Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 7, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    That's the same thing. And if it goes badly, I will wave to them as they join me in the camps.

The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  2. luftmensch

luftmensch Member+

United States
    May 4, 2006
    Petaluma
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

3. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Misread the article, thanks, it said Hilary lost by 10k votes not Biden.

4. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    So, very approximately, a 75k swing will mean that Trump wins it. 101,449 voted "uncommitted" in the Democratic primary.

5. celito

celito Moderator
    Staff Member

Palmeiras
    Brazil
    Feb 28, 2005
    USA
    Club:
    Palmeiras Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    There is a good chance these uncommitted voters will still vote for Biden (assuming they voted in 2020). They are voting uncommitted on a primary that is meaningless and has no real consequence. They want to send a message they are not happy with the current situation, but it doesn't mean they won't still vote for Biden when Trump is his opponent.

6. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    If you are that terrified that the Muslim vote will lead to a Trump win, you should be doing everything you can to cause the Biden administration to change course.

Because I've never, ever seen this level of rage and anger among American Muslims: right now, voting for Biden seen as tantamount to treason.

7. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    Muslims in America shouldn’t be that surprised to see a US president supporting Israel though. It’s been the US position going back decades. And while their anger is valid, do they really think they’d be better off with Trump? Trump has already issued a “Muslim ban.” Nobody had even heard of such a thing.

8. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    This is exactly how black voters disenfranchised themselves in Georgia for years and then when they finally started organising, discovered that structural antidemocratic legislation limits their ability to out organise it.

Disenfranchising yourself is the lazy thing to do. Get organised and work for the policy changes.

If you simply don't vote, everyone can ignore your voice.

Naughtius Maximus repped this.
  9. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    While this provides the legal basis for continuing the war it only goes so far.

Israel is in occupation of large parts of Gaza and as such is responsible for the civilians there. Also it must conduct the war in a proportionate manner. When 95% of the international community has broken ranks with you over the your conduct of the war, perhaps that is because you are acting illegitimately?

This is not some bleeding heart liberals saying this - it is the likes of Biden and Baerbock whose countries are still providing weapons.

10. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    It's Jill Stein logic.

You ''punish' Clinton for accepting corporate donations and set the climate struggle back by a decade. Galaxy brain.

Quakes05 repped this.
  11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I think most would find themselves in the first two categories. If you were a Biden voter turned off by his Gaza policy, I can't imagine you running into Trump's arms.

12. PJ234

PJ234 Member

DC united
    United States
    Oct 17, 2021
    Lol true

13. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV

I have to agree with this to a certain extent.
    Biden is fully supporting Bibi, leaving the U.S. increasingly isolated internationally and in return he does not even seem to have enough leverage to get the aid through.
    So yes, having to air drop in aid would be ********ing embarrassing.

14. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Eh, I think only a limited percentage turned off by Biden over Gaza will instead give their vote to Trump.
    So I think Trump needs well over 100K Biden voters from 2020 to stay home.
    I do think it's possible for him to lose Michigan through a combination of loss of Muslim-American support and the youth vote cooling on him.
    e.g. that much discussed YouGov poll had 34% of the 18-29 age group express that they found the Israeli response too harsh. Biden won 60% of that age group in Michigan in 2020. If that drops down closer to 50%, Biden probably can't win the state.

15. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Can, and will.

16. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Aren't airdrops simply a PR stunt for the cameras? People are saying, 'something must be done' so Biden's saying, 'Look, we're doing something'.

Frankly it's a rather sick joke.

Mike03 and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  17. The Dutch generation, who personally were about a month from dying by millions because of starvation, were saved by the air droppings by the allied forces close to the end of the war in what is now referred to as the "Hongerwinter", is almost completey gone.
    In my family now only one remains, who has experienced both the bombing of Rotterdam by the nazi regime and the hungerwinter.
    I'm disgusted of what's going on in Gaza, can't imagine what these Gaza images would have caused in reliving the trauma experienced.
    My dear aunt, who died 1.5 years ago was shot at as a 7 yo girl by German soldiers, while she and others were desperately looking for fuel and food.
    upload_2024-3-1_13-13-38.jpeg
    upload_2024-3-1_13-14-23.jpeg

18. upload_2024-3-1_13-18-20.jpeg
    upload_2024-3-1_13-21-12.jpeg
    We have in Rotterdam a monument to remember that life bringing Operation Manna and Chowhound.

It's bloody disgusting we see the urgent need for such an operation today, while in fact an ally simply can give access to the starving people to us over the road.

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, they just won't turn out at all. It's extremely unlikely they'll vote for DTH.

They're aren't enough of them to make a difference anyway. It's not like in some places over here where 20% of the voters are Muslims.

We just had the Rochdale byelection where that's the case and it was won by this guy....

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2024/mar/01/george-galloway-wins-rochdale-byelection

The official labour candidate had the whip withdrawn when he came out with some pretty moronic and uninformed conspiracy nonsense about Netanyahu, presumably in a rather pathetic attempt to gain support among Muslim voters.

The only positive note was that the fascist party, Reform, was hammered and only came 6th, despite receiving probably ten times the coverage of the the LibDems immediately above them in the standings.

20. Compare the attitude of the German forces towards the allied forces about the food relief activities with what the idf/Israel is doing now:
    upload_2024-3-1_13-29-17.png

21. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    They could strap the aid to the 2000 pound bombs they are shipping over, it would help with logistics. And it would deliver the aid directly to the people most affected.

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  22. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The ongoing blaming of the Biden Admin for everything is odd to me. Israel is a grown up country and an army in occupation. Biden does not have boots on the ground and is not some all powerful figure who can deliver on wish casting. There is one country that has the security presence that could ensure humanitarian aid is delivered. It's not the US.

23. Nevertheless the blame for the deaths from starvation/diseases/bombs will fall on the onlooking western allies of the army in control too.
    And rightfully so.

There's only one thing left for us instead of looking on/being bystanders and that's load landing crafts with food, water and medicines/medical equipment and hit the shores of Gaza with them.
    Back them up with warships with the message to the idf any harm to them inflicted by you is met with brutal force on you matching what you did to the Gaza population.

24. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    There is no version of an Israel state in that location that is acceptable to their neighbors in the long run. Not the 1948, not the pre 67, not the current one. Well maybe the version that is pushed to the sea.

I believe in the long run this will still happen. cos the west can only delay a nuclear ME for so long at some point many countries in the axis will have Nuclear capabilities and more than one of them have stated that their number 1 desire is to eradicate the Jews.

The only reason Israel survived this long is because they have the number 1 power in the world since WW2 backing it.

Cleaning the Book zealot will not eradicate the other book zealot who believe Jews should be eliminated.
    There is no concession Israel can give that will satisfy their neighbors in the long run

25. M

M Member+

Feb 18, 2000
    Via Ventisette
    It is inexcusable to give $3.5bn of military welfare a year to a country that is behaving as despicably as Israel is doing. That’s the basic equation for many.

RafaLarios repped this.