Has anyone ever...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by FNU, Nov 23, 2007.

1. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess I was being obtuse. When I said "now" I guess I should have said "today."

Sure, that may work for the other forum, but here it does not. But, what I find interesting is that you slag this site in comparison to another site, yet on the site in your signature, you have a link to BigSoccer but not that other site.

Hence you got an infraction. A minor infraction, which should have passed by now, like bad gas or something.

Can't please all of the people all of the time...It was a big night, which you should understand. Caution to the wind and all that. Of course, you claiming he is bitter is refuted by a post he made in the SAME thread you are complaining about. This is said post.

So only the people you approve of are allowed to post about this? :confused:

If Huss thought one mod per forum was effective, then it would be so. Now, for a more serious question: Where did you read that I (or DK or any other mod) agreed with Prawn?

hehehe

That is a good trolling effort. That is not ironic.

You made the accusation, thus you need to back it up.

2. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Anyways, this isn't going anywhere fast and I'm done with this. It's obvious no one gives a shit about the regular users unless they're paid subscribers or mods. That's how the cookie crumbles.

3. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    This Toon wouldn't happen to be ToonUSA? Only ToonUSA knows me well from the UEFA board. I've never seen or spoken to this Toon before this thread, yet he knows my posting past and I highly doubt he wasted anytime going back to what he may be making references to...at least use a different name if you're going to make an alt. ;) You also both, coincidentally, link the same site as your home page. But maybe it's just a Newcastle thing to do... Hmmmm.

I thought alt accounts, or "socks", were grounds for infractions and banning. You might want to check the IP of those two accounts Dark Knight. lol

Quoting my good friend Prawn. (Not sure if this is the official rule)
    "Anyone caught using a sock on here will receive an automatic forum ban and a yellow card. Create a new sock? Red card."

4. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    You may want to look at my join date (Dec 2002) as well as my post count which I believe worringly tips the scale at around the 11,000 mark.

If your really that interested in how I know about your past posts you'll be sad to know that it's not some grand plot by ToonUSA using an account created 3 years before his it's simply that with my club and national team both being members of UEFA I happen to read the UEFA boards. Sadly due to certain people that board is slowly becoming the new WR and seems to focus primarily on which league is better threads despite the best efforts of the mods to keep it how it used to be.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Incorrect. Mod can receive infractions. We are expected to maintain a higher standard across all of BS. Obviously, this does not always happen, and when a mod gets called out, it is usually by a supermod, or more specifically DK. Of course, this is done behind closed doors, usually. If not, it would likely lead to the lessening of the mods authority and more chaos in the forum he/she mods. If the mod does not stop the infractable behavior, then the mod is removed. This has happened on several occations. If you were aware of the situation, you would know about it. If you were not aware, then you would not.

You inferred that we agree with Prawn's actions saying that we "wipe each other's asses."

You said, in post 16, It's funny how he rarely gives out infractions to the English who actually contribute nothing but stupidity and racism.
    To which Toon3 replied in post 17 How do you know who he gives infractions too? Do you have any proof at all that he only gives infractions to you and that he does it because he doesn't like you?
    And you responded back in post 22 Do you have any proof that he doesn't?

Thus, the onus is on you to provide the proof that he is singling you out AND leaving the English posters alone.

Sure, the power trip mode does happen. We get called on it, and learn. If we do not, the we do not stay long as mods.

Actually, you find that everyone is important. But as I said in my earlier post, you can't please all the people all the time.

Additionally, this is a volunteer job. We do not get paid. With that in mind, try to think about switching places with Prawn for a few days or a week. Consider yourself to be Prawn (or a mod) and Prawn you (or a regular poster). Now, think about how you would react if a poster said you were power tripping as a mod and showed favoritism against a single poster - him. Then, consider how you would react if Prawn posted a comment on the customer service board saying that you were power tripping you are prejudicial favoring one type/group of posters. Consider the other side for a bit.

6. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In fact, I am thinking about giving an infraction to soccernutter right now. The rationality of this post is baiting in and of itself. :)

7. Serge

Serge New Member

Aug 2, 2005
    why did i get a yellow? when will it expire?

8. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    For trolling - December 17. Take it up with the folks who gave them to you if you have issues - see your personal messages for infractions.

9. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It was nice chatting, but this isn't going anywhere because it is neither in your power or mine to make a difference.

10. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the new WR. What is wrong with comparing leagues? It actually sparks some good discussion. This sport is competitive after all. I'm not defending those threads, I'm more with you considering the value of those threads but I'm not against an open, free discussion if the topics pertain to the forum. Maybe this is where we differ, and I've found some older posters and mods with this same mentality as to how things "should be run" according to them. Them being the majority of the past and the minority of today. Boards evolve, there is no denying that.
    Send ToonUSA my best.;) I miss our good debates.

11. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    They don't spark debate, they spark arguements and fighting.

Maybe you should listen to some of the older posters and mods, after all without them this site wouldn't be around today

12. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I'm actually an older poster, who came back. Yes, they sometimes do spark fighting. It is one of the reasons why I don't post on that board as often anymore. But if it's constructive argument, I say let it flow. Some people like to debate, it's almost instinctual. Competition makes this sport, it makes this site at times too.

13. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FNU - A couple of questions that, for me, I would like to have cleared up.

1) Are you more concerned that you received an infraction, or who gave you that infraction?

2) What have you learned from this discussion/conversation?

14. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think I would have been satisfied if another regular post such as myself answered my original question. :rolleyes:

15. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Down with the corrupt moderators!

:p

That prawn guy will be first against the wall....

16. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    FYI - I gave out three yesterday and they were posting in a thread with an [R] on it! I can put you in touch with them if you don't believe me. They all apologized for the error and quickly had their infractions reversed.

17. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    It's a fair cop guv, just give me 5 minutes to tell the missus the numbers of the various swiss bank accounts I've had to set up to launder the proceeds from my time here ;)

18. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I wonder if he'll take the hint

19. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I wonder if you'll ever develop common sense.

Thread title:
    Congrats Russia-what will the [R] do, hide the thread title?:rolleyes:

If you can't see my point, I feel sorry for you.

20. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Actually, you should have rec'd an infraction for the title itself, not the lack of an R. And it should have been re-named.

21. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    That would have made more sense.
    But that didn't happen... Common sense still exists. Thank you.

Or it could have simply been deleted, sans the infraction. But that would take all the fun out of power tripping on the INTERNETS.

22. Prawn Sandwich

Oct 1, 2003
    Bhutan
    I wasn't able to get online until the following day after the damage had been done so I didn't feel changing the title was worthwhile, it was beyond the 12 hour delay I feel is appropriate to leave those who'd taped the game.

The reason you got an infraction instead of a warning was due to me receiving two complaints from people who you ruined the game for. Maybe you should consider the fact you got away with the most minor infraction available instead of what you actually deserved for the added element of your thread being created for nothing more than trolling.

But hey, keep on with the hissy fit - I expected nothing less from someone like you.

23. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    Seems to be your strategy.

24. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who complained? How about you show us these complaints. Screen caps will do.

And now you close the thread, but have been stressing it was a troll attempt from the start...why wasn't it just deleted from the start then? The appropriate action to take if one uses common sense was to delete it or change the thread title as DK mentioned. Common sense...

25. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    His distaste for me is apparent ladies and gentlemen. Please submit this to the record.