Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 7, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    It's easy to find the Hamas founding covenant from 1988 that calls for the annihilation of all Israelis. It's not exactly a secret.

That still doesn't explain why some of you have decided to hate Jews in your country (except, of course, for the one or two who are your token "friends.")

2. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    The Hadith does specify Zionists... Oh wait.

The time(16) will not come until Muslims will fight the Jews (and kill them); until the Jews hide behind rocks and trees, which will cry: 0 Muslim! there is a Jew hiding behind me, come on and kill him! This will not apply to the Gharqad(17), which is a Jewish tree (cited by Bukhari and Muslim)(18).

Moishe and TyffaneeSue repped this.
  3. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    #12228 Umar, Feb 24, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    What does a Hamas document from 1988 when they had precisely a 0% mandate from the Palestinian people, which has since been superseded with a document that makes clear that the armed struggle is against occupying Zionists and not Jews, have to do with the statement:

Do you want me to go through a list of what israeli politicians and groups have said and done in the past when referring to the Arabs and Palestinians, and use that as a pretext for justifying an assertions that all Jews just want to kill Palestinians?

If there’s any nation wiping another nation off the face of the earth right now, it’s not the Palestinians that are doing it…

M repped this.
  4. Wasnot that after the Jewish tribe(s) had a treaty broken with Mohammed to fight the Medina warriors and that text was directed at that tribe?

Deadtigers repped this.
  5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    If it was, why so many imams still preaching this verse? And when I say many, I realize those are the ones making the news.

6. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Same reason so many rabbis are narrating the story of what the Jews did to the Amalekites.

Deadtigers repped this.
  7. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    another predictable development

the flagship GOP conference full of antisemitic nazis

Mike03, Belgian guy and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  8. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Lol... Yes, incitement to murderous violence is definitely one of notorious rabbinic pillars.

9. If only peope stopped taking quotes out of context.
    That text you quoted came from the victory over Medina forces in 625 and susequent reckoning with traitors as in those days happened with brutality.
    As you know muslims have occupied and ruled territories laden with Jews. Yet, despite this text no muslim thought about exterminating Jews. in Spain Jews were in high ranking positions in Muslim government. Iirc the highest rank in finance was occupied by a Jew.
    So I doubt your claim it was aimed at Jews in general, given history of Jews under muslim rule.
    From Israeli source:
    https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/the-golden-age-of-judaism-in-al-andalus-part-1/

upload_2024-2-24_23-32-41.png

I remember you in your quest to cast a very wide net to claim anti-semitism mentioned Al Andalus too as a cesspit of it.
    But given history and the word of the prophet to be obeyed it makes more sense and was taken as such by later rulers when the muslims were in control that text only ment those traitors and not Jews in general. Otherwise Hitler had to find another scapegoat to go after.

The people who now are reciting that text take it out of that historic context in a new battle of territory.

10. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    You know as much about what imams are preaching as I do about rabbis, was the point.

I do know what Netanyahu is preaching though, and it’s not from way back in 1988:

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01...uth-africa-icj-genocide-case-israel/103403552

11. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Ah, nothing like our religion getting goysplained to us by people who despise us!

Potowmack and Moishe repped this.
  12. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Yes, I was the one who first brought up religious texts of other religions and started telling other people what their religious leaders are preaching :rolleyes:

LastBoyscout, mebeSajid, Ahmadi8 and 2 others repped this.
  13. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Where did I do that? I don't think you'll find the words "Islam" or "Muslim" in anything I wrote. Rather, I talked about the founding charter of the Hamas government. In significance, it's akin to the US constitution, even though the constitution too was written a long time ago, when the US was still pretty small and struggling.

14. You took a snipe at Umar's remark in response to Yasik19's post. Either you reacted at him without reading what he responded to, or you read it and ignored it to try to score a point.

15. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
  16. That's weird.
    I post the text in a PM to you.

Edit: If google translate gives a translated part that seems odd, it's far from perfect, PM that part to me to correct it.

17. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Finding videos of Imams preaching hate is a hell of a lot easier than find the like from Rabbis.

Moving the goalposts to Netanyahu is low hanging fruit. So would finding Abass Holocaust denying or Sinwar being Sinwar.

18. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    The discussions have been pretty wide ranging but we have discussed that aspect a lot over the months.
    I don't know about students as I'm not a student but, more generally, I don't think people expect Jews to express opposition to the existence of Israel so much as not to deny what we can all see happening in front of our eyes.

More generally, I think this is part of the problem

Although antisemitism has always been with us, (the same as ALL forms of bigotry), people have to recognise there's a huge difference between criticising someone for what they are and criticising them for what they DO.

Providing context for what's happening in Israel is perfectly reasonable but when it crosses over into making excuses for things which are inexcusable it's not antisemitic to point out that's wrong any more than a Muslim making excuses for Islamic terrorist attacks is wrong.
    As I say, that last bit is incorrect in some instances.

It's the same as the criticism of Sinn Fein back in the day whose sole function for the media seemed to be to act as a mouthpiece for IRA terrorists who commonly killed civilians, (more than half the people killed during the troubles were civilians). Every night on the news we were subjected to SInn Fein spokesman explaining why it was either perfectly reasonable for women and children to be blown up or, at worst, 'regrettable', (one of their favourite words).

Personally I can see this has been an incredibly difficult matter for you and others and that's why I think you've struggled to provide nuance to your position sometimes and have , for example, slipped into speaking of 'Palestinians' and 'hamas' as if they're one and the same.

All I'd ask is that you realise that, for some of us reading that, we only have what we see on the page to go on. I've read some of your posts and thought, 'Well, she probably doesn't mean that as written''.

Of course, tbf, it comes to something when we're expecting more of a random person in the internet than of some of the world's leaders but, there we are :(

Deadtigers repped this.
  19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    This is honestly insane.

The primary two things I have expressed in this topic are:

1. Horror at the high number of civilian deaths in Gaza, especially the children among them
    2. Pushed back against the idea that Islamophobia is not a serious problem

How you get from that to accusing me of hating Jews is absurd.

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  20. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I don't know about Belgium but, over here, we've actually imported quite a lot of our antisemitism with Muslim immigration.

To be clear, there was antisemitism before but it was more a matter of disliking 'the other' and those sorts of people also disliked everyone else, not just Jews...

21. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    While we engage in a back and forth about people saying mean things in the US to those who support an on-going genocide, this is happening:

22. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    Maybe that's because there are a hell of a lot more imams then rabbis.

23. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It's also worth saying that 'moving the goalposts' from a religious figure to an elected head of state is not that unreasonable.

24. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe. Maybe not. Point still stands even if you adjusted…

Oh yes it is Andy