Has anyone had their tickets re-sold through FIFA's portal?

Discussion in 'WC 2014 Travel and Tickets' started by sockaplayr, Apr 28, 2014.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    We're thinking of putting my son's US v Portugal PMA tickets up for resale but when I go to the resale page and attempt to do that after accepting the resale conditions at the bottom of the page it says there are no tickets in his account (despite the fact that his ticketing page shows a successful application for that game). Has anyone else encountered this problem with resales?

2. Jimbo

Jimbo Member

Dec 17, 1999
    Washington, DC
    Now instead of saying there are no tickets to resell (which is what the ticket page said last week) the FIFA page is showing the tickets as having been printed so the easy resale option is out.

3. charles_316

charles_316 New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I just posted my extra tickets for re-sale through FIFA. I notice some of the games I am selling tickets for still say "no availability" and are blacked out for some reason even though my tickets haven't been sold yet...

4. Papa Burgundy

Papa Burgundy Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Dirty Jerz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    once you've sold tickets in the portal, and it shows "refund pending," how long does it take for fifa to remove games from your list so you can apply to get tickets for other games?

5. Daniel Knickelbein

Feb 24, 2014
    I dont think anybody knows because no one has gotten a refund yet- even the people whose tickets "sold" right on April 15.

6. El_Bulla

El_Bulla Member

Jan 21, 2007
    #31 El_Bulla, May 6, 2014
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    The Beh repped this.
  7. charles_316

charles_316 New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I have no idea why my tickets for resale remain unsold when my ticket categories show up as unavailable/sold out! This doesn't make sense...

8. MFKS78

MFKS78 Member

Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle Jets
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Probably because whatever match you wish to resell FIFA still have inventory to sell themselves. They may even be holding this back to release in the next few weeks at their discretion.

Until they have sold all of theirs your ticket won't get listed for sale at all.

There is no guarantee they will even sell your ticket.

If you are sitting on Ivory Coast v Greece or Bosnia V Iran or any other game they have heaps of you may as well now try and sell for whatever price you can get NOW as they will never sell out at these games.

Double your options and list it on here for sale and if you get a buyer here pull it from FIFAs website

9. Kumaran S

Kumaran S New Member

May 6, 2014
    I was frustrated by this for a very long time too. You need to keep in mind that the tickets aren't listed immediately for some reason. I listed a single ticket almost 2 weeks ago and then two other tickets for the very same match a week later. Even though all 3 cats were black for this match, my tickets still remained unsold. In fact just a few days ago, I finally saw some become available and the single ticket sold. When the remaining newly available tickets all sold out and the cats went back to black, my other 2 tickets still remained unsold - making me think they just haven't listed them yet. Be patient and give it a few weeks is my recommendation.

10. charles_316

charles_316 New Member

Mar 18, 2014
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Oh man, that is really frustrating! I have listed my extra tickets on here already.

I may pull them next week and then get someone in Brazil to help me pick up the tickets so that I have the physical tickets here to sell.

11. REV IT UP

REV IT UP Member

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jul 12, 2004
    San Francisco
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I take it that if the status is REFUND PENDING, then they have sold successfully resold the ticket, and now just waiting for some machine to do the actual refund witin 30 days?

I'm pretty darn sure the ticket resold, since as soon as I put it up, I checked the availability of the match which was all black to Low Availablity in Cat 1, then a few days later went back to all black and my refund pending.

12. bitjohn

bitjohn New Member

May 14, 2014
    Anyone knows how to return the extra tickets back to FIFA by post for resell? The FAQ said ticket purchaser can send the ticket via courier to FTC office in Manchester or RIO, but not leaving any address, anyone has any idea on this?

13. alan cragg

alan cragg Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bitjohn ,

here is your answer, its hidden in the back pages of the the FIFA site ( as they clearly dont want your tickets back) I had to ring Switzerland twice to eventually get an answer, you can have it from me for free LOL.
    If you wish to return Tickets by courier in order to submit them for resale, please note:
    · Tickets must be received by the FTC at least 7 days prior to the match;
    · All costs in relation to the return of the Tickets by courier are to be borne by the Main Applicant
    · The Main Applicant will be solely liable for any undelivered or lost Tickets;
    · The Main Applicant must complete any documents as required.

