Harry Kane will be a legend

Discussion in 'England' started by Doriano Jösefnaldi, Sep 5, 2015.

1. Doriano Jösefnaldi

Feb 17, 2015
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I know this was against San Marino but Barkley's and Kanes performance against San Marino was world class

2. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think I could score vs San Marino m8

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  3. andals

andals Member

Jun 13, 2015
    not going to show the air kick and flubbed shot?

4. itsonlymemate

itsonlymemate Member

Apr 1, 2013
    wasnt too long ago some twats on here were slagging him off thinking he was rubbish

sendorange repped this.
  5. andals

andals Member

Jun 13, 2015
    well he was. he had a terrible U20 World Cup, for example. nobody can claim they saw his last season coming. nobody.

6. Jahson

Jahson New Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    He seems to be developing into a very good player.

7. Jahson

Jahson New Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    But he is playing for the wrong team,he just needs to leave spurs.

8. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Well of course no-one could foresee him scoring 30 goals last season but I thought he'd be a very good player in the Prem and for Spurs just not so soon was happy for him to be our 3rd striker last year. Think people just saw what they thought was a lack of pace and him being slightly ungainly and wrote him off

9. andals

andals Member

Jun 13, 2015
    in an England shirt, he was pants.

10. Marcho Gamgee

Marcho Gamgee Member+

England
    Apr 25, 2015
    Somewhere in English Arrogance land
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Can you clarify? I seem to recall he's done pretty well so far in a senior England shirt or were you meaning the U20's World Cup?

11. BarryfromEastenders

Staff Member

Jul 6, 2008
    I don't think he or the team was that bad at the U20 World Cup. There was a massive overreaction to that tournament, especially from journalists on twitter.

12. W.A.S.P.

W.A.S.P. Member+

Leeds United
    England
    Sep 20, 2012
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I remember following it closely very well 2 years ago. How time flies! Looking back with all of the players who've come through it is shocking how we didn't do better: Kane, Dier, Stones, Garbutt, Barkley, Pricthard, Thorpe, Flanagan, JWP, and Lascelles (kinda).

13. sendorange

sendorange Member+

Jun 7, 2003
    Bigsoccer.com
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah in hindsight the group was a very tough one for that age group - Chile who went on to only get edged out on extra time by Ghana and have shown themselves to have one of the strongest technical setups in football, Iraq who got to the semi finals and only lost on pens (and we deserved to beat) and a decent Egypt team most of whom are senior internationals now and their best ones from that group are doing well in Europe. Our squad was also the usual last minute group thrown together with Peter Taylor stepping in as coach and bugger all in serious prep for a tournament.

I do think also that although there were some talented players, there was still some weak ones picked due to the poor talent id, players like Luke Williams, Dan Potts, John Lundstram, Larnell Cole and of course the obligatory Connar Coady captaincy. Peter Taylor at that point had also passed his sell by date a bit as coach.

14. IGSpur

IGSpur Member

Apr 14, 2015
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Tbf I missed the u20 WC as I was in US, but I always thought he looked decent for England. I remember an u18 game I think where I thought he was the standout player technically and he was playing in midfield or AM. Assume the WC was a blip in that sense. I thought he generally outscored Wickham for England, may be wrong.