Hans Dieter Flick becomes NT assistant trainer

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  2. prymetyme

prymetyme Member

Aug 20, 2005
    Vallendar
    I find it a bit random, but I guess Loew and Klinsi's moves were that to begin with. Making the head of sports a hockey coach :rolleyes:

I dont know much about him but is the assistant at Salzburg under Lothar Matthäus which is comforting. Only time will tell what his impact is, but I think its important for Loew especially since the expectations are so high that he has someone he feels comfortable with at his side. It's still a sad thing to talk about Klinsi off the sidelines, but hopefully he will at least move back to Germany and away from that she devil that stole him from us :D :p

3. Borussia

Borussia Member+

Jun 5, 2006
    Fürth near Nuremberg
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Hansi Flick did a great job as manager of the 3rd league team TSV Hoffenheim (near Heidelberg) a few years ago and was Trapattoni's co-manager in Salzburg lately.

He's not that experienced...but I think he's the right choice for Jogi Löw.

PS: Are there any Bayern fans who remember Flick as Bayern player? ;)

4. SergioBarten

SergioBarten New Member

Aug 12, 2006
    i've heard about him playing in bayern...

5. Cazlon

Cazlon Member

Aug 17, 2005
    Pretoria/Berlin
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    Well, he can form complete sentences, answer simple yes/no questions and isn't a DSF expert. Sounds like the perfect man for the job, seeing the competition.