Please also ensure that you obtain proof of postage detailing:

- the date and time of postage
    - the senders name, address, and ID information
    - the recipient’s name, address
    - the contents of the package (including match, category, quantity and name on Ticket (s))
    For residents of Brazil, the Tickets should be sent to:
    Centro de Ingressos da FIFA (FTC) com operação da MATCH Services AG
    Av. Salvador Allende no 6555, Rio Centro – Pavilhão 1,
    Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro – RJ, Brasil,
    CEP 22783-127 (Rio Centro)

For residents outside of Brazil, the Tickets should be sent to:
    Transfer and Resale Team
    FIFA Ticketing Centre
    Cheadle Royal Business Park
    Cheadle
    SK8 3SA
    England

Furnaccio repped this.
  14. alan cragg

alan cragg Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Refund pending means your tickets have been sold, as to when you will get your refund is anybodys guess, but probably post the world cup

It is less 10%, and if you bought them in £s you have probably lost more with the exchange rate having gone south.

If of course you dont sell via the platform as the games approach you can get them back again and use them/offload them yourself

15. bitjohn

bitjohn New Member

May 14, 2014
    alan cragg,thanks so much for the info.
    Have you tried to send back ticket for resell? Any form need to be filled up before I send tickets back? I am not sure if they will proceed the ticket for resell as soon as they got the package, just be afraid that my tickets will "disappear" once I send out.

16. alan cragg

alan cragg Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bitjohn.

I enclosed a covering letter with the info requested about the tickets, quantity , name(s) category, match. together with my email and contact details.Photocopy the tickets

Send it special delivery with tracking. From the UK it was £6 (10$) and was there the next day.

What happens next is anyones guess

17. bitjohn

bitjohn New Member

May 14, 2014
    Alan, I think you should check your FIFA account to see when will your tickets be under the status of being resold.

I am considering to do so. Keep me posted if you have any update on your ticket pls.

18. alan cragg

alan cragg Member

Nov 9, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Bitjohn,

I am aware of 4 lots of tickets which were put up for resale at the same time . The status will change to 'refund pending' once a buyer has been found . This occurred on different days over a period of 10 days. The status of two tickets remains the same ie unsold

19. jupal

jupal Member

Nov 20, 2013
    Switzerland
    What you have to send them is a printout of the infomations you get when you enter the dhl tracking number into the dhl page I asked fifa about this on the phone. I also sent them those oh so informative letters because it has my adress on it while the dhl page does not only sent those letters that came with the games as in they have identical number on the side sonewhere in the middle as the ticketnumber not sure wether that is needed though.

Also I had a discussion with FIFA and apparently you need to give them to a vwnue ticket center 7 days in advance not 3 the 3 only applies to tickets that have not yet been printed which is also why I decided to send my tickets to England.

20. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i put some tickets for resale and i got my refund back, wow that was quick

21. Daniel Knickelbein

Feb 24, 2014
    I just checked and got a refund as well! Very excited to have my $81 back hehe

22. sockaplayr

sockaplayr Member

Nov 11, 2013
    What games have you guys resold? Are they all super high demand games? or some normal ones that are sold out on FIFA.com currently?

23. sockaplayr

sockaplayr Member

Nov 11, 2013
    I need to get rid of my extras basically and I'm really wondering if my extra Germany vs Ghana is going to sell or if I'm just going to send it to FIFA and lose my money basically.

24. samconnie

samconnie Member

Feb 22, 2006
    toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    put them in asap
    i sold my tickets and they are still availabe on the portal?

25. bitjohn

bitjohn New Member

May 14, 2014
    Alan,

If the tickets is delivered, the status of the ticket in FIFA account should be "Ticket printed" on the resell page.
    So after you send the tickets back to fifa, and you see your ticket as "ticket unsold", that is a good news, seems the tickets are already put onto the resale platform. Which match of your ticket?