Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - NSROT [12 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll get the iPhone once I make some $$$$$ I need to get an LCD tv and an audio system for my room so my 360 is kick arse.

2. cjump

cjump Member

Jul 31, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    £50 is what now? $100? thats not too bad. i paid nothing for my moto q because of some loyalty crap. it does everything i want it to. google maps, email, internet, wmp.

3. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I'm training with a team in the top division of our League Alliance but I have my trials for two semi-pro teams next month.

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can I just say that the british weather is pissing me right off :mad: the first day its dry enough to play without the risk of getting struck by lightening its too windy so my ball blows off all over the place when im trying to practice!

WHERE IS THE SUNSHINE?!

appleCORR

5. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't like warm weather I like it just around 45-60 little wind up for a trade? NYC is boiling not atm but it gets worse :mad:

6. Its Swanny

Its Swanny New Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Midwest, USA
    It's been over 90 the past week here.

Freaking terrible.

7. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And it gets a lot worse here...:mad:

Playing on turf here is hell since almost every field now made of the shite your freaking boiled and burned by the end of the day. Thank God my tryouts are on a grass field and a bit later in the day cause its terrible...

8. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I can imagine that would be hell. We've just had really bad storms here and really heavy rain for the past week. I want my summer!

appleCORR

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

I just trained for three hours in this weather, and scored an absolute screamer in the match at the end...reminiscent of Alan Shearer's volley against Everton :D

10. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just finished my Algebra II and Spanish final

So 2 more to go Euro Lit and Econ

11. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Yea FFS apps man it up, sked of a little wind and rain, wot r u, sum kind of girl?

12. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    england is shit, especially weather wise

what was the deal with a scorching april but a crap may and june

theyve been wetter than case when he sees a pair of jordan xiii retros

13. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    haha, tho for the record Im saving myself for a pair of aqua VII's.... tho early samples suggest they butchered the retro (AGAIN!!!)...

14. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Had my tryouts pulled something so I could not got 100% but I still was faster then most guys and I played decent I think :eek:

15. kaitster

kaitster New Member

Nov 2, 2006
    North Carolina
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can you take a picture of your entire jordan collection? I'll pay you $1 USD :p

16. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My team is still training for Germany.

We have done fitness for a while which sucks but its good b/c we will need it.

17. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lucky I pulled something and I'm usually quite fit I can still got about 90% but some muscle one the back of my foot around the knee area pulled and its a b*tch :mad:

18. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Sorry Kait, my collection is faaaaaaaaar to insignificant and meidocre to show a tar heelian such as urself, pretty sure u'd just throw up double the kicks I got of ones u haven't thrown out!

Rant warning, those of a sensitive, politically correct or not exceptionally bored nature, DO NOT READ THE PROCEEDING POST!!!!!

19. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    Rarely have I been sooooo proud to be English. It’s not the done thing, what with my nation being famous for a) posh pomposity or b) chavthug tw@ts, but I’ve always been proud of MY England, which naturally includes MY England footy team.
    The pride and heart of our U21s has me full of patriotism and in awe. A ridiculous UEFA ruling (heard that b4) NOT to wipe out yellow cards after the group stage had 6 of our lads go into the game facing suspension for a final should they get a booking whilst progressing. But as ever, refereeing incompetence screws over the 3 lions…..
    WHY OH WHY that chump German, after cowering with his head in the sand as the Serbs near-rioted in the last group game, only to book a player from either side so as to try and appease peeps, why that coward was rewarded with a semi of a international tourney I’ll never know. Sure we had some luck, and the fact that said chump gave free-kicks needlessly everytime a striker went near a defender, except the time Lita rolled his marker to score (ironically from a free-kick for a carbon-copy foul the other end), but the ref proceeds to deliberately let Dutch players slide on yellows if they were in danger of missing the final, only to book the aptly-named Noble in a “letter of the law” scenario. Noble, whoever the hell he is, impressed the hell out of me as he manned up and got on with it. Reo-Coker, despite his less than admirable conduct in his recent club career, was outstanding, and when he also picked up a suspension, he got on his “Roy Keane at Juve” ish and lead his nation by example.
    The irony of conceding a goal whilst a defender is injured is not lost on me (after the events of our 2nd versus the Serbs), but notably Steven “Case’s new hero” Taylor acted like a man (note to certain others) and got up, manned up, summoned all the man in him and manned the F out of the game, even when the equaliser went in he was hopping round in agony trying to defend.
    On topic of irony, Ashley Young ****-****** the last Dutchy skipper, only to get body checked in the most professional way (resulting in a free-kick rather than a pen) in a major euro game had me despising Ronald McDonald Koeman all over again (fat cheating prick). Lita rattled the post, but the chance was hardly comprable to the 1 on 1 that Young would have faced.
    The one down point is Onuaha, however it’s spelt and whoever he is. I was never convinced by the least athletic looking non-football playing international I never heard of, and even if Psycho as his club manager would have demanded he put his Citeh future ahead of the day (yea right, like Patriot Pearce would do that) how that kid can live with himself, cowarding off the field in extra time when u used all ur subs and Taylor has been limping in agony for near half hour, well lets just say he could do with a semester at Man College is all…
    Milner deserves credit, as he also dealt with the Gazza situ when he got carded, and there we are, facing the obligatory pens against the home nation with a Germanian blowing the whistle. Naturally their Keeper "Waterboy" or whatever his fechin name was is allowed to run up and punch the English players in the face as they take their pens, whilst Carson is confined to stay on his line as the rules dictate. Getting through 9 pen takers equally, the incompetant ref seems to be letting Young take a 2nd pen although Taylor hadn’t taken one, according to Psycho the ref infact said Taylor had to go off the pitch and wasn’t allowed to take one. The Dutchy manager rightfully complained, and further showing his lack of backbone, made Taylor take one. He manned up (even further, unbelievably) and hammered it home. As is the way we got knocked out in the end, but not b4 the ref let the Dutchies change their order for the 2nd go-round.
    In truth, with both our Centre-mids banned, and Shoulders Mcwide (Huddlestone) banned from an earlier game, as well as Milner, and injuries to our 2 starting centre-halves, it’s prolly for the best coz those Serbs hate us enough without the opportunity to extract revenge against our embarrassingly weakened team. This way we can remember ourselves as the valiant who went against adversity and incompetence and almost achieved the unthinkable.
    Skipper John Terry Jnr, sorry Taylor was interviewed after the game and asked how much pain he played thru, offering him the chance to blow his own trumpet. He’s too man to be blowing any trumpets, and dismissed it straight off “doesn’t matter, at end of day the boys did themselves proud” type stuff. MANLY McMannedup!
    Fans of Onuaha will be glad to hear his injury isn’t thought to be career ending, although the amount of sand in his vagina is believed to have caused nasty chaffing bordering on a rash…..
    I’ll end this pro-patriotism rant on a question, if you’re Matty Derbyshire, having gone through this, when you return to Rovers for pre-season training, what do you say to Bentlel? Or do you just blank him, as after all you wouldn’t want him exerting himself and getting tired…..

20. amdmaxx

amdmaxx Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Whats the point of having Apple shares when u r dropping $1800 on 3 phones that will be outdated in about 2 years? you aint making money on the shares by buying iphones..
    :)

21. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You will in a way your helping boost a stock that is going to go up a lot....Plus the phone is miles ahead of other phones end of story.

22. RoseTown

RoseTown New Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Santa Rosa
    To tell you truth, I don't really care because it's my dad buying the phones...not me! :D

9 more days!

23. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Sorry that people just brushed over your post Case, I thought that was one of the most intelligent and factual assessments of the under 21's that I have seen. It is quite embarassing for the national team that I hold a f*cking hell of a lot more respect for our u21's than the seniors. Those kids represented English football with dignity and played their hearts out in the face of adversity. I for one will be proud to welcome them back even after defeat. Remember, penalties decide who the winner is, not the better team, and if teams won on the basis of heart and guts our u21's would be World Champions let alone Euro champions.

I repped your post fella.

24. theatre_of_dreamz

theatre_of_dreamz New Member

Apr 19, 2007
    im gonna hafta seconed(or third) u guys there
    i saw the U21's play slovakia a few weeks ago they played with incredible pace and confidence
    n i said to myself i think the U21's are better than the senior side
    n the performance against holland definately proves it
    sure they were outplayed for the last half hour
    but they sure as hell showed a lot more heart than the seniors would have
    but losing on pks in a semi final again... thats gotta be a ridiculous curse

25. Skizz

Skizz Guest

It is bad - fact though, Holland and England are the two worst teams in shootouts, and Holland won that one so we must be useless. How we lost that shootout when the team had practised pens EVERY DAY in training...it is a curse.