Rumor: Have I Heard:Dinho's Dead???...

Discussion in 'Players & Legends' started by kingkong1, Nov 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Nobody would dare to express such opinion in BS with the exception of Teso dos Bichos.

Not even the majority of the Argies would take the risk: they'd go for Messi, without much conviction, it's true :D ...

Teso unsuccessfully tries to make Antonia jealous by saying that her biggest rival Flavia is prettier.

And Antonia just yawns :cool: ...

Naughty boy.

2. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    It depends how he performs. If he puts in a legendary performance then he can elevate himself.

At the moment I have him as about the 15th best forward ever, a few more big years could see a push to the top 5.

3. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Precisely.

I go along with that ;).

4. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Don't even bother, Teso has been "dealing with it previously" ever since he was 4.

5. Big Soccer Member

Jan 16, 2008
    Surrey, England
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Flat out disagree. Sorry. You chose a player with an even shorter peak time than Ronaldinho. Therefore, he would have to be way better than him to be better overall. He wasn't way better than Ronaldinho, therefore he wasn't better overall.

Possibly. In 1999 Rivaldo was absolutely awesome. Not sure if he was better than Ronaldinho 05/06 though. I (and most people and experts, even Barca fans) will give it to Ronaldinho. By a whisker though.

Longer peak? Titus Bramble has played at his peak for 7 years now. Much longer than Ronnie's peak, doesn't make him the better player though.

6. JuveFE

JuveFE Member

Apr 20, 2005
    Jersey
    I would agree with teso that rivaldo had a higher peak back in 99.

Not saying that ronnie's season in 04 and 05 when he won wpoty was anything bad but imo rivaldo's was better.

7. Scolari

Scolari New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Ronaldinho was brilliant throughout his entire career till after/during the 2006 WC.

8. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    The whole Brazilian NT lacked brilliancy in 2006.

They simply didn't play.

Cannot throw the whole guilt on the guy's back.

Watch out for Serie A and 2010 South Africa :rolleyes: ...

9. Scolari

Scolari New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Sorry, but are you border line retarded or something?

Where the hell did I say it was his fault? I simply said that he had been brilliant all through his career up until that point.

10. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Fully retarded are you, 'cuz I didn't necessarilly refer to you, but to the mere possibility of your phrase leading to that interpretation - what might very well succeed if I didn't immediately intervene.

Sometimes our own phrases escape from our control and allow new developments that can be surprising even to us.

But now I know you don't display enough brains to understand that.

If you want to be neurotically defensive though (from your post anyone can notice you don't have the least intellectual category to be 'offensive'), f*ck off, man! :mad: ...

11. Scolari

Scolari New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    You really are dumb. Usually when you quote a person, you are responding directly to that person.

You should try and smarten up and realize that. Your post also held no relevance to anything else posted in the thread, and to just about everyone besides yourself, it was directed towards me.

12. Bronaldo

Bronaldo Red Card

Apr 8, 2007
    Canada
    A lot of this board needs to take a course in Logic.

13. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Teso doesnt think zidane is rated anywhere in the top 250 players of all time, so its pointless to argue with someone with that much bias on a player.

from all the games i have watched on the players...
    zidane had a better overall career than ronaldinho, riquelme, and rivaldo. rivaldo had a higher peak than zidane though. And Ronaldinho was NOT ouplayed by riquelme during his prime. Ronaldinho possibly had a similar peak to Zidane's but overall zidane's career better. Riquelme is arguably as technically talented as zidane but has not been as effective over his entire career as him.

14. Perú FC

Perú FC Member+

Nov 16, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Completely agree (with all :D).

15. lionmessi

lionmessi Member

May 27, 2008
    how did zidane have better career than rivaldo? rivaldo has scored more goals, assisted more, both won world cup and were runner ups, both have a champions league and three major league titles(rivaldo also won league titles at brazil, greece. zidane failed to do so playing for smaller clubs in france). zidane has had more fans though

16. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    from about 1997 until zidane's retirement, you can not say rivaldo had the biggest influence on his teams. There was about a two-year period or so where rivaldo reached a higher peak and was deservedly the best player in the world but overall it would go to zidane, and as i mentioned in another thread it is pointless using stats as the main discussion point with players like zidane, pirlo, xavi....they did so much more for their teams that you will never find on stat sheets.

17. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Back to school: you know nothing about 'quoting' :eek: ...

In a Forum (specially a virtual one) there are no 'persons', but ideas.

I don't care about your stupid flesh-and-bones existence but the 'ideas' that I imagined once in a while would pervade your impalpable brains.

And you think here that you are a 'person'!...

Try to be one in real life ;) .

You're no more than a few million dots in PC screen.

Besides, there was nothing in my post for 'a bunch of illiterate million dots on a PC screen' like you to be so ridiculously offended.

You simply got mad because from the beginning I showed (correction: you yourself showed) that your hatred towards Dinho was mostly caused by his statement that at that time Barcelona was better than your Chelsea.

And you couldn't admit it was.

Read my 'offensive' post again:
    So, go scramble eggs...

18. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's a fair statement.

19. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree.

20. Alex_1

Alex_1 Member

Mar 29, 2002
    Zürich
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
    Mod Note: Let's play nice.

21. Kulspruta

Kulspruta New Member

Jul 26, 2007
    BH, Brazil
    Club:
    Cruzeiro Belo Horizonte
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Still, the differences between Rivaldo's and Zidane's career are few, and it's beyond me how the heck people rate Zidane as one of the best players in the history of the game while Rivaldo's name won't even appear in these lists. In my humble opinion, both of them should be ranked somewhere between 20th and 30th best all-timer. One thing I do know though, is that I haven't seen a player score as many beautiful goals as Rivaldo did since Maradona. Not even Ronaldo, Romario, Zidane, Henry, Bergkamp, or Ronaldinho come close.

22. kingkong1

kingkong1 New Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Rio, Brazil
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Agree.
    Yup.

He's one at the most one of the 3 best in the last 15-20 years.
    And in their positions.
    In terms of quantity of beautiful goals, that might be true, in terms of the quality itself of the goals that's quite debatable, specially if we're dealing with Ronaldo, Romário, Zidane, Dinho.

23. Tribune

Tribune Member

Jun 18, 2006
    Rivaldo was really poor at public relations. Plain and simple. Plus, you have to consider that Zidane benefited enormously from RM public relations machine under Florentino Perez.
    It was Marca who started the stupidity with Zidane on par with Pele, Maradona, Di Stefano and Cruyff and it was the RM flavor which somehow polished Zidane to appear more flawless than a Michelangelo sculpture.
    I'm pretty sure that without joining Madrid, Zidane would have never been considered for top 10 all-time - not even close, actually..

24. Scolari

Scolari New Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Oh man....now you're assuming I hate Ronaldinho. Are you going to continue assuming what the ******** I have said and what I haven't?

You're nothing but a troll.

Oh, and congratulations, you're the first person to be put onto my ignore list.

So, "go scramble eggs". :rolleyes:

25. phil80

phil80 Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Agree, and zidane should NOT be included in the top 10 all time...top 25-yes

Also, world cup 2006 brought out more of those comparisons, before then, it was hardly discussed that he should be in the same breath as maradona, cruyff, pele