Have pics been disabled in Politics Forum?

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by GringoTex, Sep 28, 2004.

1. bmurphyfl

bmurphyfl Member

Jun 10, 2000
    VT
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't there some old saying like:

"A shepard who never uses his cane isn't a shepard; just some guy standing a field. And a shepard who beats every sheep regardless of where they are grazing is just being a douche."

Perhaps I have it wrong but I think it goes something like that.

Murf

2. Barbara

Barbara BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

You jest but it really is the reason I reupped this year.

3. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Oh get out you mean this aint the politics forum?

4. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's a good experiment, because it was way, way, waaaaay too common for people to post images rather than discuss.

Except me, of course. Every time I posted an image, it was gold, Jerry! Gold!

PS...we really should get an exception for the "Rummy shakes Saddam's hand" picture. :D

5. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    You always do.
    I'm just glad I was here when it happened. ;) ;)

6. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    This is no Bigsoccer policy. This is a politics forum stop-gap, short-term fix.

In fact, you make the case for the pics being turned off.
    It has become a "rivalries" forum of sorts and that is not what anyone desires. I don't know if you were aware but we have been having some "issues" with the content and behavior of the posters in the forum. Oh, yea, you did know that because you are one of those guys. ;)

I wouldn't call it a points system per se, but in general posters are not racking up the positive points. Let's just focus on the election and if you really need to see the pic, click the link. Pretty simple.

7. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    1-frankly i see no difference in there, except fewer laughs

2-i made no such case

3-im my opinion, almost none of the issues are photo related

8. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    And you see things this way because you are one of the biggest non-constructive posters in the forum. Too much emotion and little fact.

I'd guess you're a great, fun guy. Outside politics you probably have great insight to football, life in general. Try to be civil in politics and you may actually add something of merit. It may not be my place to say this to you, and you probably never had anyone say this to you. I don't know.

I do know that I have been entrusted the political forum and hope you try to see other sides of the issues. It may be "just the internet" but I do take pride in being a part of a quality operation in my small way. I just want everyone to be able to take part and be free of the attacks.

And before you get all bent out of shape, I am a premium paying member just like you.

9. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

my out of shape bending has nothing to do with a premium membership - you can play the sweetheart all day, doesn't change the fact that personal attacks going the other way get ignored - ya know, i used to go in there and provide lengthy, reasoned comments - after enough garbage was thrown my way, i started throwing back... but now you want to get tough - fine, get tough with everybody - i made it perfectly clear i was gonna be an ass after mozilla's hate spew stayed up - i made it perfectly clear i was trying to force a card

so i see things this way because i'm a nuisance eh? i suppose the others who echoed these exact sentiments had a better reason to complain?

so i'm one of the biggest non-constructive posters eh? never mind the guy who PMs fight challenges, never mind the poster who advocates wiping out all ********, never mind the obvious sockpuppets that air any vicious offense they can think of for the sole purpose of disrupting the forum, never mind the dude that calls me a terrorist or a douchebag or a drug addled blahblahblah - gosh i guess i should just start supporting your guy and then i'll be okay huh?

oh, and too much emotion in the politics forum? pure classic, my man - clearly, i'm the only one with that affliction :rolleyes:

this was about pictures plain and simple, yet you have made it personal... OOPS!

10. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    My guy?
    I didn't even vote yet! :rolleyes:
    I'll give you a hint.
    Last election, I voted for the guy who invented the internet.

Pics are off.
    Plain and simple.

This isn't personal.
    This is business. Just because you desire to push the issue, "force a card" that is my business.

This is not 007 stuff, but you obviously now nothing of the real efforts, behind the scenes to make this community better.

11. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

"Hey Bill:

We sure do miss your commentary over on the PoliForum.

Why don't you ever go there any more instead of just posting in your PF?"

12. skipshady

skipshady New Member

Apr 26, 2001
    Orchard St, NYC
    Forgive me if I come off as condescending, but you seem like a guy who could use a week or two away from the Politics forum. Hell, everybody could benefit from a couple of weeks away from the forum every now and then. I know I do.

It's just too easy to get caught up in the bickering and it's not good for the old ticker. Politics forum is like steroids - posting there can be fun and beneficial, but it isn't without its health risks, and you should really cycle your dosage. Use it for 4 weeks, take 2 off. That seems to work for me.

You just need to be aware that the Politics forum is populated by sick, demented people from both ends of the political spectrum. I know sick, demented people - I live in the Lower East Side in NY. And the key to living amongst sick, demented people is (a) having a sense of humor about it, and (b) getting out of the neighborhood every now and then.

13. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't the little testing period over yet?

14. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can we get pictures turned back on sometime soon?

15. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
  16. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Turn the images back on. They had nothing to do with the root cause of problems in the politics forum.

17. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    '

Jesus, now I've seen everything.

Personally though, I'm thinking that "Big Swinging Dick" may not actually be a BigSoccer user name.

Just a guess though.

18. mpruitt

mpruitt Member

Feb 11, 2002
    E. Somerville
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    That's political activism at its finest there isn't it?

19. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    C'mon Bill we see that you signed it. We know you care.

20. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
    Hell, I just signed it.

TURN 'EM BACK ON!!!

We need "caption this" back again. :)

21. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

Haha do you even post on the politics forum?
    Anyways the fact that you had god sign that petition is impressive.

22. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you think I may be angry about somebody using my name, forget it. Raymond Luxury Yacht is who you ought to be worried about.He's a lumberjack.

23. Barbara

Apr 29, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

God? You mean Freddy?

24. persiantiger

persiantiger Guest

no my child. Freddy is just zeus's sex toy. I mean the king of gods. The god who's great posts not only on bigsoccer but now even on that petition thingy are getting deleted. I mean WTF is up with that?
    I, i mean that anonymous god shall keep posting until one of his comments stay....man that petition moderator is a fast cat.

25. jmeissen0

jmeissen0 New Member

Mar 31, 2001
    page 1078

a guy with the the user name "soccerfan"something started a petition...

where the hell is kenn when you need him

i'm laughing so hard it hurts