Harrison Stadium - The rumours of my demise..

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Section113, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brushes Sand

Brushes Sand Member

Oct 12, 2000
    polychronicqatsitime

Presicely.

That comment was 1000% spin. Zero Data. 1000% spin.

Another interesting choice was the decision to use the Frisco
    graphic which shows an upper deck on the west side. HSG
    axed that from the plans a year ago. They staid with the
    graphic that had the upper deck + a roof through the summer.
    They axed the roof in the graphic in September. And when
    they started running some ads in the DaMN (Dallas Morning News)
    in middle of October, the upper deck finally dissapeared from the
    graphic, although it was actually axed a year ago.

I'm not suggesting HSG told MLS to use the wrong graphic.
    I'm guessing that MLS decided to use the sexier (wrong)
    graphic in the same soundbite segment leading in to
    Garber's spin on Harrison. Thus adding even more doubt
    to the motivation for the Garber spin.

Didn't Garber say "publically funded stadiums on the way in
    Chicago & New Jersey"?

-bs

2. bukie2k

bukie2k Member

Mar 28, 2002
    New Jersey
    Here is something to remember: If a lie is big enough and told often enough it eventually becomes the truth.

The only thing clarified in that segment was Stone's willingness to attach his lips to any pipe at any time.

Even though the silence from Secaucus has become deafening, there is a bright side: it's been 5 days since anyone has called for Bradley's scalp or come to the conclusion the team is a corpse. Smoke and mirrors weorked for Siegfried & Roy, why not Sacko of Secaucus.

3. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    ..or president.

4. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Honestly, there is no way Garber's job should be at stake over this. Just because Metro is the worst franchise inthe history of franchises doesn't mean he hasn't done an excellent job with the other 11 franchises.

Sack of mother********ing ******** OTOH...

bukie2k - the reason why no one is saying anything aout our team (and they are BTW - just wait till the ******** that goes down at the expansion draft) is because no one is going to Gianmts Stadium next year to watch.

5. okcomputer

okcomputer Member

Jun 25, 2003
    dc
    The metros franchise is every bit as bad as the LA Clippers or Cincy Bengals. MLS truely has their version of these teams.

6. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    from the FOIA for the State of Jersey (and this report would not be federal):

A government record shall not include the following information which is deemed to be confidential for the purposes of P.L.1963, c.73 (C.47:1A-1 et seq.) as amended and supplemented:

information received by a member of the Legislature from a constituent or information held by a member of the Legislature concerning a constituent, including but not limited to information in written form or contained in any e-mail or computer data base, or in any telephone record whatsoever, unless it is information the constituent is required by law to transmit;

any memorandum, correspondence, notes, report or other communication prepared by, or for, the specific use of a member of the Legislature in the course of the member's official duties, except that this provision shall not apply to an otherwise publicly-accessible report which is required by law to be submitted to the Legislature or its members;

trade secrets and proprietary commercial or financial information obtained from any source. For the purposes of this paragraph, trade secrets shall include data processing software obtained by a public body under a licensing agreement which prohibits its disclosure;

any record within the attorney-client privilege. This paragraph shall not be construed as exempting from access attorney or consultant bills or invoices except that such bills or invoices may be redacted to remove any information protected by the attorney-client privilege;

administrative or technical information regarding computer hardware, software and networks which, if disclosed, would jeopardize computer security;

emergency or security information or procedures for any buildings or facility which, if disclosed, would jeopardize security of the building or facility or persons therein;

security measures and surveillance techniques which, if disclosed, would create a risk to the safety of persons, property, electronic data or software;

information which, if disclosed, would give an advantage to competitors or bidders;

information which is a communication between a public agency and its insurance carrier, administrative service organization or risk management office;

Given the above, could it be possible to get the data? and if so, what would I ask for?

7. dickmac

dickmac New Member

Jun 12, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought this was a thread about a stadium, not homosexuals. It's really tedious to read a repressed homosexual make allegedly clever remarks about an actual homosexual.

Addendum:
    Why do I keep coming back here looking for a soccer message board?

8. JBigjake

JBigjake Member+

Nov 16, 2003
    websearch NJSEA or go to website www.njsea.com
    choose drop-down menus under "newsroom" or "contact us",
    which reveal forms to request records & to email public affairs.

FOIA in New Jersey is called OPRA (Open Public Records Act),
    run by the Government Records Council (GRC) 1-866-850-0511
    or website www.state.nj.us/grc

If your request is ruled confidential, you can appeal to the GRC.

9. Mateofelipe

Mateofelipe Member+

Mar 10, 2001
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the passing reference to the circumstances of McGreevey's political demise was merely intended to provide context to the stadium situation. It was hardly equivalent to making dickmac sit through a "Queer Eye" marathon. NYR Metros, some of us appreciate texture, so keep up the good work. Besides, McGreevey's gaiety is not so much the issue as his general schmuckitude. As for tedium, nothing is more tedious than someone inflicting his peevishness on everybody, rather than just p**ing off.

Addendum:
    I don't know why you keep returning to what you don't find edifying or entertaining, but it sounds like a personal problem, or as they say in Brooklyn, a poissonal problem.

