Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Kepa has another season to prove his worth.

Andre Onana is keen to join Ziyech at Stamford Bridge.

But Andre who is valued around £27m and has two years left on his current deal, is prepared to stay at the Dutch giants for another season given the uncertainty of the post-Coronavirus transfer market.

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Are you just quoting an article? Quotes would help because I hope you didn't think of these things yourself.

Kepa has more than proved his worth. That narrative is played out and boring.

Onana is going to cost more than 27m.

The "former teammates want to play together again" trick is also the most used in football journalism and also one that rarely ever happens.

3. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I would say that the narrative is very far from decided. The current manager of the club dropped the goalkeeper from the team for 6 games. Clearly the manager was not as happy as you are with the goalkeeper.

You may see it as decided and 'boring', but it is not your decision or mine for that matter. Sources say that Kepa has another season to prove his worth. And if it doesn't work out then the club will look at other options. This is the nature of football.

Dr_Intoxicated repped this.
  4. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sancho complexities. Would Chelsea be more willing to purchase Jadon Sancho this summer if just the agent fees get lowered? Or is it the price BVB are quoting just too freaking high? Chelsea want the asking price reduced some and want the agent fees reduced to perhaps 20% of what they are now. The agent has come back several times with tiny changes - it is not going to happen.

The dream of Sancho and CHO playing together at Chelsea is looking like a very remote possibility right now. Sancho may go to Real Madrid or he may spend another season at BVB.

Enter the German wunderkid Kai Havertz. £70m deal.

5. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Your source is the Daily Star.
    https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-target-andre-onana-would-22160151

6. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Amongst the season ticket holders that watch Kepa live week after week the jury is definitely still out

StamfordBridgeLions repped this.
  7. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lots of yak about Havertz for ~75.

Feels real unlikely to me, but if that happens, we're getting into some serious Football Manager sh*t, the likes of which we haven't seen in a decade or more around here.

The one thing that makes me think its possible, is that it would be very like Roman to do this. The combination of the transfer ban and COVID present a unique situation where we have lots of cash to spend and no one else does. Roman, Marina et al are sharp as it gets, and it makes sense that they'd recognize such an opportunity for the rarity that it is.

We've seen a lot of examples lately of Roman being a thoughtful, compassionate overlord. From his dedication to funding the Women's team, to the staunch refusal to engage in any pay cuts/furloughs/layoffs due to COVID (drawing a sharp contrast to Henry and the Liverpool group in both cases as it happens), he was almost starting to seem like a downright loveable character.

Seeing him go back into full mustache-twirling arch-villain mode by pouncing on a depressed market and bullying everyone around with his cash would feel like a comforting return to normal as much as seeing games being played

8. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #3508 StamfordBridgeLions, Jun 9, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    No, my source was NOT the daily star. In the daily star link you have sent it directly quotes the daily mail. But the Daily Mail was also NOT my source.

It is known fact in the English Football world that Lampard [as was Sarri for that matter] are not entirely happy with the most expensive goalkeeper in the world.

The club are willing to give him another season to prove himself and Kepa may yet still prove himself, no need for you to be so defensive. You're not his agent are you? or his mum?

Furthermore, according to my source, Nothing has changed on Kepa Arrizabalaga and there is no decision to do anything right now and that Chelsea has a lengthy list of possible replacements that they have had two people take a look at – right now don’t expect him to leave but there is a tiny bit of interest in Kepa from another club. My source won't tell me who that other club might be, but there is something in what my source says.

I am just the messenger.

9. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's hard to know the source if you don't share it.

Other pages have a requirement for linked articles only to cut down on waffle-bollocks. I think that it may be a good policy for this one too. That way when we see goal or 90mins or Mail we can instantly ignore it :D

10. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As we are at over 3,500 posts, time for a new thread anyway.

Taking title suggestions that will stand the test of time. The new thread will need to have articles linked so that posters can take a look at the source of the rumor.

I will set up a second thread for unlinked posts. Enter that one at your peril :D

11. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Whatever the title, it has to include something a long the lines of we aren't penny pinchers.

12. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    So we get the boring, mature transfer thread and the speculation thread for the fun stuff? ;)

The engineer in me loves any attempt and rationalizing and segmenting stuff. Let's do it.

The engineer in me will also allow the people with actual creativity to handle the naming :D

13. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Basically these days anything that is not signed off by Matt Law, is all speculative bs anyway, really do not see the need for 2 threads

Law and Ordinary Rumours

14. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    1a Fabrizio Romano 1b Matt Law

15. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So 2 threads then :D

lobomojo repped this.
  16. Kerry Dixon's Boots

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2006
    77 degrees
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    There are some credible people out there for sure. By including a link, it lets us know at least whether the source is remotely credible or easily dismissed.

Writing a random sentence adds nothing so having a junk mail equivalent will help keep things tidy and hopefully make for more interesting informed discussion in the main thread with the hope the junk thread dies a quick death :)

JimWharton and Blueallthru repped this.