Has Bill Archer finally gone mad?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by LoveFifa, Aug 2, 2002.

1. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I was also a Match Night refugee, and I remember a few other regulars on here that seem to have made the transition, showing up here at BS like a boatload of Cuban nationals. Dwight Burgess used to post there, as did Timon. Perhaps I should have added a 19, the way he did.

Can't say I remember a lot about that site, apart from some utterly ridiculous/hilarious threads. I was youner then, and as such, made no effort to be rational or scientific about anything. Come to think of it, that seemed appropriate, on MN.

2. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Remember Janus Magnusson, anyone?

crewfan_in_columbus repped this.
  3. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    HHAHAAHAHAAHAAAA!!!!!

I wonder what ever happened to that troll....

4. B-M-T

B-M-T Member

Jun 23, 2001
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Looks like Matchnight.com was first registered on: 07-11-2001 Registrant: C. Lee Smith

I was a little surprised to see the Aimer reference, wasn't it back in 2005 when she went all Hollywood?

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ...as far as I know, no one ever found out who the guy was. He also had an alter-ego, Janus.Magnusson who supposedly liked soccer. I have vague memories of a thread asking if it was the same guy from World's Strongest Man...he denied that it was, but it was still a funny thread.

Now, as far as the original troll, farpost, some people claim they know who that was.

6. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    What ever happened to SoccerAndy5? Did he get his medication?

7. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn't he make an appearance here a couple of years ago? It was under another name since SoccerAndy5 was red carded, but he freely admitted who he was and wanted to make nice.

Everybody told him to piss off.

Worst douchenozzle in history. I can't remember whether he had been a poster here before the famous Aimer**** sign that appeared at MLS Cup.

And wasn't there a guy named Pumbaa on MN? What was the deal there?

8. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bill Archer repped this.
  9. mateo319

mateo319 Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought he was around here for a while. I know I saw him in person before I left Columbus.

At least he lives on as the inspiration for Timon's user name.

10. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
  11. DAFCrew

DAFCrew Member+

Feb 27, 2007
    Terre Haute, Indiana
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Was Crewfighter also a Matchnight refugee? I'm almost ashamed of how poorly I have retained some of these extremely-trivial things.

12. crewfan_in_columbus

Feb 25, 2001
    Columbus is home
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Did most people have the same handle on Matchnight as on BS? I know mine changed.

13. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is first class work, even for a stupidface.

It dawns on me that someone who didn't know who SA5 was wouldn't get the "stupidface" reference either.

( I've said many times that to really understand BigSoccer culture you need to have a firm grounding in Michael Mejido 101.)

Or, as Segroves once called him before morphing into his screen alias (he has posted on the Crew forum in the last 2 weeks) "SoccerHumpingMyPillowWhileScreamingAimer5"

(Michael was once one of the few people who used their own names on BS; Loney, Mike Lastort, Chris Bailey, a couple of others but it's a short list but some whack job took his abuse seriously, did some internet work, found his wife and mother, started harassing them, got really ugly. I ould have tracked the guy down and killed him and it's a testimony to his sanity that all he did was change his name to an alias.)

I think the rules still disallow linking into the Rivalries forum, which is a pity. Andy ventured in there a time or two but in a place with quite literally no rules at all the man was simply destroyed.

Watching someone get trashed by, in succession, Segroves, Loney, Bailey and others (modesty forbids) was almost as funny as his attempts to reply, in turn, to everyone and everything.

Classic.

(I wish I could find a link to Mejido's old "Hate DC" website. Funniest shit ever. The badly photoshopped photo of Bruce Arena at a NAMBLA demonstration holding a sign saying "Support the right of men and boys to love each other" can still send me off the cliff.

But it goes along with the fact that if you don't hate DC United with every ounce of your soul then you're just not a Crew fan. See my entry in the official Crew website "What team is our rival and why" contest from 2005 or so for reference. (I won second place IIRC correctly, but no less an authority than Sirk wrote that it was the greatest piece of Crew poetry ever written. Which might have been true once but he himself has beaten it many times. Well, except for sheer hate and bile. I do hate and bile much better then he does.)

14. electrickeeper

electrickeeper The Ginger Pele
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Oct 14, 2002
    The Cheese Room
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. DrunkandDisorderly

Mar 17, 2008
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    http://web.archive.org/web/20060527013553/http://www.dcunitedsucks.com/

Enjoy!

Minnman and MLSinCleveland repped this.
  16. Sirk

Sirk Member+

Apr 25, 1999
    Cleveland, OH
    Bill's response to my January 2002 column asking whether D.C. or Chicago was the greater of two malignant evils...

17. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, Bill. But all I had to do was a quick search on posts with SoccerAndy5 in them, and then click on a few of them.

Oh -- Segroves is back?

18. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But enough about their fans.

19. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    AFAIK:
    Andy was never banned.
    Segroves has been back for a while.

As far as Mejido? I think a lot of us wish he would come back, but it's understandable why he's been MIA for so long.

21. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pumbaa is a front row Nordeckian if it is who I am led to believe it is.

22. cam5fc

cam5fc Member+

Sep 23, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of course. HHM was a mod and KCBus is now one. That qualifies, right? :p Further down the spiral would be me, but I still have enough sanity to not even offer services.

23. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I changed mine. I read both for a long time before Matchnight ended, but only posted on Matchnight (it was my first and there were fewer posts, I didn't have the time to keep up with post-game threads on BS back then - not sure if I spend more time now or if there aren't as many posts anymore).

24. west ham sandwich

Feb 26, 2007
    C-bus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think so, but could be wrong.
    I always wondered what happened to BetweenThePipes from Matchnight.

25. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States