Has anyone ever...

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by FNU, Nov 23, 2007.

1. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Received an infraction for not including the [R] in the thread title? I know the mods could just edit it in if it's that detrimental. :rolleyes:

2. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sure happens all the time.

3. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Mods can't apply here, obviously.

4. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    It does happen. You'll notice it's a very minor infraction.

5. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    It's ridiculous when the mod could just edit it. A warning is the more appropriate action, but that doesn't exist on a site run by mods such as Prawn.

6. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Get over it. You've been around long enough to know better. In the past, the type of thread you started (without the [R]) was card worthy. Now you just get a small infraction.

7. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And today? This question wasn't for mods, we all know you wipe each other's asses.

8. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    i dont mean to get involved, but i will, whats with the mods on this site? you guys act like you're actually doing an important job:confused:

9. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Well with such delightful folk like you and the thread starter mods actually are important other wise the site would be an awful mess.

10. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    yeah, i post on another soccer forum and the mods aren't nearly as strict, everything is fine on that forum, and its actually a pretty funny readmost of the time, everything isn't taken so seriously

11. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    If it's so great why are you on here?

12. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    What did I do, or this other fellow, that makes this site a "mess"? God forbid I congratulate a team, on the UEFA board, that hasn't had the best of luck but forget to add some stupid [R]. The freaking title gives it away as it is! If the mod had any capacity on what the correct action is, the thread would/should have been deleted if it was such a detrimental spoiler. No one in the thread was complaining as 99% of the people who care already knew the outcome. I got the infraction because he doesn't like me, he's English, and he's bitter. So stop exaggerating. It's people like you and your mod buddies that make this site less active than its potential. One mod per forum is all that is needed. And why should anyone leave this site when the mods are at fault? Maybe the admin(s) should make some changes and listen to its regular users when there's a problem. Huss seems like the only person who actually takes a neutral stance and makes this site better, the rest? eh.

13. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Well you personally start threads such as that which are for one purpose and one purpose only, to bait English fans. Why only congratulate Russia? What about all the other qualifying teams? No you didn't mention them because none of them qualified at the expense of England. Given you blatant anti-English stance as displayed in past threads in the UEFA forum I'm not suprised you got infraction for yet another poor attempt at trolling. Your claim that he doesn't like you because he's English and bitter is just an extension of your dislike of the English.

How is it that thousands of people manage to use this site daily and have no problem whatsoever and mange to follow the forum rules without any trouble?

And as for the site not reaching it's potential, last time I checked it was the biggest soccer forum on the internets so umm yeah.....

14. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    what he said;)

15. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    for spite

16. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Who is to say I don't like Russia? That I'm not Russian or part Russian? Where does it say I can't create a thread to congratulate Russia, even if I wasn't Russian?

It's more so anti-Italian rhetoric that I respond to with factual flaws concerning the English that run their yaps, such as yourself. What purpose do you have in this thread? Calling me a troll is a bit ironic.

I said he doesn't like me, not because he's English, but probably because of his own insecurities which are blatant when he goes on his power trips and distributes meaningless infractions to other users on this site. It's funny how he rarely gives out infractions to the English who actually contribute nothing but stupidity and racism.

17. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Nowhere except that isn't why you did it

How about you point out some of this "anti-Italian rhetoric? You know what if you don't agree with this mod's handling of the forum why not tell someone about it in a formal manor rather than bitching about it all the time. How can I be a troll when all my responses are directly related to your bitter little thread?

Oh and Im not English
    But you actually just said
    How do you know who he gives infractions too? Do you have any proof at all that he only gives infractions to you and that he does it because he doesn't like you?

18. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    So your here contributing nothing, gotcha

19. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    are you a mod in training?

20. alexp92

alexp92 Member

Jul 5, 2007
    not sure what your contributing:confused:

21. Toon³

Toon³ Member

Dec 27, 2002
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    Humour, wit, good looks, hourly weather and traffic reports....

22. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    And what proof do you have behind my motivation for creating that thread? ZERO.

In relation to the infraction for the thread about Russia, it was more than likely given because of his bias(being English), with the addition of his dislike of certain posters(myself included). Why didn't the other mods give me the infraction? I know for fact the other mods saw it in the time that pasted between the thread's creation and the infraction.:cool:

Do you have any proof that he doesn't?

23. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    The strings of puppet masters reach far...

24. FNU

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I contacted Dark Knight before I created this thread. I suppose a futile attempt to raise the issue if you must know.

Anyways, good job on playing devil's advocate but this really doesn't pertain to you UNLESS you've received a similar infraction.

25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Good to know you don't have Segrove's ability to read the mod boards.