Hell yeah, quiet side!

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by NattyBo, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

If I did anything with it. I would have shoved it up your stupid ass :mad: !

2. Bootsy Collins

Bootsy Collins Player of the Year

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey now, don't make fun of my ass. I have a very intelligent ass, I'll have you know. Why, just yesterday I went to the bathroom and did both #1 and #2, thus solving a famous problem by showing proving P and ~P are equivalent.

3. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000
    Get a grip.....

Our confusion is with the smoke, we never have sparks. Most of the smoke happens within 2 or 3 rows of me - while it can be smelly, smoking - it's just for a minute or 2. Not long enough for me to get my panties in a bunch.

Now if this guy had something shooting sparks, etc. - I understand your disdain - not necessarily your vitriol.

Smoke should probably be kept over on our side (or LN).

However, it's pretty cool that someone even did it, though.

4. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

If you need to Mbate, please don't do it during HT. :D

5. rebelzero

rebelzero Member

Jul 5, 2003
    DC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    as someone who sits on the quiet side, I was encouraged to see this display. On the other hand, being directly in the wind dispersion path, one of the members of my group became ill after the smoke bomb. So its a mixed reaction. But I have no objections to seeing more of them on the quiet side in the future.

6. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC

That's not cool. :rolleyes:

No need to start a civil war here. I think "we" all understand where you are coming from... There is no need to paint all of us with the same brush. We certainly could dot he same thing to the family section over there.

7. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Who got sick your mother in law? ;)

8. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

Sounds like you feel better now, and what a big boy you are :D .

9. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

I would never "paint everyone with the same brush". What I said was directed at one person and one person only. A person that was not being very nice... . The family section can be quite boring, but you can see the game. That's what I am there for.

10. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Anyone else find this ironic?

11. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Listen, just simmer down. Are you dead? Do you have third degree burns over three quarters of your body? Did a world war break out because you freaked over a few sparks? No.

I called shenanigans on you, and you called me a drunk. Plus you insulted other people and alluded to putting things where the sun don't shine. That's really nice. Really.

You don't know me, so just sit on your hands on your quiet side, eat your Aramark goodies and keep shtum.

12. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

You think it's me not being nice? I am just responding the the ass lashing I woke up to this morning. I can be very nice, it's just a little tough under these circumstances.

13. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, making a million dollars is nothing to sneeze at. And all because of my intelligent ass.

14. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

You called me a liar when you were not there, you don't know, you just assume you do. I did not insult anyone. Nor, did I call you a drunk. You could not have been sober going off on what I said like you did. I was just irritated when I described what happened. You took the situation a blew it out of proportion in a really nasty way. I would have laughed it off. You don't know me either and I am not the type to stuff my mouth and sit on my hands and keep my mouth shut, that's just not happening.

15. Bootsy Collins

Oct 18, 2004
    Capitol Hill
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course not. During halftime, my ass will be busy solving the Poincaré conjecture.

16. soccerkitty

soccerkitty New Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Northern Va

Bootsy, I know you are smart. I remember something that you did around Christmas that was quite impressive. I don't see you around much, but I don't forget either. You can just be a smart ass, as can I. LOL...:)

17. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    Stop the pissing match or the thread gets closed.

18. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any pictures yet? :D

19. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I'm working on it.

20. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    I even have a photo of the elusive and mysterious BudWeiser.

:D

21. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    I agree with Chico, send him to 135 :) If he burns a flag with it I get to strangle him :D

Other than that quiet side is quiet side (compared to other side, not rest of MLS stadiums :D) and people sit there because of that, so continuation of things like this would be a problem. Same thing if someone from over there came to 135 and sat down to watch. Big stadium, space for all, and all that.

22. roadkit

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, Mike!

23. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wanna say HAPPY EASTER!:D

Oh and HAPPY PASSOVER!

24. GrillMaster

GrillMaster Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn right, Srdan. If the pyro guy was a seat-jumper, DC has got to get that under control. Seat jumping is a principal complaint of many quiet-siders who came in 1996 but haven't been regulars since.

Let's give the VIP royalty their territory -- they've paid for it and they should have exclusive right to it. Turn the seat jumpers over to security. If the problem persists, contact DCU -- they want you to be satisfied customers. I understand that many do not like confrontation, so deal with the problem directly but deal with the individual indirectly (through security and DCU).

Same thing goes for the family sections. No cussing or drinking or other such boorish behavior allowed. Let 'em be. I'm glad there's an area for them.

Hopefully the ticket sellers know which section is which so that those coming for the first time can have what they expect.

For now, there's plenty of space for everyone.

GM

25. roadkit

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You are a jackass.