10. OldFanatic

OldFanatic Member

Jan 12, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't mean to be trolling here, but:

The "gay" comment was not made by NYR Metros. He simply cut and pasted text from the link into the message here. The old item is still alive on the website.

http://www.fieldofschemes.com/news/archives/000911.html

So, if there is any complaining to do (or appreciate the texture) do it for the fieldofschems.com website, not the messanger (NYR Metros). I can't see how this is a "message board" specific issue. (Unless dickmac was complaining specifically about the text being cut-and-pasted into the message board.)

11. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    Appreciate the post. :) Hope u like pos rep !

12. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh? A slight passing reference to McGreevey's gaiety, which indirectly affected Harrison because it led to McGreevey's resignation, and you use that as a launching pad to make an uncalled for personal remark about the person who posted the link to the article. Also you conclude that on the basis of this passing reference, that the thread and BigSoccer are primarily focused on homosexuality instead of on soccer. Rubbish.

If the passing reference was offensive, and possibly it might be, then that complaint should go to the source of the quote. Your anger should not be vented at Big Soccer or the person who cut and pasted it.

13. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    At some point this thread went badly astray. Is there any more actual news to report?

14. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    I'm sure the lack of real news is what led the thread astray -- far, far, astray.

15. nyrmetros

nyrmetros Member

Feb 7, 2004
    I haven't read any new rewports this week on the stadium situation...... Hopefully some news will pop up this week.

16. rkeane15

rkeane15 New Member

Jan 25, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Well i haven't read the whole thread because i got confused pretty quickly about all the diffently places in NY and whatnot, but I really how you get a stadium. It seems Im going to be moving to NY to go to school this summer, and i would like nothing more than to go to a few MLS games in a new sss. Good Luck, it looks like you will need it.

17. Section113

Section113 New Member

Feb 26, 1999
    Boonton
    Rumors of the demise of this thread are greatly exagerated.

18. Rommul

Rommul Member

Aug 26, 2003
    NYC
    And this time my hands are clean :)

19. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    It has -- in Chicago. Bridgeview looks to be everything Harrison might have become, and probably never will. And Bridgview has broken ground.

20. carpediem175

carpediem175 New Member

Oct 6, 2003
    Pompton Plains , NJ
    It seems like The Metros will be the last MLS team to get a SSS if at all. There is too much politics and corruption in this area for things to go as easily as we would hope.

21. GIO17

GIO17 Member

Nov 29, 1998
    It's a fricken crime that these bastards that serve the people are not doing their jobs. No delays from Columbus, Carson, Frisco, Bridgeview, or in that suburb of Denver, When Salt Lake gets their own stadium their government officials will say "go ahead. It sounds like a wonderful idea" While NJ politicians are delaying the project even further and further and further forcing Metro to build it in the Meadowlands. Codey is a tool. There was so much positive happening till Codey opened his mouth.

Why is it a problem here in this damned state. I guess certain pockets haven't been greased enough to get this damned thing going. I guess their pocketbooks or wallets are starting to run thin and these bastards need more money.

If there any Politicans from Hudson County looking at this thread and I believe that none of them are. But if they are.... WHAT'S THE FREAKIN HOLD UP! GET OFF YOU REAR'S AND GET BACK TO THE NEGOTIATION TABLE AND GET THIS DAMNED THING OVER WITH WITH!

22. Brownswan

Brownswan New Member

Jun 30, 1999
    Port St. Lucie, FL
    The new stadium in Rochester has broken ground--and it will be expandable to 20k(from 15,I guess). The plan is to have it open in August, so the Rhinos can finish the 2005 season there.

Maybe AEG should throw in with the Rhinos in 2006 and bring them into MLS.
    As for Metro, if the stadium situation isn't settled by then, pull the plug. Seriously. Remaining at the Swamp has become a major $$ drain on the league, and that money can be put to good use instead of into the NJSEA coffers. With progress being made on so many other fronts, MLS can't afford to let Metro be the mole on the league's happy face. More than a mole, maybe a tumor, with major surgery in the picture.

Check out the Fire Nick petition at Metrofanatic -- over 500 signatures fed up enough to call it quits, and representing family and friends beyond their numbers. Plus the people who aren't online but are the silent majority of those who have given up on Metro ---

If Metro management's goal is just to plod along, assuming some fans will always show up for a game, then I guess they are doing their job. A sudden breakthrough that gets the ball rolling in Harrison would change the picture completely, but this ain't Hollywood, it's New Jersey.

23. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

I can understand Mr. Joe Unitiated saying that the Metros don't deserve to exist, but to hear it from a fellow Metros fan is downright absurd. Whatever happens in the front office is one story, and a new stadium is always a close second priority with me, but the first has always been supporting the team on the field. Hate on Nick all you want, but where's the love for this team? Because I would imagine we would have a bigger problem than Harrison if the fans are saying we should call it quits.

24. Shabs

Shabs Member

Jun 19, 2002
    NYC
    We do have a bigger problem than Harrison.
    Horrible attendance.
    Inept marketing.
    Devious/unloyal/ahole GM.
    Front Office idiocy.
    Perpetually poor on-field results.

25. Stan Collins

Stan Collins Member+

Feb 26, 1999
    Silver Spring, MD
    . . . and land scarcity. Finding a suburb with open land in DFW is easy. If McKinney stabs you in the back, go to Frisco. Metro (and the Quakes) have it a lot tougher.