Hashemian a fixed player for Bochum?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by Iranian-Striker, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
  2. VanDijk

VanDijk New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Ludwigshafen,Germany
    I just checked VfL Bochum's website (http://www.vfl-bochum.de). According to them, Bochum will play with Christiansen, Buckley and Freier up front. At least for now, Hashemian looks to be a substitute striker for Christiansen. However, he doesn't seem to be far off from a place in the starting line-up as he saw playing time in almost all of Bochum's pre-season test matches and had a good spell last season with 8 goals.

3. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    In a club like Bochum he'll surely see a decent amount of playing time, but others will start.

4. Kambiz_BAHAL

Kambiz_BAHAL New Member

no.. he wont start in first 3 matches, because he is BANNED FROM THEM, because he threw a ball at the ref in pre-season matches... i think he will start once his ban is over... he is very talented player

5. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Olaf, other than Bochum, who are your favorites to go down?

6. olafgb

olafgb New Member

Jun 6, 2001
    Germany
    Bielefeld and Bochum are teams that might be relegated quite early - at least these are the two with the lowest quality by far, but you'll never know what happens if they get a lucky run.
    The third team is much more difficult. I think that Hannover will stay in quite smoothly. Nürnberg also got quite good possibilities, but they need a good start as they are having the easy opponents first. Rostock seems very strong for me - but whenever I thought they'll have a good season they proved me wrong (and vice versa). Cottbus has their best squad since belonging to the Bundesliga. Gladbach might have problems with scoring after top striker Arie van Lent is out for the rest of the year; lots will depend on his replacement: if they invest enough to get Bobic, then they'll stay in, with Marschall I'd see lots of problems. All others shouldn't have problems, but usually there's always one surprise struggling a lot.
    So, my third pick is Cottbus with Nürnberg and Gladbach trembling until the end.

7. Iranian-Striker

Iranian-Striker New Member

Aug 7, 2001
    Yikes! Anyway, I just hope Vahid gets spotted by another club and they pick him up. Just like what happened with Mahdavikia...

8. VanDijk

VanDijk New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Ludwigshafen,Germany
    Actually, that ban only applied to the three following test matches (the only ones he missed during the pre-season). So he is available to play this Saturday.