Hartman signs new contact

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by PZ, Oct 24, 2003.

1. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just announced by Dave Denholm on ESPN Radio 710. Hartman gets a new contract.

2. MD_05

MD_05 New Member

Oct 18, 2002
    Ohio
    over on ussocceruk, they're saying that same radio station was talking about the chivas expansion situation.

does that espn affiliate usually give soccer that much love? i'm just suprised to hear it.

anyway- hartman deserves the contract and i'm a little suprised to see that he's not going to europe to explore his options there.

3. QuakeAttack

QuakeAttack Member+

Apr 10, 2002
    California - Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See Joe Cannon.

Good for LA . Bad for the rest of MLS. Congratulations to Mr. Hartman. Any details on the contact? Just kidding (since this is MLS)...

4. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    I'm not entirely familiar with what Joe Cannon had going for him on the table, but it seems the best route for a keeper interested in going overseas is to have a team come knocking on your door, as in the case with Tim Howard. Hartman may still cross the pond someday, who knows?

5. Topper

Topper BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 19, 1999
    SoCal
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to guess it's near league max, plus a few incentives sprinkled on top.

Good for the Galaxy, definately. Hartman has been solid.

Topper

:D :D

6. lightningback

lightningback New Member

Jan 27, 2003
    Carson
    When Dave Denholm is on the air, yes. In fact, you've probably read a few of his posts. He's a good man...

7. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dave Denholm does the local updates every 20 mins on ESPN here. He slips Galaxy and other footie news in when he can.

8. Gooner

Gooner New Member

Dec 23, 2000
    Soccer City
    Unfortunately for Hartman his 0.00 rating in the wives with EU passports statistic is no match for Howard's perfect 1.00.

9. 18214

18214 New Member

Aug 18, 2003
    new jersey
    It's actually his mom that is from Hungary, thats how he got the passport ...his wife is from the USA.....

10. Bonaventure

Bonaventure New Member

Oct 4, 2000
    Gilbert, AZ
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think a new contract keeps him from going to Europe, it just ensures that if someone wants him, MLS can get some money.

11. FlashMan

FlashMan Member

Jan 6, 2000
    'diego
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    very rare for a keeper to get at or near league max.

i'd imagine in the 150-200K range.

of course my guess is worth less than a stick of bubblegum.

12. tobycharles

tobycharles Member

Feb 8, 2001
    This is fantastic. IMHO Hartman is the Galaxy MVP this year and deserving of the new deal. Glad to see MLS stepped up and kept a really good guy in the league long term.

13. PZ

PZ Member

Apr 11, 1999
    Michiana
    Club:
    Ipswich Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only thing that bothers me about this is that EZ signed a new contract right before the start of the season. Where's he now?

The announcment only means one thing, he won't be a free agent on trial at Euro clubs this winter.

We don't know how long the contract is, or how much it'll effect the G's salary cap.