) How many do you need? Just 2?
    3) Are you a Fulham fan? (no worries, there is no wrong answer!)

My suggestion to you will be to either sign up for Club FFC membership (20 pounds), which will allow you to buy tickets before anyone else or, wait until general sale

3. therealronaldo7

therealronaldo7 New Member

Apr 14, 2004
    Chicago
    Are you a Fulham fan? I thought I was the only living person in Chicago who supports Fulham.

4. LeeS

LeeS Member

Mar 23, 2002
    San Francisco, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In addition to American Mike's very helpful suggestions, a phone call directly to the club explaining your situation might be helpful as well.
    Several years ago I did so when I was planning a trip to Manchester. They were able to outline excactly what I was to do (join the US fanclub, call person X when arriving in Manchester, pick up tickets at Y window at stadium), plus it was just generally helpful to talk to a person.
    This was in the days before the internet, so I imagine that you could probably do everything on-line, but its another option.

Lee

5. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    We are Fulham fans insofar as we are Bocanegra fans. We don't get to see enough EPL that we necessarily follow one team over the others...we watch what we can get....that said, we have enjoyed the Fulham matches that we have gotten to see.

We need 2 for sure, possibly 2 more....I think home section would likely be better than neutral section.

If I buy a club membership (and at 20 pounds, that is no great hardship) how much earlier does that let me buy tickets before the general public?

6. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    If you buy the FFC membership you get to buy tickets right after the Season Ticket holders (roughly about a week after them) then you are all set to buy up to 4-6 tickets for you and any friends you may have.

Another suggestion to save some dough, is to wait until tickets go on sale to the ST holders and call up the ticket office and play the "American tourist". They bend the rules sometimes if you are an American Fulham fan coming over for a 'soccer' game.

I was just over in October for the Liverpool match so if you have any specific questions regarding Fulham, Craven cottage and such, send over a PM. Its a great stadium with the best fans you can find in London. Who know's you may become one yourself!

7. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Thanks for the tips!

How far in advance of the matchday do things actually go on sale for season ticketholders?

8. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    I believe about a month...so it gives members plenty of time to plan.

9. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    well, I'm another Fulham supporter in Chicago, who similarly is planning a first trip to the Cottage (for the 12/28 match vs. Birmingham), but am currently very frustrated because the ticket website doesn't seem to be working and a call to the club was of no assistance either, as they said they couldn't charge to a foreign credit card, ugh!!!

10. knad110

knad110 New Member

Aug 20, 2004
    Massachusetts
    I charged a total of five tickets to two different credit cards over the phone when I went last year for the Boxing day match.
    If I were you, I would try again - maybe you'll get someone who knows what they are talking about.

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I've worked all the kinks out and now have two tix in the hammy end and am very excited, now I just have to survive finals and then I'm off! Just out of curiosity, they are in row C, for those who've been, is that very good or very bad?

12. mnlandshark

mnlandshark New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    Minneapolis
    It's VERY good if you like to be close to the action. I was in Row E last week and we had balls flying at us throughout the game (mostly because Fulham was pissing away shots, but still)... You will be almost at pitch level due to the field being raised about 2 feet or so. It's a great view. It's a bit hard to get good depth perception downfield, but when the action is in your end, it's hard to beat!

Have a blast! Sing along!

COYW!

13. JohnnyCash

JohnnyCash New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    NOrVA
    I at one point sat in the first row at highbury and my little brother got hit in the face by patrick viera's errant pass...i thought it was pretty funny.

Its pretty amazing to sit that close because you then realize how fast the speed of the game is at the professional level compared to what you're used to playing.

14. dlm_Fire

dlm_Fire Member

Aug 16, 2002
    Chicago
    Have my tickets to the match and almost all the arrangements set....can't wait for the 16th...

Thanks, everyone!

15. 1fulhamfan

1fulhamfan New Member

Feb 10, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    Due the regularity of people asking how to aquire Fulham match tickets, I think it would be a good idea if FulhamUSA had info on how yanks can get tickets.

16. American Mike

American Mike New Member

Jan 21, 2004
    Was NY, Now London
    Its already there in the FAQ section but maybe we'll make a link directly explaining how to obtain tickets. Good idea.

17. adeav7777

adeav7777 Member

Dec 20, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys,

I was looking to go to the Fulham v Newcaslte match on the 12th of Feb. Tickets haven't gone on sale yet to the general public.

Some advice or suggestions:

Do you think this match will sellout quick if I leave it to go on sale to the general public?

Should I pay the £20 to get a headstart on purchasing them??

My friend is coming out here that week (for only a week) and I want to take him to an EPL game. Unfortunatly, thats probably the only match I could have a chance at getting tix for. The following week and weekend is International Friendly week....so no more matches :(

Any advice is great.

18. silentbob

silentbob Member

Aug 17, 2003
    Maryland
    Club:
    DC United
    I'm interested in getting a ticket for the New Year's Day match against Crystal Palace if Charlton-Arsenal is sold out. I went to the ticket purchase page on club web site, and it says that seats in all sections but the Putney End are "exclusively available to home supporters" -- since I'm a neutral, does that mean I can only buy a ticket for the Putney End?