Has anyone ever...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by FNU, Nov 23, 2007.

1. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    I would have yellow carded you if I thought you should know better AND you spoiled the game for someone. Those are two criteria we use when deciding whether it's just a warning. Note that I infracted folks who posted in threads with an R on it the same amount of points you got.

So if you want to keep this going, I think we should put the yellow card on because if you are going to complain, you might as well complain about the right punishment.

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    The general rule of thumb is at least 24 hours, so please rename threads as a general rule.

3. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    Understood, will extend to 24 hours + in the future

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Damnit have I missed all the fun? :( :p

5. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Bumping old threads, an infraction if ever I saw one

6. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Sorry. I'll yellow myself. :( :D

7. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    that other site isnt an mls site

8. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Howdy dandy do?

Look, now I'm not usually one to complain but I fell I am being harrassed by a mod, a little bit like the way Forza was ruthlessly bullied by the Prawnmiester but with more malice.

This particular mod, who shall remain nameless, has hit me with two seven point infractions in two days, leading to my rather splendid yellow card. I think it suits me but that's another matter.

My first heinous crime was to post this......

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13548285&postcount=495

......in the Dougie Brimson hoolie thread, is this severe trolling in such a thread?

I then posted something about Canada burning the Whitehouse in the Yanks crack the England squad thread, in mitigation I meant to post it in the parallel thread in the England forum, a simple mistake, bang another seven pointer.

She has also left me two rather snotty PMs, according to her I've "been getting away with breaking the rules around here for too long" wtf? I've never had any interaction with her in the past apart from another severe trolling infraction in August, I can't remember what that was for, sneezing or something probably.

If I've been getting away with breaking the rules how come I've only ever received a handfull of single pointers? And how does she know about me anyway, I virtually never post on the US forums.

Both of the PMs she sent me also have thinly veiled rascist overtones, something along the lines of we don't tolerate foreigners in this fora, but not in so many words.

Now I know I'm a twat but surely reminding me of that fact would have been sufficient, I'd pm the mod in question but to be honest she creeps me out a bit.

Can somebody take a look please.

Cheers big ears.

9. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    First you start by saying the mod shall remain nameless but then continually refer to the mod as "her" and "she". How many female posters are there, let alone mods, in particular in the forum from which you have quoted the post. Doesn't take a genius to figure this one out.

More importantly however, I am glad I noticed this:
    Someone like you?? I think that might very well be a racist comment. By a mod? And in this forum? I don't want to make any unfounded accusations, but something that is this serious warrants a closer attention.

10. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Bump

I don't know.

11. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  12. white riot

white riot Member+

England
    Apr 27, 2005
    Southampton, England
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That's just a guess, deal with my complaint you wankers.

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is not racism.

You don't know when you are being "a twat?" :confused: Since you know you are "a twat," perhaps a bit more thought is required before you hit that submit button. That is being a responsable poster.

And how do you know that mod in question is a she?

14. dougiebrimson

dougiebrimson Member

Sep 14, 2007

Like I said in the other thread..... women and football should be kept well apart. Power crazed the lot of them.

Look at that Clinton woman....... ;)

15. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think Prawn was just referring to our past relationship, he's still bitter about our breakup. But then again, he's also referred to me as a "stupid Italian" or something around those lines...so what did he mean by "someone like you"? A very good question and I agree racism should not be tolerated on BS. So when are those mod polls?

16. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    question: where does this prawn guy mod?

17. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Both of the PMs she sent me also have thinly veiled rascist overtones, something along the lines of we don't tolerate foreigners in this fora, but not in so many words.

We dun want yer kind 'round these parts. lol

18. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    UEFA, WR, and possibly another forum. The Prawn empire is predicted to expand in 2008, with the eventual fall in 2009.

19. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    oh, see hes a man u fan, thats why i dont know of him, i dont even like going into the arsenal forum here, most of the posters there are such ass holes i cant even stand it

20. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think he posts much in the MU board, probably because it's 90% American if I were to guess why.

21. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Can't stand the heat, stay out the kitchen :)

22. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    everthing i say in their is followed by someones annoying little bitching

23. Skizz

Skizz Guest

So don't post in there saying things which will wind people up and result in "annoying little bitching", it's quite simple!

24. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    i just post what i feel, everyone else in there seems to bow down to you, probably because you're from london, and the majority of them are american arsenal fans, like me, but i could care less where someones from, thats no reason to act like some hard ass on a internet forum

bitching about bitching over

25. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    ya know i take all that back, im gonna be nicer, off to bed, nice to see another 3 points from arsenal:)