HDNET announces MLS Cup playoff schedule!

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by SnakeEyes, Oct 20, 2004.

1. SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Didn't see it posted anywhere else. Kudos to Mark Cuban once again for his help in bringing MLS to TV and in the best available quality. :)

HDNET KICKS OFF ITS EXCLUSIVE NATIONAL HD MLS CUP PLAYOFF COVERAGE

NEW YORK and DALLAS – HDNet announced its schedule for exclusive national HDTV coverage of the MLS Cup Playoff series, including both Conference Championship matches the weekend of November 5 and 6. HDNet’s coverage begins Friday, October 22 with the first postseason match featuring the Los Angeles Galaxy (No. 2 seed) at the Colorado Rapids (No. 3 seed) at 9:30 p.m. ET, live from Invesco Field in Denver.

On Saturday, October 30, HDNet continues its Conference Semifinal coverage with Game 2 of the Eastern Conference series between the MetroStars (No. 3 seed) and D.C. United (No. 2 seed), who will meet again following Sunday night’s regular season finale in which 15-year-old rookie sensation Freddy Adu had two assists in a heated match between the bitter rivals.

On November 5 and 6, HDNet will wrap up its second season of “MLS on HDNet” with exclusive national high-definition coverage of both the Eastern and Western Conference Championships. A final schedule of matchups and dates will be determined pending the results of the Conference Semifinals.

"For the second consecutive season, MLS fans watching the regular season
    games on HDNet have been treated to an incredible high-definition
    experience, and we are pleased that HDNet will continue to give our league
    the national coverage throughout the MLS Cup Playoffs,” said MLS
    Commissioner Don Garber.

"HDNet will be the only place for soccer fans to watch the exciting live
    action of both Conference Finals in high-def, so we encourage people to call
    their cable or satellite provider today to sign up for HDNet," said Mark
    Cuban, co-founder and president of HDNet. "Watching in HDTV is the best way to see the players up close, follow the movement on the entire field, and feel the playoff energy right from home."

Announcers Glenn Davis and Marcelo Balboa will handle the play-by-play and color commentary for these games, as they have all season for HDNet.

HDNet will also produce a special program, “MLS Behind the Net: 2004 Season in Review,” featuring a behind-the-scenes look at the 2004 season, including interviews with both players and coaches.

The live broadcast schedule is listed below (all times are Eastern). Please
    note that the schedule is subject to change. A complete schedule, including
    encore presentations and additional games as scheduled, is available at
    www.hd.net or at www.MLSnet.com.

The MLS Cup Playoffs on HDNet (subject to change).

Date Game Time (ET)
    Friday, October 22 Los Angeles Galaxy at Colorado Rapids 9:30 p.m.
    Saturday, October 30 MetroStars at D.C. United 7:00 p.m.
    Fri. or Sat., Nov. 5 or 6 Western Conference Championship TBD
    Saturday, November 6 Eastern Conference Championship TBD

2. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am not very hip yet with HD TV. I have Dish, so I would have to make sure I have a HD-enabled television and then the buy the HDTV package from Dish. Is that correct?

3. TrickHog

TrickHog Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, you would have to buy the HDTV package from Dish network, which might involve getting a new dish and receiver (not sure about that with Dish network) and an HDTV-ready tv.

I'm sure their website will tell you all about it.

P.S. I'm getting my HD DVR installed today just in time...Can't wait.

4. Aljarov

Aljarov Member

Sep 14, 2004
    fmnorthamerica.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    HDNet kicks ass. I didnt realise it had anything to do with MArk Cuban? Hats off to him all the same..