Hello

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by Numquam Moribimur, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Numquam Moribimur

May 30, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hello.......

A Rag here ( I think that's what you guys like to call united fans) .

Anyway ...big day on Saturday ? one would said it's a MASSIVE day for you

Feeling confident or not ?

2. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    A very big day for us yes, I won't use the term massive as I know its a United jibe at us.

Our first trip to Wembley for years and our great fans are planning a party atmosphere, regardless of the result.

As for confidence levels, I felt more confident two weeks ago. The sudden slump and losing Tevez has given me major doubts. But with Silva and De Jong back in the team, after Mancini stupidly left them out against Liverpool, we'll be a lot stronger. Much may depend on Balotelli's performance up front and also how well our full-backs are covered, as they're our weak point with Richards 50/50 on if he will be fit and Kolarov being our worst buy of the season at left-back. He looked like a world beater in snail paced Serie A but looks too slow for the Premier League and it wouldn't surprise me if Zabaleta is thrown in at left-back.

3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    The combination of Dzeko and Balotelli will go a long way towards deciding this match.

Please leave Barry out of the team and use Milner as a marauding, field-swallowing central midfielder like he played as last year and persuaded us to buy him. Lots of quality crosses into the box and Dzeko will be stroking them in for fun.

Confidence? After the last 90,000 injury time losses in a row, a lot of my confidence in derbies has been taken. I still think we can win however, especially if we attack. If we sit back, it will be yours for the taking, you are simply to good on the counter and Hernandez will pick up at least one gap and score.

4. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Stu you took the words right out of my mouth. 2 weeks ago I would have said we would win hands down we were the better side. But now not feeling good at all. Tevez out is a major part of it but Mancini's reluctance to even consider attacking away from Eastlands and the fact that Kolorov is even allowed to suit up on game day let alone play are two reasons I believe right now we will lose 1 or 2 nil. Kolorov has reached the level of Jo in my opinion and should never see the pitch again. Can we win sure if we attack. I would like to see Barry benched and Milner moved to the middle. Adam Johnson is a must start and I wouldn't even mind a SWP sighting for pace. Problem is Mancini will start a defensive team and Nani will abuse Kolorov. As for massive not really its the first of many finals and semi-finals you rag bastards will have to deal with us in so get use to it. But unfortunately I believe Saturday will be yours. Hope I'm wrong though.

5. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're gonna kill you by 5 goals

is that what you want to hear... bored tw@t

6. Delle Alpi

Delle Alpi BigSoccer Supporter

Feb 12, 2006
    San Francisco
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The arrogance of the rags comes through whenever they speak. Anyone familiar with American baseball will get this reference, you truly are the Yankee fans of England.

7. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find great amusement in the way that the Rags (fans and players both) are able to go on and on about how City "aren't really our rivals".
    If it was true, and especially if they believed it, they wouldn't be saying it so often.

8. StuMCFC

StuMCFC Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Manchester
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    And they'd field a second string team tomorrow.

And last year in the Carling Cup, they played fringe players... all the way up until they played lickle City, when it was suddenly all guns blazing. Against their non-rivals. :rolleyes: