Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - NSROT [12 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qiansong99

qiansong99 Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Case's post is Awesome, The u21's were awesome tonight, but lets not forget the seniors were also pretty good v portugal last year after going a man down. Couldnt agree more about steven Taylor, hes wholehearted and a good player, maybe not full england quality but still a quality centre back. But what does it for me is when he pretended to be shot after conceding that penalty a couple of seasons ago, if anyone has a youtube... please its the funniest thing i've ever seen.

.. found it take a look.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32SccQyl-Mw

ps how do you embed videos?

2. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I just think that sometimes with England this whole 'england are crap at penalty shootouts' wrecks s before we've even kicked the ball off the spot. We just have no confidence with them because of history.

appleCORR

3. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree its gotten to the point where its all mental

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

to embed videos, you type [*YOUTUBE]XXX[/YOUTUBE*] (minus the stars) and in the XXX area you type the code at the end of the video after the =.

[YOUTUBE]32SccQyl-Mw[/YOUTUBE]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32SccQyl-Mw

5. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SCHOOLS OUT TOMORROW!
    SCHOOLS OUT FOREVER!

After school we are going to the beach

6. qiansong99

qiansong99 Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    cheers bigg

7. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Haha, I thought it was a profanity filled rant that bordered on racist euro-phobia at times, but then perhaps im my harshest critic....

Them boys looked alot better in the peno's than the traditional "beaten b4 a ball is kicked" England, with the exception of Nigel "I want no part of this" Reo-Coker (bless him, the fact that eceryone else was so assured prolly made it worse for him, at least in the past there's been 2 sketchy "really, they letting HIM take one" guys in the first 5), it's just a shame that none of our boys had the chance to WIN IT, I don't think we'd have had the chokers that the Dutchies had.

Pens in big games is mostly mental, I mean anyone who can't regularly beat a keeper from 12 shudn't be on a pitch IMO, and all the practice in the world doesn't train bottle. Perhaps they shouyld all make like Lita and his sports-psych visualisation etc...

and I forgot about that youtube deal, was it the same gunman that shot John Black at Wembley? (DreamTeam, anyone, anyone???) Funny as fudge but perhaps takes away from his shine that he did something so very Serie A, but meh he was young and now he a NT hero so woteva, plus if he keeps Woodygate out of the full squad.....

reading the "cactus Vs woteva" thread, my new ambition is to ninja post in such a thread b4 it gets closed...that should kill some time scanning the forum every 10 seconds, gotta avoid work somehow....

8. Skizz

Skizz Guest

OH MY DAYS....ooooooohhhhh ohhhhhhhhh oh ohhhhhh ohhhhhhhhhhh (that was meant to be the Dream Team theme song). What about Luis Rodriguez and Linda Block (im sure it was block). Don't forget the legend Karl Fletcher!

9. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Did u see the last ever Ep? Freakin brilliant ending, Fletch lives on forever!
    Everytime I see that chick, on Corrie or woteva, u gotta say "LIIIIIIIN-Da" in that quality high-pitched slightly shocked Luis Amore way......

Liverpool made a bid for Didier Baptiste, best thing ever! Can't believe Freddy Shepherd didn't put a bid in! Shame Ranieri wasn't spending AbramaBucks then!

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Lol true. I never did see the last episode, time to find it on the interweb methinks!

11. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    God I'm tired so basically one of my high school coaches said we're going to EUROPE next year: England,Germany,Italy or Holland :D

Had a good time at my tryout not in the best shape but I did fine..* I think* :eek:

12. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    my main bone of contention about the england u-21's is this.

players like rooney and lennon and anyone who could have been eligable to play should be picked for this. i say this for a reason.

the tournament isnt a wasnt a world cup, and ok it not the be-all and end-all. winning is a good habit to get into. for these reasons alone i think these players should get picked. im not saying get a load of players from the seniors and make it unfair on the players who got them there, however a senior player, especially world class ones can be the difference. my point of this is winning is a good habit, you win tournaments, it breeds confidence.

yes before people jump on my back, lennon was injured and i dont know about rooney, its just something i think maybe would have stood them in better stead.

may i also add, they were excellent yesterday and fought to the death. they should be proud, and i will also say i support them over the seniors every day of the week.

13. kumazou

kumazou Member

Jun 29, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    I think you have to look at the net benefit of picking someone like Rooney instead of a less developed player. As an individual, Rooney isn't going to really benefit from playing at the U21 level. He's already established himself on the world stage and is used to the pace and pressure of competing internationally. Yes, it would be great for young players to learn from him and to get the psychological boost of potentially winning the tournament, but the flipside is that he's taking a spot away from someone else. Did Leroy Lita gain something from his terrible start to the tournament? Hell yeah. I think its amazing how he didn't let the missed pen/missed sitter get in his head. He perservered and had a great tournament. Thats a lost opportunity if Rooney had been playing. I also think that its just as much of a benefit losing without Rooney/Bentley as it would have been winning with them. They did damn well by themselves and I think that is something they can all be proud of and use to grow.

14. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yeah on the one hand it'd be great to pick the strongest squad possible, but then if we did then so would everyone else, not like we the only country who's 1st team is lead by youth prodigies, so it'd hardly assure us of any success...And quite frankly with the McSven reign of terror, Id happily sacrifice The Roon's place in an U21 tourney so we can see how well Lita, Nugent, Derbyshire etc do (sure McSven played Nugent but still...), coz not like the chump in charge is gonna give the kids much lookin when he can still pick Dyerbolical and Downingsyndrome for their 11000000th caps....
    But wasn't it refreshing to see the Lions worn with passion, even if the boys were played off the park at times at least they did so whilst TRYING!!!

15. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The ********ing mexican ********ing ref just cost us (canada) the ********ing game.

I'm really upset.

16. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Skools over

Beach was awesome

17. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    OH TAKE OFF!!
    [youtube]kh4k3L0WrEE[/youtube]

18. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    U-S-EH!

:D

I'm actually watching the replay right now on Rogers SportsNet here in Toronto.

Hopefully I'll be back to the states and somehow get my hands on tickets for the final.

19. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    The thing is, I am a full blown USMNT fan. But Canada got SCREWED over in that match.

PS xc, if I met you in a dark alley, I'd slap you right now. =p

20. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yea Kait I think ur opinion shud be clarified as in CANADIAN cents, sure it only lowers it's worth by a conceptual 0.2p GB, but I feel the deduction is warranted in principal!

21. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Hahaha! you are so sad!!

appleCORR

22. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a USA supporter at all just made me laugh how bad they played they got off easy really easy I wished Canada really put it to em cause the US play really cocky...Call me what you like I just think the USMNT needs to miss a World CUp and learn somethings cause they are playing inconsistent and well dumb ball...Whats up with Bob Bradley also back to his old Metro ways with the terrible substitutions a tad late?????

23. wxcblue

wxcblue Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Cardiff, Wales
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Henry has signed for barca according to spanish radio

24. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LE Arse is finally going to start fresh up top I see.

25. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's not enough satisfaction to just KNOW that it's in Canadian currency? ;]