Hands Off Abbey & A Follow-Up on Etch (Wynalda, MLSNet.com)

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by McOwen, Oct 26, 2003.

1. VLAD

VLAD New Member

Jan 11, 2001
    VIENNA, VA
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by sch2383
    It comes from the Greek word "apologia" meaning "defense of". This comes from the "Apologia Sokratous" or (Defense Of Socrates) by Plato.

So when you are a Marco Apologist, it means you are always defending Marco.

I think you watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" way too many times!!!!

2. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Actually its called Philosophy 201.

3. Benedict XVI

Benedict XVI Member

Nov 22, 1999
    Ciudad del Encanto
    Club:
    Lisburn Distillery FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's kind of off base, since the same could be said about Harkes, and since our trophies came when the league was a lot less talented...

Wynalda was a great talent, was a field player playing in a top European league, all-time national team leader in goals, and was USMNT player on the decade for the 1990's. It's not like we're talking about [insert obscure late 80's-early 90's national teamer here].

4. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Funny I read that on BS all the time, but how many times have any MLS team won an Interamerican Cup? The fact that Los Angeles is the only other MLS team to win a CONCACAF should tell people how much talented the league is now than it was back then...

:D

Second division in Deutchland!?!

Lot of goals from the National team playing against powerhouses such as St. Thomas, etc. :rolleyes:

Wynalda is a WANKER!

5. McOwen

McOwen Member

Jun 13, 2000
    Retirement Community
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Your right Jose. I would still put that team against any team you have had before or since in MLS and laugh my ass off as Tony Sanneh and the rest beat you to a bloody pulp.

Saying 1996 or 1997 was less relevant might carry some weight but claiming that teams from 1998 onward are worse is pure rubbish... If anything PARITY is diminishing the level of play as of late.