Has Anyone Ever Played With This Ball?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by Paul.eta, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
  2. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    dont expect much for a $11 ball...the touch will be terrible, but at least it's durable.

3. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    FIFA specs basically just check for air retention, shape true-ness, size and weight, but as Becks said, don't expect a PVC ball to offer great touch. You can probably count on the durability though.

Check out the Adidas Tango Samba
    http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=120&pcount=&Product_Id=41895

If you don't intended to spend that much on a ball, this would be a great buy. I have one for leisure/kicking around, and it's a pretty decent ball. It's on sale for a pretty good price cause they used to retail for $24-$30USD. I have the silver one, but here the only colours left are yellow and orange. I'd go with yellow. ;)

4. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Some of the $20 and less balls by Adidas are decent practice balls. Such as the Tango Club MLS, if they still make them.

5. AvidSinger

AvidSinger New Member

Sep 6, 2002
    Massachusetts
    The Adidas NPS-2 ball is $20 and is an excellent practice ball.

6. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    i think the description is too good to be true. i did a search on google the other day and no other website said it was fifa approved.

i just bought some adidas finale sportivo balls for like $25 each + shipping from this one company in CA. so i'm happy.

7. nsoccer2

nsoccer2 New Member

Aug 21, 2003
    West Seneca, NY
    Has anyone else ever had a cbc ball? I know, I had never heard of it either but I got one for my b-day and it has decent touch and has been really really durable(if you don't mind color fading) and is really cheap. I saw one in a Duhnam's add for less than $10. In my opinion its a great ball at a great price.

8. ARG_Fan

ARG_Fan New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    Canada
    I'm using the Adidas UEFA cup Replica, it's pretty good.

9. bobbymoore

bobbymoore New Member

Sep 25, 2003
    I just picked up a Nike Viento 2 (only $11.95) and was really impressed. Nice touch and pretty good looking.
    http://www.soccerstore.com/shopping/product55.html

It seems the quality of the cheaper balls are getting much better over the last few years.

10. JMMUSA8

JMMUSA8 New Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Webster
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    $11.95 says that ball has a very low life span.

thats the problem with buying cheap balls. They look and feel nice, but they last like a week. They warp easily, air retention quailty fades away, and the ball can rip or pop with a nice powerful shot hitting the crossbar. My opinion, go buy a $30-$50 ball, you'll get your money's worth.

11. Becks7

Becks7 Member

Dec 6, 2000
    Hong Kong
    top level match balls aren't meant to maintain air over a long period of time. It should release air to avoid stretching the seams.

12. quattrosystem

quattrosystem Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Actually, cheap PVC balls sometimes do last longer than more expensive PU balls, because PU sacrifices durability for soft touch. My friends and I use cheap, under $20 PVC balls, like the Nike Viento, to play street and although you can't expect the graphics/paint job to be in great condition after shooting against brickwalls and dribbling on not-so-smooth concrete, the air retention and shape of ball are still completely intact. The aesthetic condition would suggest otherwise though. Obviously if you were playing on grass, the condition of the ball would be much better.
    Paying more for a ball will usually get you better play characteristics, ie. touch, but possibly less durability.

13. dmain

dmain Member

Mar 4, 2003
    Gig Harbor, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where did you find finale sportivo's for $25 ? I use that ball thats a great price and I'll be needing a new one soon.

thanks

14. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    I ordered from soccerfanatix.com, but I never recieved any merchandise. It has been a month and I just cancelled it yesterday because I couldn't wait any longer. They charged the credit card too and when I checked their website it said it was still processing. How long does it take to process one &^#*ing order... Worst customer service ever, only way to reach them is by e-mail. Anyways, I'll probably just order something from Eurosport.