Happy Holidays and Offseason Stuff#2

Discussion in 'Sporting Kansas City' started by RobbHeineman, Dec 22, 2010.

1. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Know what, I think I've just found the best solution:

This message is hidden because Wizardscharter is on your ignore list.

2. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is a message board. One of the primary reasons for message boards is to debate and share opposing viewpoints.

Regardless, it isnt the job of moderators to guide conversation a certain direction unless the thread has gotten offtopic or their are TOS violations which there was none.

3. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And on that note I think this thread is officially beyond saving...

4. Kot Matroskin

Kot Matroskin Member+

Aug 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    It comes in pints?! I'm getting one...

[​IMG]

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suppose it is possible that some nasty comments and personal attacks may have been made after I made my last deleted post. If that is the case, then I apologize profusely for leaping to conclusions. However, I do know that there was nothing worthy of deletion in my posts or in Wizardscharter's post that I quoted, yet they were deleted. No insults, no personal attacks, no profanity (which seems to be tolerated anyway), no talk of breaking laws, no threats, no spam.

First off, this particular thread doesn't really have a topic of discussion, it was just a missive from the CEO telling us what's in the pipeline. Debating the efficacy of this type of communication is not off topic, nor is it abusive, nor will it stop Robb from communicating with the forum members in the future.

Second, conversations sometimes wind in different directions, and there can be multiple branches of the conversation taking place at once. That's just the way it is, it's not necessarily linear.

Thirdly, if you think the wheels of the thread are wobbling, you have only to say so; we'll either say "Right you are" and get back in order, or we'll tell you why we think you're off base. It's one thing when it's "F- you" No, f-you", "I'm going to burn your house down," where you can just start carding people, but when it's not clear what the spirit of the posts are, you can always warn the posters and/or ask for clarification.

6. Abracadabra

Abracadabra BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 11, 2006
    Olathe, Kansas
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now. We were discussing, I believe, the recruitment of foreign talent vs developing American talent, and whether the former might have deleterious effects on the latter. It's not a new argument, but I've always thought that I'd like to have 4 of my most promising American outfield players surrounded by 6 reasonably experienced internationals. I think their learning curve would be staggering, and if you can produce 4 everyday starters that way, you're ahead of the curve.

See, two discussions at once, FTW. :)

7. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You say our job is "custodian only of TOS rules". In my opinion that's what Vividox was doing. In his opinion your baiting post did that. As a Moderator it's his job to make that determination.

As far as the rest of your post, grow up. It's not all about you.

8. SombraAla

SombraAla Member+

Apr 2, 2006
    Waldo (Kansas City)
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Crazy attempt to get this back on topic, as I did have something to do with the original derailment.

Robb/Anyone else, more info about this? I find this especially exciting. I must say that I never realized just how much I care about player development/academies and whatnot until this stuff started happening in MLS. Now I look at it as something only second to trophies as importance (ok, so maybe also third to the team involvement in the community, if you felt like that was separate from player development).

Which is something totally different than my involvement with all the other sports teams I follow, so it's a strange/new thing for me. Weird.

9. Felixx219

Felixx219 BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 8, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This.

I just have to ask to post a warning and/or ask for some clarification in the future before just deleting post. I have never really seen that kind of action taken in our forum before. It just seems out of character for the way our team forum works. I dont remember anything in any of the post that deserved such a stern action.

But, it is over with and that's that.

I like the point about American talent. One of the primary purposes of this league is to develop American players.

With that said, I want to win and if Vermes and staff think that scouting overseas is the way to do it, then it is what it is. But, it seems like we have had some costly acquisitions such as Marinelli, Escobar, and others that didnt pan out.

There are some undiscovered gems in this country. As with any profession, there are people out there that could be the top of their profession and were never discovered.

I know Goal! is a movie but there are players in this country playing in parks that could very well make an MLS roster and start. Hell, there are probably guys that could go to EPL. It is just a matter of finding those players which I know is not easy to do.

10. slashersfc

slashersfc Member

Sep 1, 2006
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is why I am excited about the juniors and a potential residential academy. There are so many millions of athletically inclined kids in this country; that have the potential to be great but either dont get the attention and development, or are off playing other sports. I see the academies as a way to bridge that gap, to develop more American kids into top quality soccer players.

The problem is that is a long term goal, and we need center backs for next season. I view our current major influx of internationals as a temporary solution, a stop gap until we have academies that are pumping out quality players year after year.

11. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    This was exactly the intention.

It's hard to not feel justified in my actions when the mods have seen this so many times before.

12. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Couldn't find a better thread for it, so as my girlfriend would say, Merry Christmas y'all.

13. Wizardscharter

Wizardscharter New Member

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    It never has been about me, nor was it a "baiting post". It's easier to say crap like that when weilding the power of delete, isn't it?

For those who missed it, in two deleted posts I APPROVED of RH posting signing info. In one I asked if anyone had issues with it. I thought but didn't post that RH's actiom could be seen as either media manipulation or maybe giving away negotiation advantages of privacy.

But some knee-jerk people see that as bing about me. Hmm, two approvals and a query about opinions of others.

Yep, clearly it's all about me... If it is, it's certainly not me driving the bus.

14. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Justified isn't a word you should ever have to apply if you are actually moderating.

It's disgusting that a Mod should think it allowable to first imagine a negative and then judge that previous dissenting opinions should be lumped together and then both minimized as unwarranted and then labeled as bad conduct or something this board is somehow above.

That's closer to lobbiest than moderator. My post or anyone else's, it's disgusting.

15. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO

16. KCFutbol

KCFutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 14, 2001
    Overland Park, KS
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I didn't delete anything. If you're going to to criticize a moderator for moderating, at least get the correct moderator. But then you never fail to remember things, do you? :rolleyes:

And yes, it's about you. You and your giant ego that needs to be fed by your "dumps". You believe yourself to be the expert on any and all subjects. Get down off of your high horse and live among the mere mortals for a while.

17. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    These conversations should NOT be held in this thread. If you have a problems with what happened, send a PM. If you really have a problem with it, send a PM to a super mod. In either case, there is no reason to be subjecting the entire forum to this continued drama.

18. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    eh, this is about as good as our regular offseason stuff (hell, it basically is our regular offseason stuff), especially after the sideways-at-best overhaul of the franchise image. i mean, we go from shit that most fans didn't care for to new shit that most fans don't care for. why should our forum be any different?

19. wz187

wz187 Member

Aug 30, 2006
    You can't say that in this forum... Don't worry, nobody is listening anyway

20. Wizardscharter

Jul 25, 2001
    Blue Springs, MO
    Who mentioned you by name, I didn't.

I think MODs acting moderatly helps a board. If you take that personally, then maybe there's a reason to.

No projection to see here folks, move along...

Wow.

21. vividox

vividox Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 10, 2005
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Take it to PMs. Now. I will delete all subsequent posts on the topic.

22. morry

morry Member

Jun 17, 2006
    Denver- Captial Hill
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    and because i've not been around and because I probably don't say it enough- thanks for the update Robb