Has MCS Considered Attending the TFC-LAG Match in March?

Discussion in 'Detroit' started by RedRover, Jan 5, 2012.

1. RedRover

RedRover BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I haven't seen it anywhere else, but I was wondering if anyone from the Motor City Supporters considered the idea of taking a busload or two of MCS members to Toronto on March 7 to attend the first leg of the CONCACAF Champions League quarterfinal between Toronto FC and the LA Galaxy that will take place at the Rogers Centre (formerly the SkyDome).

With two MLS sides competing in this leg of the tournament and organizers using the larger downtown venue to attract a huge crowd, it would be a great opprotunity for MCS to take advantage of occupying a block of seats in order to get the message out about Detroit as a worthy location for an MLS team.

Tickets prices for the match should be out shortly. And with the very real possibility of David Beckham returning for another season with the Galaxy, they might get snapped up quickly.

2. pasoccerdave

pasoccerdave Member

Mar 30, 2004
    SE Michigan
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting idea.

3. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    that is a really good idea for you up there to do!

4. LyotoM

LyotoM Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    as long as they dont support teh evildoers.

5. SJJ

SJJ Member

Sep 20, 1999
    Royal Oak, MI, USA
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Has MCS or the Bucks *EVER* ran a bus trip? I've participated in quite a few with some hockey fan clubs that I belonged to (but never actively done the organizing), and before you try an international trip, try to get at least one domestic trip in. If you go internat, you open yourselves for potentially a much harder trip than domestic. Rule One: double-check (triple-check, quadruple-check) EVERYONE'S id's *BEFORE* you get on the bus. Do not have one parent ride with a child; either have both parents, or they don't go. (Border patrol looks at this very closely now; police even question this if you are only going over STATE lines.) I've had trips where everyone on the bus had to get off to individually get questioned inside the guard station. (The guard gruffly asked me how many people were in my car. I had to very carefully explain to him that I was on a bus with 25 to 30 people.) Ah....those were the days....

And if anyone, anyone, anyone even thinks of taking drugs over the border (either direction), you have my complete permission to give them a first-class De-troit-Beat-Down.

But, anyway, it's a good idea, but start on the small side. And, honestly, someone with experience in this should be the organizer. (Sorry for being heavy-handed on this post; just giving you da' rules.)

6. Aztattooedsean777

Aztattooedsean777 Tattooed Football Fanatic

Liverpool FC
    Netherlands
    Feb 15, 2009
    Chandler, Arizona
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  7. SYoshonis

SYoshonis Member+

Jun 8, 2000
    Lafayette, Louisiana
    Club:
    Michigan Bucks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How? Which state lines are guarded even slightly?

8. Luis_Rancagua

Luis_Rancagua Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Tickets go on sale this Friday (January 13) at 11AM. The prices are real cheap and reasonable. TFC have placed 70% of their ticket prices at about $30 (Canadian currency). Hey!!!! Not bad.

In order to buy your ticket, you could call TicketMaster Canada @ 1-855-985-5000 and order them by phone. You could also buy them on-line through TicketMaster's website.

9. Luis_Rancagua

Luis_Rancagua Member

Apr 16, 2000
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/2012/01/10/rowaan_blog/

Wow!!!! I think we are going to pull it through. Tickets sales for the March 7 CONCACAF Champions League quarter-final between TFC and the LA Galaxy @ the Rogers Center is now the hottest ticket in town. Several sections have sold-out within less than 24 hours, even before tickets go on sale to the general public this Friday.