Hazard Warning Signs - The Chelsea Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Kerry Dixon's Boots, Jul 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Barca wants Boga supposedly but we still intend to exercise 14 mil euro buy back

https://www.football-italia.net/151411/barcelona-cant-beat-chelsea-boga

my point Brock, of course without knowing anything about the contract with Sass, is why agree to double the buy back rather than simply exercising the lower one now or in the next transfer period or why pay them money to lose the right to a sell on fee??? (unless there is some loophole Sass can use now or?)

2. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Regardless, doesn't it ultimately point to us buying him? He's had a phenomenal season at Sassuolo and has been one of the stand out performers in Serie A. I really like this TBH.

3. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ohh I think we should buy him, at worst if he does not stick we are likely to make a tidy profit. Assuming Will gone we could use 2 more wings to go with the new guy who is a bit of a hybrid attacker/playmaker as Pul could become

4. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I do think we will have an embarrassment of riches (potentially) between Pul, CHO, Boga and Ziyech. Add in Sancho, well then! Including a midfield of Ziyech, RLC (if healthy), Mount, Kante, and Kovacic that's a really good midfield.

The pieces are here, we need to improve in other areas as well, but the pieces are here.

Rman3349 repped this.
  5. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    With Norwich likely going down we should look to target Jamal Lewis as a LB. He’s young with a lot of potential.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Would also take a look at Enock Mwepu from Red Bull Salzburg and Johnathan David from Gent. Both would be good young squad players with room to grow. Neither are sexy buys. But I still think they’d add value along with Jamal Lewis.

Combined they’d probably cost no more than 50 million.

7. Rman3349

Rman3349 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Oct 31, 2006
    Boston
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The vultures are going to really go to work on that team. There are a lot of good promising players there

lobomojo repped this.
  8. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yes to David.

9. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    still think we could do worse than pay Pukki a tidy sum to be a squad 3rd striker, late sub, along with a top younger class striker.
    At worst he could teach our boys about purposeful non-stop movement up front and clinical finishing.

Even this season we reverted a bit back to being too stagnant and stationary in their third like we have for years in the middle of the season, after a promising start in that area though to be fair all are young movers have mainly been crocked the last few months.

10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Would rather have Giroud to be honest for another season.

11. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a fan of Lewis?

12. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No doubt. Cantwell will get snapped up real quick. I hope the manage to keep the team together. I think they can bounce right back up. They torched the championship last time.

13. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, haven't seen enough of him but yes, what I have seen I like. Just acknowledging I really like Jonathan David.

14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough. I think both would be good gets.

You should check out Mwepu. He’s one of Salzburg’s better performers.

Blueallthru repped this.
  15. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Pukki has the quality to be a first line striker for any number of lower Prem/higher tier Championship teams. At his age, I don't think he just wants to sit the bench behind Tammy and presumably Moussa Dembele. I'm sure Giroud doesn't, either, but he came at a time when we had a striker crisis in Morata.

16. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ya never know if you don't ask and offer a tempting salary, I don't want rid of Giroud but I don't expect him to stay, especially with Euro places back on the table after next season again/instead. I do expect and want Bats on to a fresh start elsewhere.

Pukki might want to see some CL and retire or move on after a year or two with some possible silver.

I don't expect we will go after him, but he is constant motion so he can press better than Giroud, who does usually work very hard with what he has got, and would offer something different off bench late as a third striker (one chance clinical finishing and constant movement to open space)

I assume and pray we add a top class in prime striker, unlikely to get 2 more, with Tammy here as well so 3rd spot will likely need to go to a rising youth or tail-end striker content to play less for a better club, could do worse than an experienced poised player. The young Russian looking like he could be that 3rd striker, have not seen him play though.

17. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I'm just not sold on a 29 year old (30 in 3 days) Pukki who was playing through injury just a few weeks ago. Sorry. But I do understand the attraction of that type of player - surely there is an alternative out there. Will we carry three strikers next season? We assume Michy will be gone, but he seems to stick around like a bad smell. Tammy, Dembele, Giroud - is that good enough? I'm not sure it is.

Left back rumors now include Tagliafico (Ajax) and Marc Cucurella (Barca, on loan at Getafe). Along with Telles, as usual.

18. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    If we get Dembele then hell yeah we're good unless he completely ********ing sucks. Given our luck with strikers, I wouldn't rule it out.

We also have to hope Tammy's form maintains. I'm not convinced by him, personally.

19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    LOL! He'll be great - unless he isn't.

Tammy is still quite young. I'd rather his peak be ahead of him than this season. He really needs to get more lethal. No excuses in terms of service. For the next three years he's going to have James, Pulisic, and Ziyech (at a minimum) providing him with quality stuff.

20. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tis a fair assessment. Unless he's a total flop he'll be a great buy and I'm feeling cozy looking at that lineup of stirkers.

I sincerely doubt Giroud will stick around though in any event. Guy could barely get a game ahead of Bats. No way he puts himself through another season like this one. I imagine we'll have to bring in someone as a 3rd string...

21. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Lots of heat around this Gabriel Magalhaes dude from Lille.

Brazilian, CB, 22yo, 30million, who would he replace?

22. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    (zouma)

Rman3349 repped this.
  23. StamfordBridgeLions

Chelsea FC
    Sep 4, 2016
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Coutinho to Chelsea for between £52m and £70m apparently. . . .Lautaro Javier Martínez to decide between Chelsea or Barcelona. Real Madrid putting together a huge package for Haaland. So Real Madrid will be looking to offload a lot of players.

24. Dr_Intoxicated

Dr_Intoxicated Member+

Sep 10, 2002
    London
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Not to sure about Coutinho, who would he replace in the current team, is he a midfielder or front three. Neither is the top priority for an upgrade. I would have goalie and left back at the top of my list.

lobomojo repped this.
  25. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He could be either. He could be a 10 in the 4-2-3-1. It’s not a priority but he’d be a great get at the right price.