Happy Holidays & a Kickie 2012!

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by kickinthehead, Dec 26, 2011.

1. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    What's this? No holiday thread?

I do realize that most of you are currently engaged in heavy drinking, gluttonous excesses, heavy family fights and the breaking up of relationships, but how about a little holiday cheer?

xoxo,
    Kickie

2. SiberianThunderT

Sep 21, 2008
    DC
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

That holiday-spirited enough for ya? ^.^

3. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    And others of 'us' are just now recovering from weeks of devotion and enforced monasticism, capped off by various trials by fire. We emerge from our cloister, stumbling and blinking and dazed, into the sunshine of Hope and the promise of Rebirth in the New Year... (in other words final exams are over and I passed, hooray!)

4. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy 5th Day of Christmas, 3rd day of Kwanzaa, and a happy Hanukkah just ended.

And a good New Year :D

5. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006

Congratulations! I heard you finally passed the entrance exam for the Uppsala Fine School of Culinary Arts. It's no easy feat getting egg yolks to center, and I applaud you for it. Don't be embarrassed it took you three tries to pass.

6. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Why thanks, kick. Three tries? More like three years, but I am now the proud owner of a Perfectly Useless Skill.

How are you doing in these post-Biggie days, anyway? Have you given up on Team Germany yet? Have you found a new, younger, cuter, fitter player to follow in 2012? Or is it simply impossible that anyone could ever replace the Prinz of your heart?

Oh wait, a 'younger, cuter, fitter player', that would be, like, all of 'em. Sorry for being imprecise.

7. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Specifically for Bonnie, and a little for all of you if she's willing to share. ;)

A happy and healthy 2012 with many of your wishes coming true (and a typo :cool:)

[​IMG]

8. kickinthehead

kickinthehead Member

Mar 17, 2006
    It hasn't been easy. But when I get really low, I put on Whitney Houston's Greatest Hits and sing my heart out with Iyyyeeeee will alwayaaaaaaaays lu-uh-uh-uh-uh-ve youuuuuuuue. The neighbor has been complaining but I think she secretly loves it.

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I've searched my living room for the surveillance equipment, but haven't found it, damn you! In other words, you're just about to see me have my Hogmanay dinner. Happy debauched New Year, my pretties!

10. jocasta

jocasta Member+

Oct 11, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    And a peaceful and prosperous 2012 to you as well. But r.e. the typo... hmm. Give us a hint. Does is have to do with either gender or pluralization?

Psst, kick: you are just making things harder on yourself. Try something more fitting to your personality and vocal range, like the 'Confutatis' from Mozart's 'Requiem', perhaps.

kick's good at hiding her bugs, isn't she? I think she works for the NSA or something. She once complimented me on my new Christmas sweater when I had it on, and I couldn't find her cameras either. I was so freaked out that I moved to another country.

And a happy Hogmanay to you too (I at least had to go look it up). From the wikipedia entry: a comedian says "In Scotland, New Year's is called Hogmanay. And it is a time when people who can inspire awe in the IRISH for the amount of ALCOHOL that they drink decide to RAMP IT UP a notch." Sounds fun! (especially the part with the whirling fire balls)

If you're a vegetarian, do you call the holiday 'Tofumanay'?

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I can't see that hints will help. How about you look up "erflüllten" and see what you get? Hint, since you insist: one "l" too many.

If you heard it pronounced, you'd know it was more like "Hug-man-ay". In which case, you might be looking at "Slap-man-ay", which is very tempting in my present mood.

12. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oh, surely that's too difficult - there are three "l"s in that word.

(And googling doesn't help; you get loads of hits. :p)