Heinemann to Columbus

Discussion in 'Charleston Battery' started by Mikey mouse, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Tommy signed with the Columbus Crew today.

Guess we will still be wearing Yellow and Black for 2011!

congrats and good luck Tommy. I know he'll do us proud!

2. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup. Here in NC we were quite pleased to have him even for a little while, and he's definitely ready to do better still.

3. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Mister Obvious

Arsenal
    United States
    May 20, 2006
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    went to the Crew page, just to read what they said about the signing, and except for a few, they are a bunch MLS snobs, who think they are on par with other leagues in the world and lower league players aren't worth there precious roster space. Hope Tommy makes it and doesn't rot away on their reserve's bench.

5. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed with teh mls snob thing. I enjoy watching MLS but it isnt teh EPL by a far stretch But I think Tommy will make it. I He will take some time to adjust but he is only 24 so he has a couple years to break the line up.

Mikey

6. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Wow....if they really think they are on par with the world clubs i want what they are on...lol. I mean MLS is the USL of the world...lol. They must be holding on for a "world cup" player past his prime to join and then they will be on top of the world saying "oh look who we signed. we're awesome now."

I really hope we draw them in the open cup now...lol

7. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Congrats on the Presidency, Mikey ! I know you will carry The Regiment to even greater heights !
    2. Don't hate us because we won your first Challenge Cup. Which, by the way, was a fantastic time.
    3. I'm sure Tommy will fit in with The Massive quite well.
    4. I hope "we" draw "us" in the LHUSOC as well !

8. RevHammerBat

RevHammerBat Member+

Jul 1, 2008
    London
    Club:
    Charleston
    Why would I hate you for that? Obv you haven't read what i've been frustrated about. Just don't understand the bashing of a kid because of the league(s) he has played in.

9. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks Brook

I think Tommy will do well for you. Very hard worker and wears his heart on his sleeve when he plays.

I hope he does well and a few of the nay-sayers then raise and eyebrow.

10. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Clearly you aren't familiar with the constant pessimism of The Crew boards. ;)

The highlights of this guy look pretty solid, I can't wait to see him play in person. I remember him vaguely from our OC match up but he wasn't much of a factor in that game. I hope he can challenge for a 1st team spot, we just got rid of our wildman Lenhart, it's good to know we've added another to take his place out there.

11. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

After a week of Ice, snow and cold here in SC i can understand your pessimism if I had to deal with that all winter, i would have a gloomy outlook as well ;)

the boys were on the tail end of like seven game in 15 days at that OC match in Columbus probably not the best performance for a guy who typicaly gives 110% every match. I think he will be a good fit and Ill be watching him. I dont expect he will make an immediate impact but I could see him being a late sub or coming into his own toward the end of MLS season.

Regardless, I know alot of Yellow and Black fans in charleston (Battery ones!) will be watching him play this year.

12. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What kind of injury does he have? He's missed almost all of preseason training..must be somewhat serious, he's a tough sumbitch, I don't remember him missing much time at all with us.

13. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got an email from him yesterday saying he had his knee scoped and cleaned out and that he started training this week. He should be fine and back at match fitness in a few weeks. He aslo said he was jealous of the weather we are having down here.

14. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah..I watched their Concacaf match against Real Tueday night....they had scraped the snow off the field and there were mountains of it on the sidelines. The plastic domey things over the benches were also all iced up. I forgot it's still February......

15. Brook

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was so cold, Jim... "How cold was it?"... that I couldn't even hold a beer during the match !

16. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where do you sit in the stadium? I actually do look for you on occasion...I usually try to spot a policeman or a CCC thug breaking up any disturbance...I figure that's where you'll be!! :D

OT for Brook: Do you know if Malcolm is still with Toronto or do I have to break in a new kit guy?

17. Brook

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The old Submariner is still in Toronto

18. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hell, I don't think I knew that...I'm an ex-nuke, but I only fixed them, never got to ride one.

19. Brook

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is Royal Navy, so it doesn't count !

20. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tommy played the second half in a Exhibition between New England and Columbus in Chattannoga, TN.

He scored in stoppage time but I found a video of him (goal at about the 3:30 of the video).

Nice composure and he did well with the opportunity. Hopefully it will be the first of more for him

[ame="http://vimeo.com/20726382"]New England v Columbus in Chattanooga on Vimeo[/ame]

21. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FINALLY!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even though he's started off like Lenhart did when he was playing in terms of goal numbers, your OB (old boy) finally got one. Because of ties with Charleston (me being stationed there, etc), I rate him highly still.

22. TheUltra

TheUltra Member

Mar 23, 2008
    2.4 Miles from home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unforzen Caveman Forward laced a great one last night. He's showin' off the skills you were all raving about lately, very good to watch.

23. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good for Tommy!!! Saw the goal on the highlight reel on mlssoccer.com

I don't expect this to be his last

24. longballer

longballer Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kudos to Heinemann! We're still pulling for him here in Raleigh. :D

25. JBG - Bribe Taker

Mar 17, 2000
    Mt. Pleasant, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's such a hard worker...a handful for any defender. Glad he finally got on the scoresheet.