have you ever played against a pro?

Discussion in 'Player' started by jdefoe9, Feb 12, 2005.

1. goldenboy7

goldenboy7 Member

Jan 2, 2005
    ive played against a pro he used to be my trainer he played for man utd hes the one who taught me everything i know

2. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    Yeah I know, but the were training us. Sorry, I know I shouldn't have posted here, my bad.

3. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    I don't know but that may be it.

4. sean080888

sean080888 New Member

Mar 14, 2004
    Atlanta, Georgia
    My high school coach used to be a professional and also played for his National team. Upon looking at him, one would be fooled because he is small in stature and just looks boring. Dont let it fool you, hes fast and strong, and his touch, sublime. I have also played against the burly Liberian George Weah. It was last summer in a celebrity soccer game in Stone Mountain, GA. He played sweeper and nothing got passed him. HES A BEAST! Really cool guy though.

5. ruudgullit

ruudgullit Member

Aug 29, 2004
    Peace Up,A-town Down
    When I was in high school we played against Memphis FC at a tournament this team had on it at the time Johnny Walker (New York Metrostars) , Tony Kuhn (Chicago, New England, Miami), Richard Mulrooney (San Jose), Ross Paule (Colorado, MetroStars, Columbus), and Carey Talley (D.C. United, Kansas City). The select team I played for was pretty good, but we got absolutely dismantled...it was the most humiliating defeat I can remember. I still remember Paule(I think) performing 4 quick zig-zagging inside of the foot cuts, alternating feet(the move started just inside the 18) which beat 3 players and then the final cut beat the keeper and he proceeded to casually roll the ball in the goal. It was unreal like the ball was glued to his feet, the thing that most impressed me was the speed the move was executed at(almost a full sprint).

6. ronaldina09

ronaldina09 New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    it was in 2001. they were soo good but being a girl all i could concentrate on was how hot diego was!

7. Rudy R9

Rudy R9 New Member

Aug 12, 2004
    Estadio Azteca
    Did you know i hate liers? Well i do. Personally i do not believe you!

R9 :(

8. dredgfan

dredgfan Member+

MLS
    Nov 5, 2004
    Denver or NOLA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yeah with a few NO Shell SHockers older player and i did play against joe lapira(ND) and Jasey Garey(Maryland) alot. I pretty much agree with that post stating that they are all just regular guys. A few use it as a get by job others invest wiselt and are "Living the Dream" of doing what they love which will give anyone positive karmas.

9. JC_088

JC_088 New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Palmerston North NZ
    I play with a bunch of guys that go to a university near school so i play them alot and a few of the guys 2-3, have played in u-17, u-19, development national teams etc, and what i've noticed is that while they don't do fancy tricks like the ads they do the basics very very well. I though i had good basics but these guys made me look like a beginner. But its good though, it lifts and improves ur game and gives u the chance to get advice from good players to help your game.

10. SoccerPro843

SoccerPro843 Member

Dec 3, 2004
    Austin, Tx
    My coach's dad has played with Pele, Beckenbauer, and Maradona.

11. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    I played against Freddy Adu three years ago. We contained him in the first half but then he unleashed some havoc. He scored 3 goals in a half. Uy.

12. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only pro I ever played against that I know of was Kevin Goldthwaite in Highschool.

13. stevieg987

stevieg987 Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Im young but my old coach had coached players like Beckerman and we practice during the summer and he was down for an metros game and him and an couple of others played pick up ball with my team and an older team.Oh yeah I played in tourney with Beckham, Rooney, Owen and Raul have played in.

14. boneypro

boneypro New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Birmingham
    i played agains the moore brothers who aere at villa. Stephan moore scored about six pas us we lost about 8 - 1. Few of my mates play in league two and confrence.

15. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I played against retired andd current brazilian club players. I also played with like the best freestyler in brazil. :) He was such an arro9gant ahole though. :rolleyes:

16. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Sorry to dig up this thread from the annals of history, but... :)

I heard a great story from my Monday league team. Apparently at some point in the last 10 years or so the guys from my team (same team at the time, just no "me" on it) were playing a team composed entirely of African immigrants. Apparently for some reason there was some sort of tournament, event, or something going on where apparently there were a few national teams in town from Africa.

My team was holding their own, apparently we were up 3-0 at the half. At the half, a bus pulls up, some nation (assumably Liberia)'s national team steps off, talks with the guys casually, the other team disappears into the bus, and off come the players in a few minutes... WITH GEORGE WEAH. Yes, 1995 FIFA World Player of the Year, George Weah...suited up, and played. My team apparently didn't make a big fuss during the game, and played out the rest of the game, losing the game 5-3.

I believe they lodged a complaint after the fact, but damn... if I had been on the team I could have had the chance to play in a game against a FIFA world player of the year!!

17. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    :eek: WOW, WOW, WOW.....speechless...

18. Middle Of The Shed

Middle Of The Shed New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    London
    HAHA I had Kenny Sanson the old Arsenal right back coach me for a few weeks during last years summer but as he was so fat he was pretty easy to nutmeg and go around, so I can say I nutmegged a pro albeit a very slow and fat one :D

19. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Superb! He is a legend!

20. Middle Of The Shed

Middle Of The Shed New Member

Feb 20, 2004
    London

He was a nice bloke.......for an Arsenal fan :D

21. Caesar

Caesar Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Oztraya
    I used to play in our state's semi-pro league. Sounds kinda impressive but to be honest when I played it was a pretty crap standard (better now). However it's the next level below our national professional competition. In the old days (when the pros got paid peanuts in Australia) the lower-profile (i.e. less well-paid) guys played professional football in the National League (which ran during the summer) and signed on as a 'marquee player' with a team in their state league during the winter to make a few extra bucks.

There'd always be a handful pro 'stars' in the league each season, spread over the best teams. They tended to be arrogant SOBs who acted like they were there just to pick up a paycheck and make the rest of us poor semi-pro/unpaid players look good. Obviously they got hacked a bit. :D

22. European16

European16 New Member

May 30, 2004
    Koln
    i did over christmas break when i went for my trials in germany. Fortuna Dusseldorf. My trial was indoors tho but still they are pretty good but i did awsome. :)

23. tscboys

tscboys Member+

Sep 7, 2004
    Tulsa
    The founder of my club team captained Pele while on the New York Cosmos (Keith Eddy's his name)