Hattrick Supporter

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Brunsen, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am serious about purchasing hattrick supporter but want current subscriber feedback first. Besides being able to create your own team badge (primary impetus), are there any additional features of supporter that would justify the premium?

Does anyone know of a reliable freeware program I can use to create/modify a team badge? Many thanks.

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can join federations, that allow you to get more help on things in the game. Depending on the fed you join, you can get a lot of help. There are feds for all the different styles of training, so if you want to train one thing over another, then it's a good idea if you wanna get help on it. A lot of it is just being able to have more fun with the game over anything else.

On a team badge, there are plenty of people around hattrick that can make a logo for you, all that they will ask of you in return is that you use one of your 5 supporter slots on them. If you wanna make it yourself, I really don't know what you could use.

3. Lone Star

Lone Star Member

Aug 21, 1999
    Pizza Hut Park
    Supporter comes with a ton of little perks. Besides the joining or creating Feds part, you also get a guestbook, can issue press releases, send newsletters to your supporters, have access to gobs of trivial statistical data on your own team as well as thousands of others, get nifty little messages at the bottom of the screen letting you know when you get email or a bid on a player, etc.

I know I'm missing a lot of things, but if you're seriously thinking of getting supporter it'd be worth the money.

ETA: Bookmarks! How could I forget those. Man do they come in handy when you're bidding on players.........

4. Deuteriumoxide

May 27, 2003
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    I could just rattle of the benefits but that probably won't mean much to you. I list my favorites and why.

Having a logo you know about. Nice feature.

Bookmarks. Very handy. Keep track of players you might bid on, teams you want to track. Excellent feature.

Press announcements. My favorite supporter feature. Get your digs on your opponents. Announce promotions. Check the Hugo's baby saga for some other things that can be done with press announcements (scouser tommies FC, team ID 8344)

Guestbook. Another way for supporters to communicate. Can be entertaining or annoying.

Match kits. You can change the colors or your match kits. For anyone sick of seeing the green togs, this is a huge plus.

Supporter stats. A whole slew of stats available only to supporters. Very nice.

Naming your supporters group. Um, yeah. Kinda cool, but not really.

Blocking challenges. If all those people challenging you gets annoying, you can block them with supporter.

Federations. Awesome.

Conference sig. supporter lets you have a signature on the conferences.

Supporter. You can choose to support up to 5 teams. Like bookmarks but informs you when those teams make press announcements and when they log on.

I think I got them all. I know this. It is well worth the price.

6. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Whom would you recommend for the logo/team badge?

Which federation? Are there limitations on becoming a member of a federation?

As soon as the ladyship is aware, I am a member….

7. Craig P

Craig P BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 26, 1999
    Eastern MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're allowed three federations slots, and a federation must have at least five members to persist. Those are the only global limitations, individual federations may set restrictions on membership.

8. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    one guy for logos, that many people use, is Los Guys, I don't know his team ID off the top of my head, but he does a lot of logos for people, just send him a ht-mail with what you want and he can make it for you.

Some suggestions for feds are feds for whatever you are training, then possilby a fed for the area you live in. There are tons of good feds to join. New Kids on the Block is another good one.

9. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I recommend BS's own quamle for your logo! And certainly recommend supporter....for Federations, def join the one for your training type...I get a lot from the scoring trainers fed.

10. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    thanks, i will pm quamle...

11. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    btw- i am now a supporter...

thanks for your helps guys... besides the bbs, does bigsoccer have a federation?

12. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    Nope. We thought it would be better to keep it here. Having a fed on Hattrick would exclude some of us since you have to have supporter.

13. John_Harkes_6

John_Harkes_6 New Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Baltimore, MD.
    How did you pay? I have tried to buy supporter over the last two weeks and it keeps kicking my credit card. I contacted them and they said they were having a problem with their vendor. If you used a credit card - which kind?

14. djwalker

djwalker BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2000
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It did the same thing to me, so I went ahead and used paypal, since I already have an account with them linked straight to checking.

15. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'm having trouble renewing supporter myself, tried twice today and it rejects my card. I've got 3 days to renew...

16. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    my debit card-mastercard

17. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I used Visa, but that was during the summer, it seems like it's a problem on their end somehow.

18. KDdidit

KDdidit Member

Apr 15, 2001
    The Brookfield Zoo
    From

19. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    was able to renew my supporter today using standard mastercard...

20. Brunsen

Brunsen Member

Feb 16, 2004
    In a far off land
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1844 Tote Kaninchen (8206)

check my team out and let me know what you think???

Thanks to all who have helped me reach this defining moment in my young life….

21. bigbrooklynlou

bigbrooklynlou New Member

Oct 7, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Brunsen, what country?

22. Helghallen

Helghallen Member
    Staff Member

Apr 16, 2003
    Raymore, MO
    He is in USA.

Go to USA-->search-->team name