Harry ...

Discussion in 'Tottenham Hotspur' started by pookspur, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Aud300

Aud300 Member

Aug 14, 2004
    San Antonio Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I compeltly agree with this comment.

2. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  3. Mr Tips

Mr Tips Member

May 10, 2006
    Philadelphia; 138
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    He's a journo's dream come true. Even a "no comment" comment turns into a 20 minute interview.

That bit about Jol not having City to contend with? ******** me, he also didn't have the squad you were blessed with you self-centered ass. Keep talking, b/c I feel better and better about this move with each sound bite coming out.

4. songoose

songoose Member

Apr 29, 2007
    Philly Burbs
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I love how he talks about how he would have taken 4th at the beginning of the season. Would you have taken it while we were title contenders for most of the season, you jack@ss?

5. calmanalysis

calmanalysis Member

Aug 16, 2008
    NYC
    If I had to put a wager on who will be next manager - I would go with AVB. Levy has wanted a manager with renowned European credentials since forever, and this will be his third go at that (Santini, Ramos). Martinez's appeal lies in his footballing philosophy; Levy is a businessman.

6. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  7. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    -Mentioning Begiristain here as a possible DOF, the article is full of quotes too. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...cked-manager-Harry-Redknapp-at-Tottenham.html I agree though, I think Levy realizes the utter shittiness of the scouting system and wants a DOF to make use of the new facilities and stock the club with youth talent.

-Klinsmann won't leave the USMNT, he hasn't been at his post long enough. Can see anyone one of the others at Spurs, but my money is on AVB.

8. BalanceUT

BalanceUT RSL and THFC!

Oct 8, 2006
    Appalachia
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The problem with Villas-Boas that I recall from his tenure at Chelsea is that the players hated him and he threw them under the bus when things went badly. If I'm in Levy's position I want to know he sees the error of his ill-motivating past at Chelsea before I hire him.

9. leocal

leocal Member

Aug 23, 2004
    Fog City
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    In fairness the Portugese contingent and Mata loved him, it was the senior 30+ year olds and the board signings like Lukaku who hated him. Remember AVB's mandate was to clear out the old guard and change the style of play to an exciting one, he was always going to be up against it, especially with Roman and Emenalo signing young players randomly.

Young managers these days often have one dodgy job in them. Mourinho had it at Benfica, Rodgers at Reading, Lambert at Livingston.

11. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Harry also claiming now we have a squad which could win the title in a year, deliberately trying up expectations for the next manager. This from a man who claimed last year finishing 5th was the best we could hope for and people who disagreed were 'idiots' :D

This is one of my worries for our next manager, Harry's journo friends will be out to get them and Harry will be there trying to up the pressure.

12. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    He tried to make changes too fast. Playing a high d-line which makes Terry looks like the worst defender in the league while also ushering out the likes of Drogba and Lampard immediately is not going to help him.

13. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i've got so many thoughts on this that i don't know where to start. that said, since a majority of them are likely dead wrong, i'll just keep them to myself.

the one thing i will concede, though, is that i'm mildly surprised that levy (apparently) doesn't have anyone lined up. it would certainly have been rational for him to have done so, given the 'harry for england' stuff, and i really thought it might have been a factor in levy's apparent inclination to move harry on ... y'know, that he had someone lined up whom he felt was the better man to 'take the club forward'. then again, i guess there could be any of a dozen reasons why levy wanted to move harry on, so no real shocks.

i wish i could say i'm optimistic about what's to come, but i'm not. it'll be interesting, though, at the very least.

14. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Right below Rafa...not impressed with this list. AVB did not impress. Martinez lacks experience. Moyes did not do well when he had both league and Euro competitions. Klinsmann - as said above.

Capello might be interesting. I really would like Spurs to go after Pep - would show the ambition to stay top.

15. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Capello would be the best choice imo. I don't think there are managers available out there who are as experienced and has a resume as impressive as him. Age(and probably English :D) is his biggest disadvantage.

16. AudereEstFacere

Aug 11, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why is Ralf Rangnick even in the running. This is the first I've heard that we may want him. He's shitty, imo.

I think I'd like to see van Gaal

17. The Double

The Double Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 11, 2002
    Denver
    Van Gaal or Capello would be my choices, though Van Gaal's players end up hating him in a hurry. Still, the man wins.

18. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
  19. AudereEstFacere

Aug 11, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's the worst you can find?

You do remember our last gaffer was Harry "Under the Table" Redknapp, right?

20. adrenaline11

adrenaline11 Member+

Jul 29, 2010
    Toronto
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    One of these two.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

21. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    No :D Although to be fair to Commoli he would make a good France scout, the job he used to have with the goons. He's spotted some decent talent for cheap - Clichy, Ekotto, Kaboul.

The word is Tim Sherwood is the only member of the setup to be retained, the likes of Joe Jordan, Kevin Bond and Clive Allen have all gone. Sherwood is already technical coordinator at the club and did a nice job with the next gen squad, so he may get promoted to technical director.

22. jumhed

jumhed Member+

Mar 26, 2001
    London
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The (West Ham) chairman Terry Brown had offered me a new four-year contract. What I did was talk to a fanzine, made some comments, and sometimes I should be a bit more careful. I sat down with these guys from the fanzine and they started asking me questions and I spoke to them in the way I’d talk to someone in a pub. I said a few things I shouldn’t have said. He read it and got very upset. I walked into his office expecting to sign the contract and walked out without a job!"

—Harry Redknapp

23. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    To be fair to Commoli he was actually good at finding talent. Lennon, Hudds, Modric, Kaboul, I want to say Walker, but I'm not sure. The problem was that he would go out and just get players the manager wasn't keen on. That was the disconnect between having a sporting director. Capello is my choice. The man has the experience and can manage tactically. AVB would be good I think as I would hope we wouldn't impose completely irrational goals on him to oust our older players who have really been great for us.

Harry made ill advised comments and got fired and the fact he made public comments about his contract when Levy was dealing with a family issue is completely out of order by Harry. Shows a complete lack of respect to the man that pays his wages. I think that was the problem and really Harry has nobody, but himself to blame.

Bottom line is we have a great team and see that we can go far if we have the right manager so now we just need to keep our players or if we let Modric go we need a player who can come in and do what he does and score more goals. Bale and VDV must stay and we need a new striker to score an abundance of goals.

24. Hauler

Hauler Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    United States
    Jan 20, 2007
    Culver City, LA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait.. Clive Allen has been with us for years. He is a legend here and I can't see him leaving.