Harper's Island

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Uppa 90, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so the previews certainly make it look intriguing... I am planning on utilizing the DVR for a few weeks... CBS after CSI this Thursday, from my understanding...

anyone else gonna be checking it out?

2. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'll be checking it out.

I'm interested to see how well the nets can do a one and done season show a la BBC.

3. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Most of the previews haven't interested me, looked like another big group gets together, people die, who did it. could be good, could stink.

Then I saw a more extended preview where it actually has a story! Something like a girl grew up there, evil killer on the loose kills her family or some such. She leaves town after its all over. Then comes back for the wedding and it all starts up again.

Sounded much more interesting.

4. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It reminds me of Agatha Christie's Then There Was One. I will give it a shot especially since four of my shows have had their finales in the last week.

5. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that was the first thought i had with the previews... Agatha Christie meets The Ring... or something like that...

and FYI: the actual title is "And Then There Were None" which was previously known as "Ten Little Indians", which was previously known as "Ten Little Ni@@ers", i kid you not...

6. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I was thinking I had the title wrong. Yeah, I read that about the different titles. Interesting.

Did you know that she is the all-time best selling author worldwide?

7. Uppa 90

Uppa 90 Member

Jan 16, 2004
    K.C. MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So episode 1... definitely some cheesey parts... some sexy parts (caught me off guard for network tv)... and some gory parts... those killings were not easy to watch...

despite the jumping of the scenes, the characters randomly walking into situations, and a whole lot happening in the hour that just seemed phony, i will give week 2 a chance...

8. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That entire episode played like a bad B-movie. And while I certainly appreciate the half-naked chicks, I can't imagine this show doing anything to capture my interest in the second episode. I might give it another shot, but then again... I probably won't. :rolleyes:

9. Felixx219

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think you have to look at it for what it is, it is a horror movie made into a 13 episode miniseries. It's going to be cheesy and predictable in parts. Watching the first episode, I will probably tune in for the rest just because I am curious to how it plays out now.