Hamas Attacks, Israel Responds

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Cascarino's Pizzeria, Oct 7, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Totalitarian states and leaders are beating the drumm of "Human Rights" hypocracy of the west.

2. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Israel is being ripped apart on the basis of international law, even by other western nations. Yet, the mental gymnastic being displayed to defend them is fascinating to read. The west has lost the right to lecture anyone about anything

3. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    That's fair.

4. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Leaving aside the inconsistently of calling it a "Jewish" state when the majority wouldn't be Jewish, but the proposition of giving Palestinians Israel citizenship (even though the Israeli military has ruled over the Palestinian people for nearly sixty years now) usually leads to collective hysterics from pro-Israel types.

5. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    It never had the right. All it had was a monopoly on force.

Here's the thing about principles: they're only principles when they hurt. Otherwise, they're just platitudes. And the principles got thrown out really freaking fast this time around.

6. To illustrate what you post:
    The Dutch government couldnot get an Israeli hostage the Dutch nationality fast enough to give him the status of a foreign hostage. Despite his family being originally from the Netherlands, he never has been there and doesnot speak Dutch at all.
    It was successful in the way he was released by hama.

Contrast that with the many Dutch born Palestinians who had the misfortune to be in Gaza on family visit occasions, like weddings when the idf bombardments and surrounding/lock up began.
    They did shit for them. Several were killed, among them the mother of a boy who survived and after long stay at the Egyptian gate finally could get to safety with the surviving part of his family.

7. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Here there and everywhere.
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I value Israeli lives as much as you value Palestinian lives. What’s the problem?

8. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
  9. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    As I've mentioned before on here many times, I was in business for decades and that is NOT how you haggle...

Jesus dude, what sort of Jew ARE you?! :D

There's negotiating and there's taking the piss. That's the latter!

10. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Criminals? WTF are you blathering about?

The article's about looting and it says it comes from statements and photos by IDF soldiers themselves. We could have an investigation I guess but if the people that are being accused are saying, 'Oh yeah, we did it', are you saying we SHOULDN'T believe them?

feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  11. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    'Congratulations, Irgun. here is your reward for terrrorist attacks, including the King David David Hotel - a UN vote for a new state on someone else's land'.

feyenoordsoccerfan and Moishe repped this.
  12. mebeSajid

mebeSajid Member+

Feb 16, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Except that the settlements are in fact prohibited by the Geneva convention.

13. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Just going on things I’ve paraphrased you saying in previous posts.

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  14. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Where does throwing hand grenades into helicopters of olympiads fall within the context of the Geneva Conventions?

15. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reward or not, they are a violation of international law.

16. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, Israel got recognized after a Jewish Terrorist attack, why can't Palestine get statehood after they commit a terrorist attack.

M repped this.
  17. Robert Borden

Robert Borden Member+

Chelsea
    Canada
    Apr 19, 2017
    Toronto, Ontario
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Doesn't it get tiring to keep thinking that you're the only one on the planet who's right and everyone else but you is wrong :whistling:
    Screenshot_20240224-003510_X.jpg

18. Iranian Monitor

Iranian Monitor Member+

Aug 18, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    This war was ugly and disgusting before but has past that now. The immorality of the world sitting and watching this disgusting show by Netanyahu and the Israelis has totally dented my already hugely strained view of human nature and the ability of what may even be otherwise half decent people closing their eyes on kids pleading for help being starved, butchered, bombed, terrorized and maimed for life. I have kids of my own and when I see what is happening, I wish there was a much more innocent planet I could take them to in place of this macabre planet I have brought them to.

19. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Ignoring the implication that I do not value Israeli lives, I still don't know how depriving 2 million people of food is meant to help the hostages.

20. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    Those settlements have been "inconsistent with international law" for far longer than 10/7.

Deadtigers and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.
  21. LastBoyscout

LastBoyscout Member+

Mar 6, 2013
    "Bad things have happened to us so we are allowed to do bad things ourselves!"

Really? That's your philosophy? Why aren't other people allowed the same rights you assign to your own group.

22. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Ah but was it really a terrorist attack? Being that the King David housed the Government and military offices of the Mandate, it was technically a legitimate target. Pretty sure that’s a standard regarding classification of attacks.

I saw the British as occupiers that the Jews were trying to free their land from. Of course the argument could and has been made that there were more Arabs there but that argument comes with the question of why were there not more Jews in Judea?

The latter reminds of the Neuer speech to the UN in Geneva where he went around and asked all the Arab members where their Jews were.

To this day I’m still wondering why the warnings to evacuate the hotel were defiantly ignored.

23. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    That’s the point of my posts. I’m giving Israel the same standard others in this thread are allowing the other party to this conflict. You really couldn’t figure that out. Interesting

TyffaneeSue repped this.
  24. Moishe

Moishe Moderator
    Staff Member

Boca Juniors
    Argentina
    Mar 6, 2005
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I acknowledge my bias and I actually do have a legitimate bias in this conflict has stated many times my empathy for the plight of the Palestinians I believe to be innocent victims in this. With you, comments about the value of Israeli lives are few and far between with little if any meat to them. Putting aside the hostages, do you have any idea how many Israelis have been displaced from their homes not just because of Hamas? Do you have any clue how many rockets have been launched into Israel since 10/7? What about the year, five years, 20 years…. The argument that has been made in this very thread that due to their being primitive somehow makes them less of an issue.

You’ve spent this entire thread pushing a form of what-about-ism starting with the deflection on antisemitism.

It does not help when others post links calling out the rise in Islamophobia based on stats provided by Arab groups but at the same time dismiss or question antisemitism stats for…coming from the ADL for example.

You seem like a genuinely good person so I won’t hold against you the European culture of hate and antisemitism you come from.

25. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Wow.

majspike and feyenoordsoccerfan repped this.