Has Mustafi been worth the Arsenal money after getting ripped by Carragher?

Discussion in 'Headlines - Hot off the Press!' started by Iomie Stanley, Apr 23, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Iomie Stanley

Iomie Stanley New Member

Newcastle United
    Brazil
    Feb 23, 2019
    Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher has claimed that Arsenal defender Shkodran Mustafi has ‘been a mess since he joined’ the Premier League club.

Germany international Mustafi, 27, produced a woeful performance in Sunday’s shock defeat to Crystal Palace and was at fault for two of the three goals Arsenal conceded, as once again he looked out-of-place in an Arsenal side that is starting to look like a side capable of getting back to the very top of the game.

Analysing the match on Monday Night Football, Carragher said: ‘It was a massive surprise with Arsenal’s home record.

‘I think it’s a killer blow for Arsenal in terms of top four in the Premier League. Obviously they have another chance in the Europa League as well.

‘I wasn’t surprised by this [Mustafi] – he’s been a mess since he joined the club really and this is another example of it. He’s at fault for the second goal as well.

‘[Unai] Emery made changes and I can totally understand it. Something has to give in the squad. In terms of the firepower in the team you still expected them to win.

‘I think it’s a massive blow for Arsenal’s top-four chances.’

Arsenal will need to spend in the summer window to improve the back-line, but could Emery get rid of Mustafi and replace him with a player that will be able to deal with all the top strikers in Europ?

Article found