Has anyone read: The "Match of the Day" Guide to the 2006 World Cup

Discussion in 'FIFA and Tournaments' started by Ladic, Apr 17, 2006.

1. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    I flicked through it. It's OK for the price, pretty comprehensive. World Soccer's companion is out next month.

2. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Dont those come out every month? there are 3, I already got all 3 from world soccer.
    Or is there a new one????

3. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    They have a special preview issue in addition to those smaller guides.

4. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Cool, thanks for info.

DO you know of any other good Magazine with previews of every team?

I know of 2, this one posted here, and he special issue of Don Balon.

5. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    The Official FIFA Magazine is out. It has previews of every team (though they're not very good) and interviews with Beckham, Raul, Beckenbauer, Lineker, as well as a little bit about the tournament history. It's OK, not great.

I would imagine that Kicker, Fanatik etc will all have preview magazines in their own languages.

Scaryice, thanks. Yep, the fourth World Soccer preview arrived last week, but in there they say that there will be a special edition coming out next month. I had the one they did for WC 2002 and it was pretty good.

6. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    Wasnt it the third proview that came with the world soccer? or is there a fourth?

And about the special edition of World Soccer coming out next month, does it come Bundled with the Magazine (like the previews that just came out), or is it sold separatly?

7. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    The third was the one that came with the Brazil cover. The fourth one is with the new edition, on the possible summer transfers.

The special edition is an issue in its own right and will be separate from the magazine.

8. Ladic

Ladic Member

Jul 19, 2005
    Guayaquil
    on the WS website it says the may issue for WS doesnt come out until april 23? :confused:

9. Tony Meola

Tony Meola New Member

Apr 19, 2006
    Don't buy it i was very disappointed with it

10. Timbers_Roberto

Timbers_Roberto New Member

Jul 27, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    I plan on giving it a look but will probably go with World Soccer's companion. They do a nice job.

11. comme

comme Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 21, 2003
    If you subscribe then they send you the magazine in advance of the normal date of publication.