Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - NSROT [12 - R]

Discussion in 'Equipment and Gear Off Topic' started by Skizz, Jun 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    examples of clever word play

"im DOWN RIGHT FIERCE like a HADOOKEN"

"standin on mcdonalds the only way u be on top of the food chain'

"Hammers is all cocked
    So many Makaveli mini-me's in the game it's a ********ing outbreak of small pox/pacs"

"Kick her out the house with no blouse, Capris on slouch
    I ain't ******** I just poked at her throat like a Capri sun pouch"

"You won't have a chance to cyph' once I advance
    Cuz I no longer rock the mic, nowadays I avalanche"

"Give me six minutes, teams a stripped gimmicks
    I don't wanna be mainstream, I wanna PISS in it"

"I'll eat you twice, invite you back for thirds to lose
    Try again and get ate 4 times like 32"

etc etc

thats clever word play imo

and thats only a couple of examples

2. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    heh, I liked his 2nd round beat down, but to me LL got the KO with his verse on 4321

Rakim I'll give u, hands down an intellectual giant...
    G Rap I gotta admit alls I ever listen to is "Talk like sex" and I judge him on that (ergo always think he's a novelty rapper, but I do guess he must be more as he is always gettin shouted out by bigtime names)
    Deck and Gza, well can't say know too much about either. Liquid Swords was tight, never checked back since. Deck, hold my hands up to say I wudn't know who dude was!

I agree about the BS Kanye spits about the sierra leone stuff, but when he tails off and goes onto other topics (ie how great he is) he has some smart wordplay, that line about the flow being anemic throw hands up like u bolemic, im always gonna mark for that ish! Plus he talks about industry gossip, which in the wwf days of rap is pretty much the most interesting stuff there is! I was killin myself trying to figure out how much truth/work went into the whole Jigga and B stuff, and Kanye speaking his mind on the whole Dame-J issue was so contemporary and relevant, I guess by intelligent I mean INTERESTING! Saying that even the diamonds stuff has been deliberatley dropped as a juxtaposition between what he knows to be moral and his human desires (tho I doubt it is truthfully in the souls of black people to rock gold...), and the laugh I get when the "please buy conflict-free diamonds" msg comes up at the end of the vid, coz it's soooo relevant to the audience!

greatest mc, Id say Chino XL (if only he had more than 1 style, he does it to death but is better than anyone else ever at it) so Rakim

well obviously PJ from his "...& Duncan/Grove Matrix" days.

as for your last post, thats on sum lyricists lounge/wild'n'out ish, great stuff but doesn't necessitate a great song, perhaps the point I've been failing to make is Kanye generally comes out with bars that are Bs and Cs, rarely does he hit an A but then doesn't suffer from the inconsistency that many "spot" rappers do...

3. shrtysskat8

shrtysskat8 Member

Aug 3, 2005
    Chicago
    is there any love for immortal technique?

but on that topic though, i think kanye is one of the better artists in the industry these days, but thats not saying much. Hip hop overall has been going downhill.
    Also, you guys dont regard dr.dre as one of the best producers ever? i think he should be one of the top ones on the lists

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

That's Kanye's problem. Yes, he can rap and so on, but the fact he talks crap just ruins half the songs he's in. His arrogance is different to other rappers, he just moans about how hard done by he is and that's what pisses me off.

And TBM, I was on about mainstream producers when I made that list.

5. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    for me, im not buying into mainstream us shit anymore. im tired of repetitive recycled rubbish and same old same old subjects. i do believe kanye has found his noose in an increasingly pop culture that is now hip-hop. 10 years ago, he wouldnt have lasted 5 minutes!

i personally prefer my underground rappers. i see bigman has mentioned a few names of note. necro, immortal teqnique etc. i can understand why it wouldnt be a lot of peoples cup of tea, its rather hardcore, but generally its really good well constructed hip-hop. q-unique, non-phixion to name a few and a name that generally gets forgotten that is one of my fave all time us mc's, big l. now to me, he was as fluid as a rapper got. very clever man indeed.

im personally big on my uk stuff. i have been for quite some time, since ive been long fed up to listening to the rubbish us has been serving us. its more relevant to me, i can relate to a uk artist more than some twat who has made millions doing nothing. by that i dont mean that grime shit, im talking klash, kyza, skriblah, terra firma generally, task force, jehst the list could go on and on. md7 theres so many, its not all good dont get me wrong, but i do believe its better than the mainstream stuff.

6. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    ok skizz i thought so and case fair points

i used to like technique but his conspiracy stuff gets very repetative and boring, but i guess its a big market to tap because theres alot of conspiracy nutters out there

vexed i love my uk stuff too, most recently got lifes new album. pretty decent

nappas stepped up on the production

7. Mr Vexed

Mr Vexed New Member

Jun 23, 2006
    The Endz, LDN
    see i like lewis parker as well, very very BIG!

8. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    lewis makes some dope beats but his mcing skills aint that nice

its all happening now is a great album

9. red & wite army

red & wite army I ain't no drama queen!

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I was supposed to be studying for final year exams...except I spent more time with girls (one of them being a shit influence), and with it came alcohol, parties, etc...Now it's holidays and I'm being made to do extra Science and Maths because of my shit marks...

ON a side note, can anybody think of a much bigger flop in recent times then Boulahrouz for Chelsea?

10. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Massimo Taibi
    Titus Bramble

Saying that, Boulacrap makes Baptista look like signing of the century...

11. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    not in the same vein, but u gotta say money paid per-game Michael Owen to Toon and Jonathen Woodergate to Madrid were hardly bargains!

Booze-a-lose was certainly pooh, but his shoddyness was well hidden by the hyper-flops of bollacx and shevnogo

12. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    What has happened to Hatem Trabelsi as well? He took an age to get a move to the Premiership, and since he got to Man City and scored that cracker in the derby, I haven't seen him at all...

13. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    hes been released i think r and w

14. red & wite army

Jan 15, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Bloody hell - from being a promising player and an Arsenal target just a few season's back, he's dropped down a fair bit. Then again, Steven Pienaar managed to dominate Paddy around that time and get a lot of attention - and look where he is now...up for sale by BVB.

15. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    i guess players just peak and peter out sometimes?

16. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Shevechenko and Ballack
    :D I kid They should do well this season

17. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Onyewu or w/e for N'castel as a loan.
    That guy a few years back for MUFC Brazilian forget his name in my head atm..

18. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Kleberson I think thats how you spell it. He was RUBBISH!

appleCORR

19. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rubbish played a total of what 90 minutes??? :eek:

Piece of shite.

20. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well Loans arent a waste but if your talking about bad loans

Júlio Baptista-> Arsenal

21. Devil500

Devil500 New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Section 101
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Gouch failed end of story.

22. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    *Cough Danny *Cough* Cadamarteri * Cough

23. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Oh wow, remember him!! He was meant to be the next big thing wasn't he?!

Is he actually playing for anyone now?!

appleCORR

24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    yeah like some division 2 side i think aps

i remember he scored one good goal where he ran from the halfway line lol

25. Case

Case Member

May 5, 2004
    Cambridge, England
    My car died today, I've become disillusioned (moreso) with everything....