Hanna Barbera Cup 2008 Vol II [R]

Discussion in 'Mexico: Club Cups and Competitions' started by Chiquitibum, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OliverAtom

OliverAtom Member

Jul 19, 2007
    Sector 7 Slums
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    El Vicepresidente rojiblanco, dijo que "al inicio del partido me notificaron una cosa, peleo con ellos (organizadores de la Superliga) hasta el minuto 15 del partido y me dicen, tienes razón, luego al minuto 35 me dicen no espérate porque ya tomamos una posición oficial de los organizadores y nos notifican oficialmente en lo que queda (en caso de perder Chivas por 2-0, quedaban eliminados)", puntualizó.

http://mediotiempo.com/noticia/61085/la-posicion-oficial-se-le-dijo-a-chivas-al-35/

2. Hector_Huerta

Hector_Huerta Member

May 2, 2007
    Espn
    How bad did Michel get injured ?

This is why I dont like this Mickey mouse tourneys. Just like last year when Insua got injured. Seems Chivas had to learn the hard way

3. Differ

Differ Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    He's out for about 4-5 months with a broken forearm.

Our f.o. doesn't tend to learn from their mistakes so look for Chivas in the Superliga 09 :mad:

4. invisible_shadow

Jul 15, 2007
    Club:
    Pachuca CF
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Please no more Superliga.

I just can't understand why this is a win or die situation for the soccer mom league fans.Are they this desperate to close the "gap" between Mexican football and theirs??

5. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    Add to that Cruz Azul they always rejected the idea of playing on it, and Pumas also said no to the invitation.

Pocho was injured in the Interliga in January not the Hanna Barbera.

And about the Michel injury, I understand the anger from chivas' fans and I always considered this friendly tourny a joke, and it's nothing more than a "feel good" competition for he MSL fans, but that injury could've happened in a training session, it's not completely the Hanna Barbera Cup''s fault.

6. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Damn this cup really is a Mickey Mouse cup.

7. martincruz88

martincruz88 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    this tournament is a joke. whoever organizes this tournament should use the rules that fifa uses on its tiebreakers. it takes a rocket scientist to figure out who goes on and who goes home in case of a tiebreaker. just stick to the damn goal difference because i was still trying to figure out after the game why atlante got through on a worse goal difference than chivas. as a whole this tournament is crap. from the crappy fields, to the amateurish refereeing from concacaf to the low prize of a million dollars. this tournament has to go, it has no significant meaning but to the mls clubs in my opinion

8. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    gol de Pachuca.

9. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    The weird thing is, the injury happened against Atlante, with a Mexican ref, so could have just as easily happened in Mexico.

As to the tiebreaker, I was just as surprised in 06-07 Liga season when I realized Real Madrid had the tiebreaker on Barcelona because of head to head before goal differential. It may not be FIFA's preferred method, but Superliga isn't the only one doing it.

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Santos has tied it up.

11. AMEPUNKANIST

AMEPUNKANIST Member+

Dec 16, 2003
    Club:
    America Propria
    santos and pachuca have the worst uniforms.

12. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    The FMF should put a limit on the amount of sponsors.

Just more evidence that shows how much the FMF and directivos care about the money and how little they care about the fans.

Those jerseys are unwearable.

13. CheveLoco

CheveLoco Member

Apr 19, 2005
    San Diego, CA
    Im surprised they didnt find a way to have the teams from the same country play each other so they could have a mls vs mfl final for sure...

14. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's exactly how the La Liga and the EPL work, I'm not sure about the others..

15. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    It looks like goal differential was tied anyway, but Pachuca passed this year because of their head to head win against CUSA.

16. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Ghey. Barca would have won La Liga that year on goal differential easily.

But I guess thats how MLS wants to close the gap. "We use the same ghey tiebreaker La Liga uses...we're so up there with the Europeans:cool:"

17. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Whatever bro I think its a better way to do it. They end up with the same points then you look to see how they did against eachother.

Anyway, Michel took a serious "L"

How many of you here have ever had a "Michelada"

18. gto_dyablo

gto_dyablo New Member

May 5, 2008
    Idaho
    I was looking at the tabla de grupos for the Superliga 2008.

Tabla de Grupos

So if Atlante advanced because of the head to head, why should Chivas not advance over Houston Dynamo. Chivas beat Houston.

Somebody explain that to me.

19. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Good question

20. el-choul

el-choul Member+

Apr 17, 2006
    DC
    Tiebreakers:
    1-Head to head
    2-Goal differential
    3-Whatever

If 2 or more teams are tied in points, they go through the tiebreaker until one team is deemed superior. Then they begin again at the first tiebreaker with the remaining teams. With Houston, Chivas, and Atlante tied with 6 points, they went to tiebreaker #1. Chivas beat Houston, Houston beat Atlante, Atlante beat Chivas. No clear winner so go to tiebreaker #2. Houston had better goal differential so qualify to semis. At this point, they return to tiebreaker #1 (rather than just rank the three when they got to goal differential), and Atlante beat Chivas on head to head.

Besides the order of the tiebreakers, the ridiculous part was that the organizers themselves weren't clear on the rules, and gave Chivas different interpretations on who would qualify depending on when and which Chivas official asked.

21. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    Wow nice catch.

I can't believe nobody had mentioned that before.

22. elvasco

elvasco 100% Americanista

Sep 10, 2006
    The first tie-breaker in the Premiership is goal difference, not head-to-head.

23. DGreat

DGreat Moderator
    Staff Member

CD Guadalajara
    Mexico
    Oct 5, 2007
    El Ombligo
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    i never thought about it, hmmm but you see dynamo this tournament is corrupt and the dynamo pull cash for the mls, if three mexican teams go to the semifinals then it wouldn't "sell." Now there is a "rivalry" where the dynamo fans can jack off too and say this is there rivals :rolleyes:

24. Mexecutioner

Mexecutioner Member

Jun 21, 2007
    DC
    dynamo-pachuca and dc-chivas are the rivalries to end all rivalries :rolleyes:

25. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    I just wanted to mention that if anyone is at fault for Michel's injury is the guy at the far right side of the wall.

After watching the tape a couple times I realized that Maldonado's shot whizzed by the defenders foot, all he had to do was stick his foot out and it would've deflected anywhere, instead the defender made a half ass attempt to do his job and it ended up costing the team.

I'm not sure who the guy was but if anyone has time, go look at the tape and find out who he is because that's some pathetic defending and should be demoted to the bench for the whole season, just like Michel.